Which 4* character would you improve?

Options
2»

Comments

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mr Fantastic probably needs it the most, but I picked Venom.

He's one of my favorite characters and it sucks that he's so bad.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Venom's black needs a fix, bad. You wanna Give and Take? Let's Give and Take:

Give and Take - 0 AP
    (Passive) At the start of your turn, if you have less than 9 Black AP: Venom loses 212 health, deals 539 damage to the target, and gain 1 friendly Black AP. If you have 9 or more Black AP: Venom gains 174 health, deals 317 damage to the enemy team, and drains 1 friendly Black AP.

His yellow nuke is also meh thanks to the silly enemy protect tiles. Make it more of:

Lethal Protector - 9 Yellow AP
    Venom lashes out with his twisted sense of justice. Deals 935 damage and creates 2 friendly strength 17 Protect tiles. If there are 6 or more friendly Protect tiles, Venom instead deals 1314 damage, loses 276 health and removes all friendly Protect tiles.
      Level 2: Deals 1014 or 1578 damage. Level 3: Deals 1226 or 1793 damage. Creates 2 friendly strength 21 Protect tiles. Level 4: Deals 1857 or 2793 damage. Requires 5 Protect tiles. Level 5: Deals 2846 or 4103 damage. Requires 4 Protect tiles.

Falcap's blue is inferior to Falcon's yellow. Make it a power worthy of a 4*:

Aerial Avenger - 0 AP
    (Passive) Sam soars overhead, giving his team an advantage while coordinating their battle-plan from above. Whenever you make a blue match, strengthen 2 friendly special tiles by 24.
      Level 2: Strengthens 3 friendly special tiles by 31. Level 3: Also reduces 2 friendly Countdown tiles by 1. Level 4: Strengthens 3 friendly special tiles by 58. Level 5: Fortifies up to 3 friendly tiles, strengthens 3 friendly special tiles by 73, and reduces 3 friendly Countdown tiles by 1.

I like the Give and Take fix but it seems like it would be crazy overpowered when paired with strike tiles. Passive AOE damage? Yikes. Pair it with Bl4de and Thanos, and they could easily kill an entire team without ever firing an active ability.

The Lethal Protector change is legit and makes it more interesting than the current incarnation, though I'd be more inclined to change his two **** powers than the one that's currently sorta decent.

I dunno, I feel like Flaptain is OK as he is. Two or three blue matches and your tiles are gonna be diesel.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Speaking of Blade, he could use a fix too. That Black is just atrocious.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I like the Give and Take fix but it seems like it would be crazy overpowered when paired with strike tiles. Passive AOE damage? Yikes. Pair it with Bl4de and Thanos, and they could easily kill an entire team without ever firing an active ability.

The Lethal Protector change is legit and makes it more interesting than the current incarnation, though I'd be more inclined to change his two **** powers than the one that's currently sorta decent.

I dunno, I feel like Flaptain is OK as he is. Two or three blue matches and your tiles are gonna be diesel.

I think Flaptain is pretty weak as a tile buffer. At 5 his blue is slightly better than prof x at 3 covers. I have his blue at 4 and it is so underwhelming to see him fly by and only buff one tile. He can create a ton of special tiles but can only buff 2 at a time? I would still like him to increase countdowns for selected tiles, but at least reducing 3 at a time lets him pair with im40.

Venom's yellow is good since the protect tiles are weak, and weakened by his passive. It can also sort of accelerate his green. BlackBolt, how would you fix his green? Not like this hypothetical fix would be used, but I like what you did so far.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Anon wrote:

It's too late for me to add him to the poll, but I've added him to my original post.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mr Fantastic the leader of the Fantastic 4 isn't that fantastic (even with his teammates)
  • Hyposphere6234
    Hyposphere6234 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I've voted for Mr. Fantastic. I'm still in 3* to 4* transition and I currently have six maxed 4*s and three more at 12 covers. Mr. Fantastic is currently at 2/5/5 and I have a black cover that expires in eight days. When I got that cover I had around 200 CP to spend, I could have spent 120 CP on maxing him out but decided to blow it all on CL tokens and if I got lucky with a Mr F. Blue then so be it. I didn't get a Mr F. blue and I'm nearing 120 CP again and there's no way I'm blowing that to max out Mr F.

blueflag.png This one is okay, stun plus protect tiles which fuels his yellow isn't too bad. But his yellow is extremely, extremely niched. His black I also have a problem with.

yellowflag.png Matched friendly tiles heal him and only him. That match will only generate a single green AP for each other Fantastic Four member on the team.

A couple of fixes could move him into the more useful Kamala Kahn territory, firing powers made KK's passive heal the whole team, with Mr F. friendly tiles being matched could be similar. Reduce the amount of healing but let it effect the whole team. Considering that there's only three other members of the Fantastic Four the AP generation is extremely niche. Change the AP generation to strongest colour.

blackflag.png I have five black covers on my level 250 Mr. F, his black creates a CD tile that deals 778 extra damage but only if I match red, green or yellow tiles. A lot of people have Elektra on their list to change but at least her red does double the damage with a hidden trap tile every turn it's on the board.

