Aetherworks Marvel - Opponent Mana Gain [Devs Aware - Info Needed]

Options
2»

Comments

• Eligius
    Eligius Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I am starting to wonder whether Aetherworks Marvel is the culprit. I just had this happen again to me on node 3.2 of RatC. My opponent did not have Aetherworks Marvel out on the field, but still after I got a good cascade I saw mana going into my opponents hand and its Dynavolt Tower was triggered to deal 5 damage to me. My opponent did have Aetherworks Marvel in its hand though, since the next turn it immediately played it (being filled with mana because of my cascade). Other supports I had on the field were Thopter Spy Network and Metallurgic Summonings, my opponent had a Planar Bridge and Dynavolt Tower on the field.
  • Machine
    Machine Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Options

Why isn't this issue fixed yet? I lost against Tezz 3.3 because he played Aetherworks Marvel and my gem matches ended up charging his cards.

• Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Happened to me also a couple of times. Not funny.
  • hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Eligius said:
    I am starting to wonder whether Aetherworks Marvel is the culprit. I just had this happen again to me on node 3.2 of RatC. My opponent did not have Aetherworks Marvel out on the field, but still after I got a good cascade I saw mana going into my opponents hand and its Dynavolt Tower was triggered to deal 5 damage to me. My opponent did have Aetherworks Marvel in its hand though, since the next turn it immediately played it (being filled with mana because of my cascade). Other supports I had on the field were Thopter Spy Network and Metallurgic Summonings, my opponent had a Planar Bridge and Dynavolt Tower on the field.

maybe the problem lies in something like gonti heart
    stopping the process of handing the turn correctly over
    to the player.

HH
  • Lagartha
    Lagartha Posts: 186 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm thinking is a problem with overload in general. What gets me though, is it doesn't always happen. I have plenty of matches where I get overload 3, the opponent DOES have Aetherworks Marvel out, and nothing happens. 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    There is an open and active bug report for this issue, but it seems to be an inconsistent reproduction, which is supported by the comments in this thread.

Are players noticing it more when AM is in the opponent's hand? On the field? Also, is this only occurring in events and not pvp?
  • Machine
    Options
    Brigby said:
    There is an open and active bug report for this issue, but it seems to be an inconsistent reproduction, which is supported by the comments in this thread.

Are players noticing it more when AM is in the opponent's hand? On the field? Also, is this only occurring in events and not pvp?
    I can only support Lagartha's post in that it doesn't always charge my opponent's cards when my opponent's AM is on the board. Hawkyh1 may also have a valid point. However, I can't recall if Tezz also had GAH out on the field. I do remember the frustration of losing to a bug :-)
  • hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I've had my first encounter with the bug today. from
    memory tezz node 3.3 had 2 supports in play,
    aetherworks marvel and dynavolt tower. I had
    aether hub. my matches did not charge my cards or
    my opponents cards. I got no loyalty from matches.
    my opponent got a free charged card, I presume from
    triggering aetherworks marvel. this happened for 2-3
    rounds (can't remember exactly which). my opponents
    dynavolt is triggered and deals me 5 damage on each
    of my energised matches. I forgot to check the battle
    log.

HH
  • stikxs
    stikxs Posts: 518 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Just ran into this in the last match of RatC. It didn't happen until my final turn that fortunately didn't depend on what I did. The opponent did have AM and DT on the board (and GAH was cast at some point but I don't know if it was still around), and luckily all the triggers of DT against me on my own turn didn't kill me. I don't have video of the match but I did get a video of the battle log for my last turn that worked normally, the opponents next turn, and then my final turn that borked. https://youtu.be/G86jzDaMQ2w
  • Brigby
    Options
    Thanks for the video of your battle log, @stikxs ! I'll pass that along to the developers, and hopefully they can utilize it to produce some reliable reproduction steps.
  • BUgsySA
    BUgsySA Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Options
    I know its a bit of a necro, but has there been any progress on this one?  Just saw the same thing happening multiple times in the Torrential Gearhulk node on Fateful Showdown. 
  • Lagartha
    Lagartha Posts: 186 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I am assuming this bug is just another thing being put on the shelf to collect dust, but as an update, I just had a new version of this bug occur. 

I was playing against Ulamog, the Ceaseless to test out my Sorin pony deck and the opponent had Sire of Stagnation on the board. I got a landfall and Sire's ability triggered, as it's supposed to, but all of my mana gains went into the opponents hand instead of mine. 
  • octal9
    octal9 Posts: 593 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Lagartha said:
    I am assuming this bug is just another thing being put on the shelf to collect dust, but as an update, I just had a new version of this bug occur. 

I was playing against Ulamog, the Ceaseless to test out my Sorin pony deck and the opponent had Sire of Stagnation on the board. I got a landfall and Sire's ability triggered, as it's supposed to, but all of my mana gains went into the opponents hand instead of mine. 

Now that is an interesting result. I'm going to try to play around with this to see what I can find. 
  • Machine
    Options
    Lagartha said:

So this bug might not even be related to Aetherwork Marvel then? Anyway, I had the same "Aetherworks Marvel bug" happen against last Fateful Showdown event when it was on the board. My mana gains went to the opponent's cards in hand.
  • octal9
    octal9 Posts: 593 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2019
    Options
    @Brigby the game is attributing gem "ownership" when a gem is modified via Energize or Ingest. If the player creates a match entirely composed of energized or voided gems that were created by the AI, the resulting effects go to the AI, not the player.

I've no idea. This bug is beyond what I can do without a proper debug setup!
  • Brigby
    Options
    @octal9
    Hmm interesting. I'll definitely pass that along to the team, so they can review those reproduction steps. Thanks!
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sorry for digging up such a long dead thread @Brigby
    But this bug is back again, this time with the adapt mechanic.

On my side of the board :
    Either Benthic Biomancer or Biomancers Familiar + Biovisionary

When Greg started his turn, he matched gems that led to a cascade. The cascade matched an adapt gem from Biovisionary. His ability triggered (+1/+1 +create a copy) and I was credited with the mana from the matches as well. Then, the cascade continued and Greg was credited with the rest of the mana