Forum Thread

aesthetocyst
aesthetocyst Posts: 538 Critical Contributor
Forum post.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Dont have Psylocke, Doc Ock or Colossus rostered currently - but certainly plan to
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards
    The champ rewards are too good to ignore. I roster them all. I only have Thanos and Otto left to champ.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    I didn't roster Rags or Sentry until I had everyone else rostered (except 5*), but I just champed both last week and have all 3* except Strange and Thanos champed.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was going to keep Thanos at 0/5/5, but since the correction to his team damage (how that initial release ever passed testing I'll never know), I'll eventually champion him too. No hurry though, not like Doctor Strange.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    No poll for 4*? I have all 3* champed (except Thanos, but just waiting on iso).

4* on the other hand, were elektra, invisible woman, starlord and mr. reed. I eventually did iw and starlord (because of rework) but I doubt I want to spend iso on the other two. Sold so many of their covers already though. May have to bite the bullet one day
  • elwhiteninja
    elwhiteninja Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    for me its all about the ISO and champ rewards. So, i have not champed black panther, rags(although i like his reward), and spidey (contemplating him still). I never use non-battery *** so my precious iso goes to 4 stars
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    There are no 3's i refuse to roster
    indeed aside from the 1 stars i don't have rostered already ( i Have Juggernaut, Black Widow and Storm) and Bag Man there is no one I don't have on my roster
    Funny to note 2 of the characters listed were my first 2 3 Star Champions (Psylocke and Captain Marvel)
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Champions is the reason I finally decided to roster Rags and Doc Ock. Besides the champ rewards, it simply makes PvE and their dedicated character PvP alittle easier. Sentry is a great example because not many players have him chimped, let alone rostered.
  • VizMantis
    VizMantis Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Thanks to Intercepts and a lack of good 4*s covered, I recently had enough of an ISO surplus that I figured, "what the heck" and champed my remaining 3* holdouts. So I voted accordingly.

Had this poll run anytime in the last year prior to a week ago, I would have said (in order of least likely to champ):

1) Ragnarok
    2) Sentry
    3) Colossus
    4) Bullseye (apparently he's considered good, but I had a bad impression of him)
    5) Psylocke
    6) She-Hulk
    7) Sam Wilson (he's not bad like the rest, but I liked soft-capping him to stay in back)
    8) Loki (same as above)
  • WalrusBrigade
    WalrusBrigade Posts: 94 Match Maker
    Rags and Sentry, like a few other people. But I have one that wasn't a choice . . . Daken!! I know I am being stupid. I think it is a hold over from not being able to use him early on because he was constantly used as an enemy. I should really grow up.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    For the longest time I steadfastly refused to roster Sentry, let alone level him.

Since the advent of Champions, I've relented. The original presence of Red Hulk as champion rewards was incentive to get him going, and the change to Moon Knight just solidified that.

So, no, there aren't any longer any 3* I wouldn't champion.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had all threestars rostered and maxed when the champion system launched, so it was an easy decision to Champ them all. A few have gotten up to level 230-ish where the rewards start to get really good, too.
  • Spidurman27
    Spidurman27 Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    36 champs so far. Just champed rags and sentry from PVP and pve rewards this week.

Fully intend to get the last 6 done. None are priority - i won't chase a cover or spend CP regardless of my vine, but come 13 covers yeah I'll champ them.

It's just a bigger more expensive farm that may never reach its cost, but it's fun to do.
  • Felessa
    Felessa Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    Those ones that hurt allies, Ragnarok and Sentry, and those ones I don't like the character itself: Wolverine, Daken and Doom.
  • metallion
    metallion Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    VizMantis wrote:
    Had this poll run anytime in the last year prior to a week ago, I would have said (in order of least likely to champ):

1) Ragnarok
    2) Sentry
    3) Colossus
    4) Bullseye (apparently he's considered good, but I had a bad impression of him)
    5) Psylocke
    6) She-Hulk
    7) Sam Wilson (he's not bad like the rest, but I liked soft-capping him to stay in back)
    8) Loki (same as above)

Bullseye's tricky to use, but once he gets going the team's unstoppable. Leave him at 5/5/3, pair him up with a passive special tile generator (I like using him with Cage) and you can be guaranteed of a regular outlet for his purple. On normal matches the effect isnt that great as he can only generate 2 sets of strikes per match, but on waves he's a total beast. I always strive to keep him as my highest leveled character and pair him up so he tanks as much as possible (my favourite TBE team is him + Cage + Panther for Bullseye tanking 3 colours plus teamups, passive special tile and AOE wipe on the last wave)

I myself had a mission to champ up every single one of my 3*s before officially starting on my 4*s, and with the new ones that hasn't changed. Just lack the covers for Thanos, but once I get my RHulk champed up I'm bringing Thanos up to his cap immediately.
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Falcon is missing in the poll!

I still haven't champed: Falcon, Sentry and DocOck.
    Also Ragnarok was waiting about a year but has been finally champed.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,790 Chairperson of the Boards
    Swore I wasn't going to champ them all but dumped 700k into the last 7 I needed to do in december. I probably wouldn't have if I could get 13 damn covers on a 4 star but the iso was building up past my savings for 4 stars so thought what the hell.

I too love using BE in BigE but I use him with falc and Strange. Usually take little damage and start wave 4 with nothing but buffed strike tiles all over the board.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gotta champ them all! icon_e_biggrin.gif

I refused to max Sentry in principle when Sentry-bombing was THE thing, but I'm sure my principles wouldn't stand up to the prospect of champ loot. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Champed them all. Don't regret it.

If you have the HP for the slots, 3* covers are just too common to waste by not champing.
  • JFisch
    JFisch Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    At some point I plan to champion all of them for PVP benefits, but at the moment my answer was Colossus and Doc Ock. Both of those (along with Storm, Bullseye, Gamora, and Squirrel Girl) are at the end of the list of folks to champion.

Which is why they're still not championed. Everyone else (save Strange and Thanos who came later) got champed before I had too many 4*s in need of immediate attention.