Forum Thread

aesthetocyst
aesthetocyst Posts: 538 Critical Contributor
Forum post.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Shinigami
    Shinigami Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Mr (not so) Fantastic and Howard as non-champs for me due to them not being any good.

Not champing PX is a bit unique because you actually want to keep his level low for winfinite uses.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    i've rostered them all but of the 3 with max covers only 1 (Cyclops) is likely to be champ'ed soon
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    I super don't like Carnage. Maybe if I ever start trying to push for 900 in PVP a championed Carnage would be a nice scarecrow, but I don't like the powerset he brings to the table.

Devil Dino and Howard I just don't have the patience to carry at low covers in the hopes of getting more in a year. or two. or three.

Other 'n that? Bring 'em on.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    If I had my druthers I would champ them all, but I'm only working my way to a little better than a single 4* champed per each character release (whether that is a 4 or 5 star). At this point, I've crossed the halfway point and am at 25 out of the 44.

But I only have a few cover-maxed characters left, and I'm not sure if that is going to block me off or if other characters that are at 11/12 covers will get their last covers at the same rate.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    I've got them all rostered, but refuse to champ IW. I just immediately sold the 3 covers I won in R&G.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would have voted for 1 if i had the iso to do so. I think falcap, elektra and reed has been maxed covered for over a year now. Every time there is enough ISO to champion a 4*, someone else always gets it over these three. Even if there were covers expiring, I tend to champion the other 4*, or even investing into my 2* farms.
  • MaxxPowerz
    MaxxPowerz Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    I own all of them. I refuse to champ DD and Howard for obvious reasons, but also Mr. Fantastic unless they give him a rework. He's gotta be the most broken character in the game.

And Cho is awesome, he's the first 4* I champed.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    I have most of them, except the most recently released few, but I have no plans to champ any of them. I'm softcapping them to be playable along with my 3*s. I'm really not wanting to obsolete another tier of characters.
  • elwhiteninja
    elwhiteninja Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    your missing eddie brock venom
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    I have them all rostered, and plan to champ them all eventually.

There are a few I've had max covered for a long time and it feels like I'll never get to them. They just keep getting skipped over because there's always a better option. Flaptain, XFW, Carnage, IW, and Fury are low on my list. Right now I have Quake and Cho max covered and will likely be the next I champ, and by the time those are champed I'll probably have Nova or Miles ready, then Kate, X-23, etc.
  • Skygazing
    Skygazing Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    It's a bit more complex for me than outright refusal to champ. Of the options you listed I have Drax, Miles, Flaptain, Carnage, MrF, Fury, and Elektra fully covered but unchamped. Miles is one I definitely want to champ at some point because I enjoy using him, but I already have other fully covered 4*s that are better (Nova, Quake) and several that are only 1-3 covers from max (Kate, MK, Bucky) that will probably take priority. Flaptain and Carnage are characters I can see being useful when boosted, but I don't really care for either of them. Fury and Elektra are decent but are older and don't really stack up to the more recent 4*s. The only two that I have 0 interest in champing without a rework are Drax and MrF.

Unless ISO costs are adjusted though, chances are that the only one of the group that might get champed is Miles. Newer releases like Carol are just way better, and by the time I get enough ISO to even consider throwing it at one of the weaker 4*s she and other characters like Medusa will likely be fully covered.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    I've got them all rostered and plan champ everyone given enough time and resources. Selling covers sucks. I've already champed Mr F and IW just avoid having to sell their covers. I've got Carnage, DD, and Prof X at 13 covers. I'm in no rush champ them, but will. Carnage whenever I pull another cover for him, DD will probably get champed next Anniversary, and Prof X once I finish his dupe for Winfinite.
  • Kevin61
    Kevin61 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    I TINYKITTY HATE CARNAGE!!!!!!!!
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,790 Chairperson of the Boards
    Only Howard non rostered. I sell his covers because I just hate him. I hate playing against him (although not any more with War Machine) and for how often he's useful I won't use a slot up. As for champs my current plan is only to champ the ones I consider top 15 to me, I'm hoping by the time I finish that slog my game will have moved to worrying about putting iso into 5*. As I'm only on day 600 ish and with current iso demands I don't think they game will ever allow me to free up enough iso to champ them all like I have the 2 and 3*.

Even if I could comfortably champ one per week and with new 4* releases and having 5 done it would take me more than a full year of play to champ what's out there. Rather depressing when I think about it. So for someone starting a year or so into the game I don't think champing them all is an option. Iso fall would have to be triple what it is currently for me to consider it. So it's top toons only and that will change with introduction of new ones like Carol.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    None, obviously. But I am long time player, and I spend money sometimes so HP is not a problem.

My problem now is champing them. I have I think it is 22 champed, but now I am using all my iso in my 5s, so I don't know when I will be able to go back to champing them... I guess at some point in the future I will champ Medusa (already cover maxed) and Carol.
  • Pessi
    Pessi Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    After selling over 6 covers for IW, I champed her just before her buff. Honestly, I have some of the weaker 4*'s champed (Electra, Reed, etc) but I'm not wasting covers, and now I have around 15 champed 4's less covers are going to waste, but also my draw rates on covers I need are going down. I'm lucky to be able to champ which ever maxed 4 comes up next.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    34 fourstar champions here. The rest are undercovered, and whenever I get a new cover they get leveled up.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    No votes for Blade or Agent Venom? Really?

Guess I expected more widespread hatred icon_lol.gif

After putting so much effort in their release PVEs (Top 3 Blade, Top 1 Agent Venom) I would be crackbrained when I hadn't add them to my roster. icon_e_wink.gif

While my first year of playing MPQ I was always short of hero points so I had to decide closely which character was valuable or not. Because of that I refused to recruit a few 4* (Carnage, Cho-Hulk, Invisible Woman etc.).

Since the release of champion levels I have a permanently hero point influx so I was able to buy enough roster slots and recruited them all. Even though I know that some of them are still waste (Mr. Fantastic) I build them up (12 4* champions so far) in order to be competitive in Crash of the Titans (only one loss in Circle 4), PVP (I always get the 4* progression reward) and PVEs (four wins in CL7 & CL8 last year).
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    I didnt vote cuz i would be messing with votes, here is the explanation:
    I plan to promote every 4*s just because i dont want to sell their covers and because of promotion rewards. However many unique (howard, dino, also gwenpool, right?) 4*s wont be due to their uniqueness imho. I also promoted Mr. Fantastic - he is useless af but, you know, promotion rewards.

Honestly i think there is no bad 4* in terms of promoting. Even if you wont use them, its better to dump covers in promotions - 1000ISO is small compensation for sold cover. CPs, HPs and LTs are way better rewards.
    Especially when we can get 4*s from PvE, maxing all covers is inevitable - then what? Max out (and promote) or sell?
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    I admit, to me that'd be a weird mindset to have 40+ 4* characters on your roster, and have one or more than you refuse to keep covers for.

The chances that outside of DDQ I ever use Wasp, or Agent Venom, or Drax are infinitesimal, but I'm still rostering and covering them. Three reasons:

a) DDQ is still a thing, and every LT counts
    b) Championing is still a thing, and at my current iso rate I will be able to catch up eventually (as long as I ignore the 5*s, of which I'm not pulling any time soon because hoarding)
    c) There's potential for any character in game to be buffed, and there's no need to scramble for those covers if it happens. Rather be ahead of the curve.