The List: Most Wanted New Characters

Options

Comments

• Zifna wrote:
    Thanos wrote:
    Surprised Cyclops was ranked this highly, didn't realize he was so popular. Wish i would've voted, Thanos would be top ten if i had. icon_redface.gif

Yeah, Cyclops is such a dweeb.

I'm surprised not to see Professor X near the top.

That said, this is a pretty limited sample size (no bad feelings to OP; he/she did their best, and this is interesting!). It'd be cool to see D3 ask this question in-game somehow and show the results.

He**. Yeah I tried to encourage voting but there's only so much u can do without being annoying. Haha. Still figured with a limited sample it still shows more data than just people going "I want this guy" and "I hope they add her" with no accumulated results or anything.

I'll probably try to do another extensive poll of some sort next month after my college classes end maybe. Maybe more people will be encouraged to vote!
  • That list is spectacular. A blessing and a curse though... The higher on the list - the more difficult to obtain they will be. Getting deadpool fully covered is going to be the ultimate money sink. I do love that gambit and night crawler made the list. I expected jean grey/Phoenix to be higher on the list.
  • That list is spectacular. A blessing and a curse though... The higher on the list - the more difficult to obtain they will be. Getting deadpool fully covered is going to be the ultimate money sink. I do love that gambit and night crawler made the list. I expected jean grey/Phoenix to be higher on the list.

Appreciated panda! Congrats on getting mod status btw. I was also surprised gambit and nightcrawler both received such overwhelming support even though I love both of them. I expected jean to be a top 3 as well but she still received a respectable rank. I mean who could deny the awesomeness of Phoenix? For serious?

Hey Ice, completely unrelated to anything going on at D3 and completely not business related. All professional **** aside. Myself and a lot of others I'm sure would love to hear your top 8, even though voting has closed, so in this case, your vote sir, doesn't count for ****, unless paired with the giggles.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    Hey Ice, completely unrelated to anything going on at D3 and completely not business related. All professional **** aside. Myself and a lot of others I'm sure would love to hear your top 8, even though voting has closed, so in this case, your vote sir, doesn't count for ****, unless paired with the giggles.
    1 - Howard the Duck. For realsies.
    2 - Onslaught
    3 - Jubilee, preferably pre-vampire
    4 - Monica Rambeau (Nextwave). She lead the Avengers once you know.
    5 - Nick Fury Sr.
    6 - Fin! Fang! Foom!
    7 - Dum Dum Dugan
    8 - Rogue
    Honorable mention - Stilt-Man. Just to see him wreck someone at level 230. It would be glorious.

I tend to like either the comedic stuff Marvel does (What The?! was the best thing ever) or the more realistic, hence Nick Fury and Dum Dum. I also have a soft spot for Jubilee and I can't figure out why.
  • IceIX wrote:
    1 - Howard the Duck. For realsies.
    2 - Onslaught
    4 - Monica Rambeau (Nextwave). She lead the Avengers once you know.
    5 - Nick Fury Sr.
    6 - Fin! Fang! Foom!
    7 - Dum Dum Dugan
    8 - Rogue
    Honorable mention - Stilt-Man. Just to see him wreck someone at level 230. It would be glorious.

I tend to like either the comedic stuff Marvel does (What The?! was the best thing ever) or the more realistic, hence Nick Fury and Dum Dum. I also have a soft spot for Jubilee and I can't figure out why.

Jubilee is a pretty cool cover. I think I personally lean towards the more ninja like characters. IE batman is my fav ever. Nightcrawler/ Deadpool etc etc. then people who would be super cool in game. Rogue / mystique etc etc.

Thanks a lot got sharing!
  • I think I'm the only one who voted for Blink. Which is a shame. Blink's awesome.
  • IceIX wrote:
    2 - Onslaught

It didn't even occur to me until just now, but where is Cable? How can I have my 90's nostalgia embossed holofoil team without Cable?!?!?
  • j12601 wrote:
    I think I'm the only one who voted for Blink. Which is a shame. Blink's awesome.

You sir, actually are not the only one. Blink received 2 votes, worth 8 and 4 points. 12 points in total.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That list is spectacular. A blessing and a curse though... The higher on the list - the more difficult to obtain they will be. Getting deadpool fully covered is going to be the ultimate money sink. I do love that gambit and night crawler made the list. I expected jean grey/Phoenix to be higher on the list.

