Waiting for Support responses...

Options
2»

Comments

• gulgoth
    gulgoth Posts: 73
    Options
    My reply asked for some additional clarifications:
    (will) unlocking potentially new cards or crystals (in the new account) be lost again when overwritten by my original account settings?

Are you also able to confirm what my amalgamated profile will contain? What will be my screen name, my old one or my new one? Am i still in my coalition? Can they kick a locked account? What about the rewards my coalition earned whilst I have been locked out of the game?

My ticket advanced, with some good news and some bad:
    Due to the nature of our restore process, you will retain everything about your previous account, as essentially it *is* your previous account. Username, coalition stats, all of that will remain. Unfortunately if you are unable to play and do not earn rewards while signed in to your account then no such rewards will be issues, nor are we able to provide compensation for such issues.

So i don't appear to have been kicked from my coalition, which is good. But as I feared, any cards and currency i may have received with creating a new account will be overwritten instead of merged by the restore. Thank goodness that I waited before wasting my time and money, ie NOT purchasing anything was the right call.

I hope others find this information useful.

Honestly that's common sense. Why would they give your old account stuff from a new one. If they did that you could just create a bunch of accounts until you got something you want then try to get it merged.

They definitely do not believe in compensating people for account issues which i disagree with but there's nothing you can do about that. You'd think they would at least give you login rewards you missed but nope.
  • Reaganstorme
    Reaganstorme Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    ZW2007- wrote:
    At least I haven't spent actual money on this game for a long time.
    If you've spent any amount of money on this game, I recommend you contact Google or Apple for a refund.
    I have spent money, as I was prepared to invest in the game to support it. As I've never not received what I paid for, I'm not going to seek a refund. If they were unable to help me, then I would for sure.
    Sorin81 wrote:
    All these posts about cheaters, and my account is still locked out.

Can't say I want to abandon this game, but seriously its looking more likely by the day.

I completely agree. I enjoy the game and have spent countless hours getting to the point I am in the game. While I hate to just quit, I'm not about to start from scratch just because customer support is lacking.

Honestly, every problem I've had has been resolved... eventually. If i could suggest any change to their structure is to assign tickets to one person for resolution for the duration, not leaving them to sit in a FIFO pool, so that customers can contact someone for clarifications or to provide further info without dropping to the bottom of the pile again. And not to have to provide the same information again unnecessarily.

Perhaps there isn't enough staff for that idea though.
    madwren wrote:
    Congratulations on the account restore!
    Thankyou, BUT... Still waiting for that right now. They have told me my original issue will be resolved too, a missing coalition reward.
    gulgoth wrote:
    Honestly that's common sense. Why would they give your old account stuff from a new one. If they did that you could just create a bunch of accounts until you got something you want then try to get it merged.

They definitely do not believe in compensating people for account issues which i disagree with but there's nothing you can do about that. You'd think they would at least give you login rewards you missed but nope.

Good points. I was so looking forward to unlocking TODO this month.
  • Sorin81
    Sorin81 Posts: 545 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My wait is finally over. My account has been restored and I'm back in the game.
    gulgoth wrote:

While I did miss out on all the daily log in rewards and free boosters for the duration of my issue, I have been compensated for something
    While we are unable to alter the Daily Login Reward Calendar, we have provided your account with three weeks lockout compensation (180 Mana Crystals) as per our policy.

At least it's something. But Reaganstorme is right on the money.

Good points. I was so looking forward to unlocking TODO this month.
  • Reaganstorme
    Options
    Sorin81 wrote:
    My wait is finally over. My account has been restored and I'm back in the game.

Congratulations!

Hopefully I'm not too far behind you.
  • Sorin81
    Options
    I sympathize with you Reaganstorme. Hope they get your account unlocked soon. If they ever do get a true PvP I look forward to the chance to challenge you.
  • Reaganstorme
    Options
    madwren wrote:
    Congratulations on the account restore!

You jinx'd me...

I'm still waiting.

icon_razz.gif
  • ZW2007-
    ZW2007- Posts: 812 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Unfortunately if you are unable to play and do not earn rewards while signed in to your account then no such rewards will be issues, nor are we able to provide compensation for such issues.
    This is exactly what infuriates me about "Customer Support". Since you were unable to sign in, because they locked your account, you can't get those rewards. They are not able to provide compensation? Why not? Because they physically lack the capability to add those items to your account? No, because they are too stingy to provide you with things that you would have earned anyway had they not locked you out of your account. They fail to see the irony here in that it is their fault you missed these rewards and therefore they should provide them to you.
    Sorin81 wrote:
    While we are unable to alter the Daily Login Reward Calendar, we have provided your account with three weeks lockout compensation (180 Mana Crystals) as per our policy.
    And here is further evidence of their stinginess. 180 crystals for three weeks of being locked out? You can earn that many crystals just for logging into your account every day and collecting the daily reward for 28 days. Not to mention the Fat Pack and Booster Packs you would have received as well. Not to mention the progression rewards from all the events you missed out on. It's a joke, they treat their customers horribly and seem to expect us to thank them for it.
    ZW2007- wrote:
    At least I haven't spent actual money on this game for a long time.
    If you've spent any amount of money on this game, I recommend you contact Google or Apple for a refund.
    I have spent money, as I was prepared to invest in the game to support it. As I've never not received what I paid for, I'm not going to seek a refund. If they were unable to help me, then I would for sure.
    As far as I'm concerned, you haven't received what you paid for but if you are okay with that, then that's fine. I just think they get away with way too much.
  • Sorin81
    Options
    ZW2007- wrote:
    As far as I'm concerned, you haven't received what you paid for but if you are okay with that, then that's fine. I just think they get away with way too much.

