The List: Most Wanted New Characters

Options

Comments

• kalex716
    kalex716 Posts: 184
    Options
    More than likely, they have a huge library of characters already made in terms of design that they play test with internally.

After considerable balance passes, and final art gets made/approved, they probably end up in a schedule that goes through licensing that has them lined up for weeks into the future.
  • Knyghtmare
    Options
    Chops wrote:
    I'd love to see a lot of these. But based on current line-up, and how licensing works, I wouldn't be surprised if they were limited to characters that are directly involved in Dark Reign storyline, or versions of them. So far, everyone that has appeared in game also appeared in the Dark Reign arc, so a few of these are probably not gonna happen (assuming I'm right). Deadpool should certainly be showing up though. Both of him. icon_razz.gif

Actually, Juggernaut was not part of Dark Reign, and neither was Invisible Woman, so they are straying from the characters somewhat.
  • Puritas wrote:
    I'm kinda surprised moon knight is so low XD
    That's the only character on this list that I don't know. Is it a new(er) Marvel character?

Looks like I picked right choice for my April Fool's Day post: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5638
  • Puritas
    Puritas Posts: 670 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Puritas wrote:
    That's the only character on this list that I don't know. Is it a new(er) Marvel character?

Looks like I picked right choice for my April Fool's Day post: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5638

No he's one of those characters that's been around since the 70s, but never caught on except for a tiny but loyal cult following.
  • Puritas wrote:

Moon knight has had a comic around at least 30 years, it think the wiki says 40 from his first appearance.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hrmmm, no Dormammu. Disconcerting.
  • Dormammu wrote:

You scores 2 points buddy. Maybe next year if you practice!
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No Iron Fist?

I hate everyone.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    Dormammu wrote:
    Game design issue. We're deathly afraid of putting Dormammu in the game then having people pull out the pitchforks and torches when they see The Hood gain Dormammu's Aid after Dormammu has been knocked out while being on the same team. /kidding
  • No Iron Fist?

I hate everyone.

16 points. Close but no cookie.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Dormammu wrote:
    Game design issue. We're deathly afraid of putting Dormammu in the game then having people pull out the pitchforks and torches when they see The Hood gain Dormammu's Aid after Dormammu has been knocked out while being on the same team. /kidding

Lmao.
  • Hey Ice, I just thought of a vague piece if info you might be able to let slip. I know y'all's plans go out for months and months. Of the top 27 how many are already initialized or whatever you might call it. In design? I figure you guys got at least 10 in the works so I would imagine it's within reason to assume there's 5 already from the list.
  • IceIX
    Options
    Hey Ice, I just thought of a vague piece if info you might be able to let slip. I know y'all's plans go out for months and months. Of the top 27 how many are already initialized or whatever you might call it. In design? I figure you guys got at least 10 in the works so I would imagine it's within reason to assume there's 5 already from the list.
    Fairly safe assumption, yes. Not gong to give numbers but there are multiple characters that are listed here that are on the short list for development. That being said, we've ditched or shelved designs for story purposes before, so even if we did art for a given character or a bit of design they may not make it all the way through.
  • One would thinks that these would be on the Um DUH list.

The Thing
    Emma Frost
    Green Goblin
    Namor
    Deadpool

Also IceIX has also name dropped colossus before but it's entirely possible that he could be one of the characters that got shelved for various reasons.
    It'll be interesting to see what they have in mind beyond these obvious ones + Mister Fantastic since obv we will eventually get all 4 of the Fantastic 4.

Anyhow thank you Psykopathic for putting the time into this and thanks you IceIX for giving some insight icon_e_smile.gif
  • IceIX
    Options
    MTGOFerret wrote:
    One would thinks that these would be on the Um DUH list.

The Thing
    Emma Frost
    Green Goblin
    Namor
    Deadpool

Also IceIX has also name dropped colossus before but it's entirely possible that he could be one of the characters that got shelved for various reasons.
    It'll be interesting to see what they have in mind beyond these obvious ones + Mister Fantastic since obv we will eventually get all 4 of the Fantastic 4.

Anyhow thank you Psykopathic for putting the time into this and thanks you IceIX for giving some insight icon_e_smile.gif
    ::Totallynotanannouncement::I was surprised to see Green Goblin on the list and not Norman Iron Patriot given that we're running Dark Reign and Norman suited up in the armor for much of that.
  • IceIX wrote:
    MTGOFerret wrote:

The Thing
    Emma Frost
    Green Goblin
    Namor
    Deadpool

::Totallynotanannouncement::I was surprised to see Green Goblin on the list and not Norman Iron Patriot given that we're running Dark Reign and Norman suited up in the armor for much of that.

SoB totally caught me there, Yeah i just tossed the list together really fast and will admit i haven't actually read the comics
  • MTGOFerret wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    MTGOFerret wrote:

The Thing
    Emma Frost
    Green Goblin
    Namor
    Deadpool

SoB totally caught me there, Yeah i just tossed the list together really fast and will admit i haven't actually read the comics

Therefore not making them the obvious. Hehe. I'm typically how about any new character but there's no telling what these sneaky's have in mind for us. Haha
  • Therefore not making them the obvious. Hehe. I'm typically how about any new character but there's no telling what these sneaky's have in mind for us. Haha

Infairness I have done a bit of research on the wiki everynow and then and these names all came up a few times. But yeah :p
  • Zifna
    Zifna Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Thanos wrote:
    Surprised Cyclops was ranked this highly, didn't realize he was so popular. Wish i would've voted, Thanos would be top ten if i had. icon_redface.gif

Yeah, Cyclops is such a dweeb.

I'm surprised not to see Professor X near the top.

That said, this is a pretty limited sample size (no bad feelings to OP; he/she did their best, and this is interesting!). It'd be cool to see D3 ask this question in-game somehow and show the results.
  • Copps
    Copps Posts: 333 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I just figured iron patriot would be the first 4 star villain since he is the antagonist of the whole dark reign story line.