When does 4* Carol enter the token pool?

2»

Comments

• blargrx
    blargrx Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Someone should have looked at the calendar for ten seconds and realized this was incredibly poor timing.

a lot of things happen in this game that if they took "ten seconds" to look at it, we'd have a very different game
  • blargrx
    Vhailorx wrote:
    You think people whale 4*s with CP? The maximum covers you can get from a release is now 10 (5 from placement release pve, 3 from the pvp placement, and 2 prog rewards). But that number is only available to 2/1000 players. So even hardcore players are looking at 500 or more cp to buy out a character. That's crazy. Anyone who grinds that hard across 4 different events is dedicated to the game, and therefore knows that 5*s are the end game. How many such players give up 20-25 LTs just to buy out a single 4

Mine is 434 and i missed out on 2 more covers in the final seconds of her pvp by 12 points. I'm securely in 4 land and seriously considering whaling her last 2 covers with cp.

Yes I know 5* are the end game... I just hate everything about them right now. The rnjesus way we acquire them if we are lucky, the scaling, the lack of variety. I've been saving cp for 6 months and probably will be another 6 months until I reach 300 LT pulls
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Here's an awesome new character that is good enough to shake the meta up a little bit! Now wait 3-and-a-half weeks before you have a chance at more covers!

Someone should have looked at the calendar for ten seconds and realized this was incredibly poor timing.
    What would the alternatives be though?
    "Here's a mediocre new character that you will have mostly forgotten about when next season rolls around!"
    "We're not doing a new character release this week! Please play more anyway! Oh, and give us Money!"
    "Here's a new five-star/Three-star character combo!"

Those are the ones that come to mind at least. I don't mind waiting a Little while Before I can get more Carol covers.
  • Aweberman
    Aweberman Posts: 433 Mover and Shaker
    blargrx wrote:
    Vhailorx wrote:
    You think people whale 4*s with CP? The maximum covers you can get from a release is now 10 (5 from placement release pve, 3 from the pvp placement, and 2 prog rewards). But that number is only available to 2/1000 players. So even hardcore players are looking at 500 or more cp to buy out a character. That's crazy. Anyone who grinds that hard across 4 different events is dedicated to the game, and therefore knows that 5*s are the end game. How many such players give up 20-25 LTs just to buy out a single 4

Mine is 434 and i missed out on 2 more covers in the final seconds of her pvp by 12 points. I'm securely in 4 land and seriously considering whaling her last 2 covers with cp.

Yes I know 5* are the end game... I just hate everything about them right now. The rnjesus way we acquire them if we are lucky, the scaling, the lack of variety. I've been saving cp for 6 months and probably will be another 6 months until I reach 300 LT pulls
    I was fortunate enough to have a stash of HP left over from all the year-end sales, so I picked up a few covers in her PVE vault to bring me to 11 also. I had no trouble plunking down the 240 CP to champ her. Having the flexibility to rearrange her covers and use her while she's boosted these two weeks has been great. She's even joined my A team for the Shield Simulator (along with Jean and Peggy ... sorry IM40).

Giving up 12 classics or almost 10 latest LTs was tough, but on the other hand, it's only a couple weeks' worth of accumulation.
  • VizMantis
    VizMantis Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    I usually pull LTs as soon as I get them/can buy them, but I've managed to hold out the last few weeks and built up the tiniest of hoards. I'll likely not draw a single Carol with the number of pulls I've got coming to me, but still, its the new season, I've got ants in the pants, and I don't see her in the possible LT rewards list yet. Any idea how long into the season this usually takes?
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    VizMantis wrote:
    I usually pull LTs as soon as I get them/can buy them, but I've managed to hold out the last few weeks and built up the tiniest of hoards. I'll likely not draw a single Carol with the number of pulls I've got coming to me, but still, its the new season, I've got ants in the pants, and I don't see her in the possible LT rewards list yet. Any idea how long into the season this usually takes?
    Late Thursday when the season starts
  • VizMantis
    fmftint wrote:

Ohhh right, we're in off-season, not the new season yet, duh. icon_razz.gif
  • blargrx
    fmftint wrote:
    VizManti wrote:
    Any idea how long into the season this usually takes?

Was the answer I came to forum to find out.
  • VizMantis
    PorkBelly wrote:
    My assumption is that 4* Captain Marvel will only be added to tokens at the start of the next season

Your assumption is correct, she's in there now. Have at it folks!