I completely agree. It is an outrage. Fortunately I have not spent any money on this game. I'm not a pay to win type of person. I have been tempted but I'd rather earn what I get.
  • Volrak
    Volrak Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The compensation does seem perhaps a little low. But it absolutely can't be equal to, or close to, the rewards you would have gotten by playing all events as per your normal ability during the time you were locked out.

Why? Because then the optimal way for everybody to "play" the game (rewards-wise) would be to figure out a way to lock themselves out of their own account. The choice would be between playing the game for rewards, or breaking your own account and not having to invest any time or effort at all for the same rewards. Not the greatest thing for the health of the game (not to mention queue length at Support).
  • buscemi
    buscemi Posts: 673 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Volrak wrote:
    The compensation does seem perhaps a little low. But it absolutely can't be equal to, or close to, the rewards you would have gotten by playing all events as per your normal ability during the time you were locked out.

Why? Because then the optimal way for everybody to "play" the game (rewards-wise) would be to figure out a way to lock themselves out of their own account. The choice would be between playing the game for rewards, or breaking your own account and not having to invest any time or effort at all for the same rewards.

Dealing with customer support takes a huge amount of time and effort.
  • Volrak
    Volrak Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Hmm, you do have a point.
  • Reaganstorme
    Options
    And yet I'm still waiting. Today is Saturday for me which means that unless I hear from them today I'll have to wait at least until Tues or Wed my time for another response.

I have been locked out now for 5 weeks.

All I can think is that there must be a LOT of problems Support has to deal with to only get back to me one week or more after my emails hit the top of the queue.

Sigh...
  • Sorin81
    Options
    And yet I'm still waiting. Today is Saturday for me which means that unless I hear from them today I'll have to wait at least until Tues or Wed my time for another response.

I have been locked out now for 5 weeks.

I truly admire your patience.
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,936 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Glad I have an alt account to work on in case something like this ever happens to me
  • Reaganstorme
    Options
    As of today my account has been restored.

Now to discuss compensation with them...
  • Sorin81
    Options
    Good to hear it! Welcome back to the game.

Sorry to say it but I don't believe you'll get much out of them. Hope you get more out of them than I did.

Congrats.
  • Reaganstorme
    Options
    Sorin81 wrote:
    Good to hear it! Welcome back to the game.

Sorry to say it but I don't believe you'll get much out of them. Hope you get more out of them than I did.

Congrats.

My coalition is so happy to have me back too. I missed playing, for sure.

EDIT
    Compensation credited:

Your account has been credited:

x1 KLD Set Rare Card
    x1 BFZ Set Booster Pack
    30 Mana Crystals

Seriously.
  • buscemi
    Options
    Ok here's a good one.

buscemi wrote:
    Feb 2, 03:31 PST

Just bought a big box of Shadows over innistrad, new in the shop today (2/2/17, didn't see my guaranteed card come up. Counted all my cards on the 'Your New Card(s)' screen just to make sure I'd not missed it.... 70 cards, which is 14 boosters of 5 cards each.

Greetings D3 Go! Customer,

Thank you for contacting D3 Go! Customer Support.

We would be happy to clarify the bonus earned for purchasing the Big Box booster within the game.

To clarify, the bonus does not guarantee that each booster pack from the Big Box booster will contain a rare or better card. Instead, the Big Box booster will give the player x1 Rare or Mythic card for making the purchase, along with the 14 Booster Packs that are provided for the purchase. Please keep in mind that there is no guarantee to obtain Rare or Mythic cards from opening Booster Packs, and there is no guarantee you will earn the color of card that can be used by your favorite Planeswalker. For better or for worse, the cards inside each Booster Pack are completely random. The only guarantee Rare or Mythic card you receive is the bonus card for making the purchase.

If you believe you have not received the bonus card for making this purchase, please be sure to inform us of the issue. Additionally, please include your account's UID and Username. If you are unsure of where to collect this information, your Username and account UID can be found by opening the Settings menu within the game. Afterwards, we will investigate your account to see if the appropriate rewards have been accredited to your account.

We hope that this information was helpful to clarifying the issue that you have experienced. Please let us know if you require any further information regarding this or other questions you may have about the game.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us again.

Best Regards,
    D3 Go! Customer Support Team (KHY)
  • buscemi
    Options
    Is there a system in place for making formal complaints about the Customer Support procedure?
  • Magog
    Magog Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Options
    That's hilarious.

I'm starting to wonder if the first round of CS is actually a bot. The number of times I've provided information, only to be asked for it again in the follow-up email...

As for making a formal complaint about it, I'm fairly sure you need to complain to Customer Support icon_rolleyes.gif