We don't need another hero!

2»

Comments

• Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    5star are not included in release schedule. It's been 2 weeks since Riri. So yeah, there you go.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    But but Mordo is not a hero, he's a villain! icon_e_wink.gif
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Good news next release isn't a hero.
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    But but Mordo is not a hero, he's a villain! icon_e_wink.gif

So you think they've listened to me and release a villain instead of an hero?
    icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif

If so, I hope they listen to the rest if my complain too icon_e_wink.gif
  • I agree with you guys... too soon D3 release a new character.. 4* better releases every 4 weeks... 5* every 12 weeks...
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jam_Adams wrote:
    maybe another option for avoiding expiration is to have a Bank in addition to the roster queue. move a cover into the Bank, then it no longer has an expiration. limit the slots in the Bank, or make them purchasable ($$ for devs). to remove a cover from the Bank, it must be sold (i.e it can not enter the roster queue again).

Did you actually mean that a cover could only be used on a character or sold when removed from the bank as otherwise that is a horrible feature, it merely delays when you get the annoying iso for a wasted cover.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    GodSigma wrote:
    I agree with you guys... too soon D3 release a new character.. 4* better releases every 4 weeks... 5* every 12 weeks...

They need to make money from this game, so such a schedule would be a bad idea, what they need to do for the player though is to be willing to delay a release slightly when (rather than if) they are as buggy as some of the ones they have chucked over the wall in recent months as it will be tough to make money from people if they have got so annoyed with the issues with the game that they just move onto something else instead.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Well, our Mordo is based on the film version, so he's kind of a conflicted proto-villain right now. Probably too much to hope for, but I'd like to see a "classic variant" Baron Mordo, based on the committed evildoer from the comics.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Daiches wrote:
    5star are not included in release schedule. It's been 2 weeks since Riri. So yeah, there you go.

When 5s are released with their own event, and their own store, they MUST be included in the release schedule.

In the end, we had to play hard to get a chance to obtaining him (though his store) so this is the same thing as releasing a 4 with his own PvE event, etc. If they keep like this they are going to burn all his players. I always try to get at least one cover in these events but I am starting to stop caring...
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Polares wrote:
    I always try to get at least one cover in these events but I am starting to stop caring...

I'm not even going for Mordo, firstly I've stopped caring. It's like a sensory overload of new covers. What am I supposed to do with them? #boreoff

Secondly The first rule of mystic arts is your defence.
    I.e A passive move

Loki has (mischief)
    Dr strange has ( Flames of Faltine)
    Hood has ( Dormammu's aid) and
    Scarlet witch has ( Arcane Incantations)

If I could cast spells I would make certain if anyone approached my house with evil intentions. A trap door would open up and send them to Timbuctoo.

Mordo has nothing which I find incredible and for that reason he can do one.
  • Guess you guys are correct again... If comes about money, releasing a new character every 2 weeks may back fire D3, while we have to many heroes or villains to champ... The excitement is gone... At first I got excited with a new character, I did not even have enough sleep to play either pve or pvp even i woke up in the middle of the night just to do the stark buy. Now? I dont care.. If i dont get it so be it.. I m not going to spend another 1000hp just for a slot every 2 weeks... IMHO
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    We will get evil Mordo when the Dr Strange sequel hits in 3-4 years.
  • WEBGAS
    Polares wrote:
    When 5s are released with their own event, and their own store, they MUST be included in the release schedule.

In the end, we had to play hard to get a chance to obtaining him (though his store) so this is the same thing as releasing a 4 with his own PvE event, etc. If they keep like this they are going to burn all his players. I always try to get at least one cover in these events but I am starting to stop caring...

This is my feeling too...I am starting to stop caring and loose interest.
    Do you hear the bells ringing, Devs? icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Lampo
    Lampo Posts: 121 Tile Toppler
    If you don't want a new character, then don't chase the covers.

If you get them by some other means (out of a token, for instance) just sell them.

Just ignore them.

Not that complicated.

Just have the honesty to own up to it if you develop "seller's regret" later.

I don't intend to chase Riri very hard. If covers come my way, I'll roster her, but not chase her.

Almost.
    Let's say I don't want the new Iron-Woman, so I don't chase it, BUT... her only presence makes my chances to get Rhulk smaller. And for every new character (good or bad) the chances to get covers for any character lessen. Not to speak about that cover of that colour that I really need to champion that hero.

So, adding new characters afflicts EVERY player, wheter they like those characters or not.
    Older players have usually better roster not only because they had more time to improve it, but also because once they had better possibilities to get the right covers. I'm at day 473, never spent money; I have almost all the 4 stars, but the strongest one is a 1-5-2, and half of them have less then 4 covers...
  • WEBGAS
    Seriously, we don't even got Mordo because his Pve hasn't finished yet and we just get hints for a new character's release? icon_e_surprised.gificon_e_surprised.gificon_e_surprised.gif

They are NOT LISTENING! or even worse, they don't really care! icon_evil.gif
  • Teskal
    Teskal Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    I agree with most of the first post. Only different opinion I have that we do not need new heroes. This should not be changed.

But I would prefer if they add few 2* and 3* as well. Not only numbers of heroes for 4* and 5* should grow.