Fix Muscle damage

Uthgarprime
Uthgarprime Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
edited January 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Muscle goons are the laziest programming ever. Hey we want to make a node hard, slam in a muscle, if his powers don't go off, we will have him power hood too. Other then ultron sentries Muscles are the most broken goon in this game. if you get a bad board and 2 of their strike tiles count downs go off, you lose 75% of the time if they have board movers. That is so unfair. But I am guessing the D3 is proud of them since they love player misery.

Comments

• Yoik
    Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    I blame the government
  • Mechahamster
    Mechahamster Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    *standard forum response*

Just use *fully covered 4 star or 5 star*
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Peggy Carter and/or Strang3 work wonders for me

I did the Juggernaut/2 Muscle node with Nova, Strang3 and Starlord
  • shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    3 strange, loki, iron fist. iron fist purple to loki black. steal and switch those protect tiles

3 strange, cage, iron fist. punch them in the face

use broken black widow to steal ap and delay those countdowns?
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I pulled through with oml/4cyc/x23, and also oml/profx/switch.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    *standard forum response*

Just use *fully covered 4 star or 5 star*

And yet, my Cyclops lost half health during a single fight simply becuse the board had scattershot yellows and blues that couldn't be matched, meaning countdowns and strike tiles kept piling up with no way to remove them.
  • Bloody_Marvel
    Bloody_Marvel Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    Use Steve Rogers (Super Soldier) and Iron Man (Model 40) against Muscles. You can stun the Muscles while targeting their CD tiles.
  • Mechahamster
    Mechahamster Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Of course. Advice like 'just use Loki' should be 'just use Loki and pray you get enough black before the board is flooded with strength 900 strike tiles and they get a cascade'

Extra fun if the Hood is also in there.

Muscles are overtuned. There's no argument against it, their health is massive, their strike tiles gigantic causing just one tommy gun to mean eating 3 health packs, and their powers are too cheap.
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    yea their power is out of control. With IM40 being a little broken, it really makes board control tough... and eventually they get to a high enough level that you can't use Strang3 because his yellow only does around 1700. If they have 9000 health each, it becomes nasty. I also love when they have a Hitman with them. Now, his yellow removes other yellow and blue tiles... so you never have a chance at matching the muscle CD tiles away.
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    Muscle goons are overtuned and obnoxius but the last two events I've been mostly able to ignore them.

Elektra tossing out a Double Double Cross right after a Muscle goon puts out two strike tiles turns into an "I win" situation.

For the first sub of Rocket and Groot instead of my championed and boosted Cyclops and X23 I used Nova, Starlord, Dr Strange (3 star) for all of the nodes that did not have an essential character. Yes I have all three of them championed and that's not an option for everyone but this team wrecks goons even though none of them are boosted this week. Besides Strange's passive nuking someone every time they place a cooldown you have Strange's stun, Nova's airborne and Starlord's placeable countdown tiles to control the situation.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    I see it's the annual rocket and groot I hate muscle thread. Good times.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    It wouldn't be so bad if IM40 wasn't broken.. every time I tried to reach 8 Yellow, Hood kept stealing it until the Muscle strikes came crashing down. It also does not help that I cannot kill Hood with simple match damage because.. freaking 2* Bullseye's protect tiles. I'm leaving this node at 4 clears and I'm not looking back.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    I maxed ant man for the sole purpose of stealing those huge strike tiles. Working as intended.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dr. Strange is a godsend. Using him last night I did all 4 clears in record time and only used a single health pack.

Viva la Doctor Extraño
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    smkspy wrote:
    I see it's the annual rocket and groot I hate muscle thread. Good times.

The quarterly Enemy of the State "OMGWTFBBQ CALTROPS I H8 U" thread can't be far behind!
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    4cage 3strange and ??? Doesnt struggle too much. You can ignore the strikes because their cheap skills will not only flood the board with decent protect tiles (bonus if cage is in front he'll reduce those tiles to normal levels) but strange will toast them at the same time.

Bring a strike generator and it won't take long at all really. And you need zero AP...this is why cage was created
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    There are lots of 3* and 4* that counter Muscle well. Elektra, Antman, 3* Cap, and Loki are my favorites.

Or if you have boosted/champed 4's you can usually kill off either the goons or tile movers before it becomes a problem.

I kind of like these nodes, since they take a little more strategy than most.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Usually my Black Suit Spidey is enough to keep them in check, but with his purple power broken, the level 400+ Muscle strikes are still over 1250 each. This PvE is a lot harder than I remember it being.
  • Beastwood
    Beastwood Posts: 68 Match Maker
    This event i have been taking 2* mags and the new carol since i got yellow on her (not applicable to all i know) , power up blue, remove the 5 turn countdown, wipe the board, once i get one off i am usually cascading more than enough ap either purple to gen blue or straight blue, to get the iron hammer again... chuck in reds and strange in between to get rid of hood its not been as bad...

but yeah they are monstrous, its always a tense fight hoping you get something to deal with em quickly, 1 cascade when them tiles are out and you're really up against the wall.

I guess higher scaling i'd have to use elektra or Starlord and a Switch or something to gen purple quickly to remove or steal em but i am not at the 300 sorta levels yet
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    Even though there are plenty of counters to the Muscles, the fact remains they are still very broken.

The AP cost is too low (3 yellow AP, REALLY???) and they auto-generate it so they never run out and spam spam spam.

Either the cost of their powers need to be at least doubled or their strike tiles need to be cut in half.

They are just a health pack suck at this point, this change is overdue.