Forum Thread

2»

Comments

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Champion Prizes are prizes.. I need that CP desperately!! I sure as heck can't win it from pvp, so I gotta get it from somewhere!!!

Here's my latest list:
    Finished! Level
    Fury 299
    Thor 294
    IW 291
    Carnage 291
    Cyc 290
    HB 290
    Elektra 289
    JG 289
    Rhulk 287
    AM 287
    XFW 286
    Ice 285
    Thing 284
    XDP 283
    X-23 283
    SL 282
    GR 281
    Kingpin 280
    Gwen 279
    Nova 279
    Quake 279
    Falcap 278
    Dino 277
    Venom 277
    Peggy 276
    Cho 276
    Pun 275
    Miles 274
    Mr. F 274
    WS 273
    Drax 272
    ProfX 272 [Note: I have another non-champed Prof X for Winfinite, even though I barely use it. This ProfX is for the Champion rewards!!]

Name ISO to Max ISO to Champ My current ISO
    Spider Woman 50,896 63,396 315,000

Name Covers
    WM 12
    Moon 12
    Kate 10
    Wasp 9
    AVenom 8
    Blade 7
    Luke Cage 6
    Gwenpool 6
    Medusa 6
    Cap Marv 1
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    All rostered, 27 champs and counting. I resisted rostering Howard the Duck the first time he was available, but on the 2nd run I caved and he's sitting at 2/1/0.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    I have sold a handful of Venom and Elektra covers, even when I could have champed them in time. Otherwise I pretty much have champed everyone when I got a 14th cover, even Carnage (his LT got me my first 5trange, so I don't regret it) But I roster everyone. I have 111 roster spots, which covers all 2,3,4 and 5* except Thanos and bagman, but I have enough hp to add 3 slots. Just got another Venom green, might finally champ him.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Got them all rostered, 21 champed. Thanks to taking the time the champ all 3*’s and recycling a 2* farm, plus being in a daily-active PVE alliance, HP is flowing enough that I’m never hurting for a roster spot when I need it. I’ll just kick one of 7 or 8 1*’s that have autofilled into my empties.

Current plan to champing is Kate Bishop due to a cover for her I grabbed while trying for Carol. Then, based on the recent 4* progression rewards for this event and the next, probably IW, then Wasp. (yeah I know Wasp is meh at best, but she’s a nostalgic favorite and I’ll have the cover in a few days anyway).

There is a list of 4*’s I have maxed covered that I’ve just made peace with the fact that I’m going to sell their extra covers for ISO towards characters I’d rather being be playing with, at least for the foreseeable future or a rework: Fury, Elektra, Flaptain, Eddie Venom, Miles, Prof X, Mr Fantastic, X Force Wolverine, Devil Dino, and Drax.

I’ll get to them all one day, at this point I don’t actually NEED a particular 4*, so I prioritize them by personal preference or even just curiosity.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    I currently have every 4*. Only 11 champs, 2 max-covered, and a few hanging out in the 11-12 range. The rest are in the 1-8 cover nebula of being completely useless.

Early on I tried to make room for every 4* cover I got, because that looked like the end-game. All those maxed XFW players dominating the leaderboards. I gave up a few when roster slots were restrictive, generally choosing to roster another 3*.

Now that I make enough HP to keep up with slots for releases, I just roster everything. I like that the number of useless covers is limited to 6th of a color, and as far as utility I like the revamps that they've been doing. IW was the worst for a long time, now she's kinda beastly - team invisibility, a solid nuke, and counter special. Sign me up! Even TA Hulk, widely considered a joke character, has been buffed to the point where I actually see him around without a boost (usually with Rhulk). Even a character that's currently useless has the potential for greatness in this system, and every change so far has been for the better.

Since I'm so slow at collecting covers, the Iso deficit is easily manageable and by the time I've got a garbage character covered, they might be useful!
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Must... champ... all... the... toys....

Need... more... iso...

In all honesty I'm stuck with 5* scaling/mmr and rarely use anyone but the top tier 4*s like Cyc/Peggy/Bobby (also I'm lazy and could probably try more combos), so champing is mostly a completionist thing and somewhat of a sop for drawing 4* covers - feels better to be able to apply covers and get fun stuff instead of selling.

Currently on 36 champs including Howard and Dino. Hoping to fix up Fury next with his upcoming pvp progression, unless I draw extra covers from among Fantastic, Wasp and Elektra, or there is another buff.

One cover short on Agent Venom and Gwenpool, who both seem fun. Which makes me tetchy. icon_e_smile.gif Also hoping for more covers for Medusa and Carol.
  • stryke
    stryke Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Punisher, as I genuinely dislike him as a character. Ditto the 3* version.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    stryke wrote:
    Punisher, as I genuinely dislike him as a character. Ditto the 3* version.

Woof. You do you, but 4* Punisher is one of the best characters in the tier.
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    I sold the Agent Venom covers that I had in queue. I'd rather have a modern Black Widow in that roster slot. Everyone else has a spot, but I might skip Riri too.