The only fix I can think of is to make this a passive ability. His role is support and the colour matches for this ability aren't his own, this will make him even more of a threat. We have plenty of 4*s that buff friendly or negate special tiles passively, having a 4* who constantly buffs damage with basic tile matching is something a little different. Iron Fist constantly creates a 500+ attack tile at the start of each turn if one isn't there already at five covers. Mr F. who is 4* has to spend 9AP to create a CD tile that is only kept active and is useful when matching specific covers which only deal an extra 700 damage until it runs out or is matched away. All that effort for a lousy extra 700+ damage only for specific matches? There's a couple of roads with the passive, if it was just based generally on colour matches then it would make him a real threat. If it was creating a 1-turn CD tile each turn (If one wasn't there already) it might balance things out a little.

I know that there's a few support only roles in 3* land, the dev's probably wanted a few in 4* land. I'm not trying to turn Mr. F into a beast, right now he's geared towards being niched into a team of three out of four characters, with one character who is 2*/3* only, out of a roster of 120+. Human Torch, Invisible Woman and The Thing don't have any powers that are specifically geared towards a Fantastic Four only team, only Mr. Fantastic does.
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Anon wrote:

Blade is honestly my vote. I've mostly played these characters with high numbers of covers only as loaners, but Blade is a special case. He's really powerful if you have the right board. On the board without red though, he is just there for decoration.

His black should help that, but it's just the worst. It costs too much, has the additional limit that it only helps you with the red tile situation if you somehow already have red AP. For some reason it also reduces the enemy's AP, but only of one color, and not enough to make real difference there either.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    blueflag.png This one is okay, stun plus protect tiles which fuels his yellow isn't too bad. But his yellow is extremely, extremely niched. His black I also have a problem with.
    If the blue made more numerous but weaker protect tiles, this would improve the ability tremendously. It would give more targets for his yellow ability to get activated, more chances for friendly team members to improve the shields with their own abilities, prevent his arch-enemy Doom's Blue ability from completely wrecking the board, etc. To match Doom's blue, how about make EVERY blue a protect tile at LVL 5?
    yellowflag.png Matched friendly tiles heal him and only him. That match will only generate a single green AP for each other Fantastic Four member on the team.

A couple of fixes could move him into the more useful Kamala Kahn territory, firing powers made KK's passive heal the whole team, with Mr F. friendly tiles being matched could be similar. Reduce the amount of healing but let it effect the whole team. Considering that there's only three other members of the Fantastic Four the AP generation is extremely niche. Change the AP generation to strongest colour.
    There are a few other members of the FF in the game, but if you're using using a 4-star, the odds that you've got the 2-star Human Torch or *giggle* Bag-Man on your team is extremely low. Maybe generate an AP of the strongest color, and do extra damage/fortify a friendly tile for each member of the FF on your team?
    blackflag.png I have five black covers on my level 250 Mr. F, his black creates a CD tile that deals 778 extra damage but only if I match red, green or yellow tiles. A lot of people have Elektra on their list to change but at least her red does double the damage with a hidden trap tile every turn it's on the board.

The only fix I can think of is to make this a passive ability. His role is support and the colour matches for this ability aren't his own, this will make him even more of a threat. We have plenty of 4*s that buff friendly or negate special tiles passively, having a 4* who constantly buffs damage with basic tile matching is something a little different. Iron Fist constantly creates a 500+ attack tile at the start of each turn if one isn't there already at five covers. Mr F. who is 4* has to spend 9AP to create a CD tile that is only kept active and is useful when matching specific covers which only deal an extra 700 damage until it runs out or is matched away. All that effort for a lousy extra 700+ damage only for specific matches? There's a couple of roads with the passive, if it was just based generally on colour matches then it would make him a real threat. If it was creating a 1-turn CD tile each turn (If one wasn't there already) it might balance things out a little.
    I do like your idea of a passive ability. If they still want to keep this ability active, then making the tile indestructible (or auto-fortify it each turn?) would be very helpful. Or increase the amount of time that the countdown increases for each match. 4-star Cyclops yellow countdown tile costs 5 to get going, the timer increases three for each TU match, and if gives you 6 of your most powerful AP at LVL 5. Given the choice between 700 damage and 6 AP, I'll choose the 6 AP every time, since that will generally let my team do a lot more than 700 damage.
    I know that there's a few support only roles in 3* land, the dev's probably wanted a few in 4* land. I'm not trying to turn Mr. F into a beast, right now he's geared towards being niched into a team of three out of four characters, with one character who is 2*/3* only, out of a roster of 120+. Human Torch, Invisible Woman and The Thing don't have any powers that are specifically geared towards a Fantastic Four only team, only Mr. Fantastic does.
    The main team I use him with is X-23 and Daken. All true healers, Daken makes lots more friendly tiles to trigger Mr F's healing (and help with the damage from Imaginaut if it ever lasts long enough) But he is definitely niched in.