Naw, Deadpool will be a common 1*. He also knows he's part of a computer game. Once you get the first Deadpool cover, he'll arrange so that all tokens give you Deadpool covers. Also, he won't let you sell him, since he's your bud and that would be rude. He has lots of different covers, though -- once you fill in one Deadpool roster slot, he'll sell off whichever character he likes least and start filling up that one, too. Don't worry about the ISO, he leveled himself up with the earnings from selling your highest level character.

He'll actually be pretty good in missions, except that you'll need to pay to use him, every single time. Hey, he's a mercenary! He'll sometimes move for you, and sometimes cover the screen with thought bubbles to keep you amused. If you don't move fast enough, he'll see if the opposing team offers him more for his services.

Once he's taken up five character slots with five different Deadpool covers, he'll start ordering mexican food for you online, and he'll send his crazy thoughts of the hour to all your friends, family, and coworkers.
  • IceIX wrote:

Honestly, if this doesn't show up as an anniversity character at some point someone is not doing the job right.
  • Zifna
    Zifna Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    Options

I'll probably try to do another extensive poll of some sort next month after my college classes end maybe. Maybe more people will be encouraged to vote!

That's a good call! I'll try to participate. icon_e_smile.gif I think I missed it this time around.
  • gamar wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    2 - Onslaught

It didn't even occur to me until just now, but where is Cable? How can I have my 90's nostalgia embossed holofoil team without Cable?!?!?
    I was the only one who voted for Cable. :sad face:
  • Wouldn't onsloght and apocalypse have to be like 5 star characters, maybe galactus too.
    They'd have 1 move for one of each color, it's effect is simple, "you win"
  • j12601 wrote:
    I think I'm the only one who voted for Blink. Which is a shame. Blink's awesome.

You sir, actually are not the only one. Blink received 2 votes, worth 8 and 4 points. 12 points in total.
    Oh hello, I voted for Blink too!

I would have preferred the Stepford Cuckoos (as 1 character) because they're 3-in-1 but I guess that was a bit too literal, eh.
  • Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 804 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Shamusyeah wrote:
    Wouldn't onsloght and apocalypse have to be like 5 star characters, maybe galactus too.

didn't vote but would love a 5* villain like Galactus or the others you named as five-color monsters with ridiculous rarity and level cap to go with it. To be fair it would waste a lot of the devs time making a character that five players would have but I do like to dream from time to time.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The long-long-future 5* Iron Patriot won't unbalance the game.

To win him, an alliance has to place #1 in a major event, and gets just one cover for one commander. The alliance needs to do that 13 times, and then spend 10 million ISO on him to get him up to level 900.

That will be the best time to nerf Iron Patriot, of course.
  • Oh my, did you just accidentally suggest raid events.

Allow alliances to earn 5* covers that are then available for use only during specific events against insane odds. Each Alliance only has one but it can be used in the event by any member, all members can pour iso into it to level it up, and the alliance has to earn new covers as a team.

*Head explodes*
  • Wow there was no sentry, ultron, Mr fantastic, or hank pym
  • Shamusyeah wrote:
    Wouldn't onsloght and apocalypse have to be like 5 star characters, maybe galactus too.

didn't vote but would love a 5* villain like Galactus or the others you named as five-color monsters with ridiculous rarity and level cap to go with it. To be fair it would waste a lot of the devs time making a character that five players would have but I do like to dream from time to time.

I think first we need bosses like Galactus or Thanos or Onslaught. Bosses are a chief component of game design and I don't care if I can't control mighty Galactus if I can at least defeat him.

Also, the remaining illuminati need to be in game.
  • Nice to see Scarlet Witch, Emma Frost, Ms Marvel, Moon Knight, and Thanos on the list. I would love to see a lot of those guys, but if theyre going by the Dark Reign storyline then I think only Emma, Ms Marvel, and Moon Knight would fall into the Dark Reign category. Some must-haves for the entire arc would definitely be

Iron Patriot (duh)
    Sentry
    Namor (Him and Emma would fill out the rest of the Cabal roster)
    Luke Cage (Im not his biggest fan but... he did lead the new avengers)
    Madame Masque
    Taskmaster

Other then those few there arent too many other people that were incredibly pivotal during Dark Reign... Osborne's Thunderbolts and Hank Pym's Might Avengers MAYBE... but I think they should really work on wrapping up the Dark Reign arc and getting on with stuff like Sjege, The Heroic Age, Fear Itself, A v X, Age of Ultron, and Infinity, where theres a lot more character potential