Upcoming Amazon Price Adjustments (1/12/17)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited January 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Hey Everyone,

We wanted to give you advance notice that some price adjustments are coming in the near future for Amazon Appstore users. While players based in the US will not see any changes, players in other parts of the world may notice changes as adjustments are made to ensure regional and worldwide Amazon Appstore prices are aligned closer together.

You can see all of the upcoming changes below.

MPQ_Currency_Conversion_2017.png

The plan is for the new prices to start going into effect approximately 5 days from today.

Thank you.

UPDATE 10:15 PM PST 1/12/17: Sorry for the confusion, the info provided earlier was a bit incorrect. This change applies to Amazon Appstore purchases only.

Comments

• Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    What are crystals?
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Was this meant for Magic the Gathering PQ?
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    ISO looks like crystals. So crystals = ISO, right? Right? Looks like they thought we were getting a bargain. Now $100 gets you 3000 ISO! We'll look back at this age as the golden era of ISO purchases. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    laughing-like-a-king-homer-simpson.gif
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Crystals.....

Pins.....

Story Mode.....

Purple.......

*sigh. Oh the disconnect.
  • Brigby
    c595586b491836bb2135fb603c2f4e5997ce0e2f8e41c30a81af650f568eaff8.jpg

*I'll update that...
  • Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    Also when I originally saw this thread I was excited they might make iso cost cheaper. Nope!
  • Brigby
    Sorry about that little hiccup everyone. It should now display the correct exchange rate spreadsheet!
  • Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2017
    I was really excited of the idea 4* ISO costs going down, then I saw it was just foreigners getting the short end of the stick with purchases. Such a letdown.
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    Its unfortunate to see price increases but we can't just assume the business will always take a 'hit' for increased costs...even in a game where the purchased currency is created from nothing.

Brigby/D3: You should ask the decision makers why they continue to refuse any increase in the ISO values after 3 years of game changes.

The value that 78,000 ISO provided back when 3* tier was just starting out is nothing like the value that 78,000 ISO provides now. The fact that Deadpool Daily presumably awards players with 5000 ISO or roughly $8.00 worth of ISO on its own should be telling of how the game has changed. ISO purchases are treated as a bit of a gag among the community but in reality it's just a beginners trap for people who haven't taken any time to learn/read about the game.

I urge D3 to respect your player base enough to update store ISO values to a degree that feels at least somewhat satisfying.
    If $99.00 to fully champ a base level 2* was deemed 'acceptable' back when 3* reigned supreme....
    Then I see no reason why $99.99 to fully champ a base level 4* wouldn't be seen as 'acceptable' now that 5* reign supreme.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    On a purely selfish note, it's good to see that the New Zealand dollar isn't included in this one, when it was in the other. Which is kind of strange, since the Australian dollar is, and the NZD is worth slightly less than 1 AUD.

Of course it's not entirely impossible that the price in NZD will go up anyway, and it's just not been included in this announcement.
  • Chameleon
    Chameleon Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    babinro wrote:
    Its unfortunate to see price increases but we can't just assume the business will always take a 'hit' for increased costs...even in a game where the purchased currency is created from nothing.

Brigby/D3: You should ask the decision makers why they continue to refuse any increase in the ISO values after 3 years of game changes.

The value that 78,000 ISO provided back when 3* tier was just starting out is nothing like the value that 78,000 ISO provides now. The fact that Deadpool Daily presumably awards players with 5000 ISO or roughly $8.00 worth of ISO on its own should be telling of how the game has changed. ISO purchases are treated as a bit of a gag among the community but in reality it's just a beginners trap for people who haven't taken any time to learn/read about the game.

I urge D3 to respect your player base enough to update store ISO values to a degree that feels at least somewhat satisfying.
    If $99.00 to fully champ a base level 2* was deemed 'acceptable' back when 3* reigned supreme....
    Then I see no reason why $99.99 to fully champ a base level 4* wouldn't be seen as 'acceptable' now that 5* reign supreme.

Absolutely valid points! purpletile.pngicon_exclaim.gificon_exclaim.gif
  • killercool
    killercool Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Brigby wrote:
    Hey Everyone,

We wanted to give you advance notice that some price adjustments are coming in the near future. While players based in the US will not see any changes, players in other parts of the world may notice changes as adjustments are made to ensure regional and worldwide price alignments between iOS, Android and Steam.

The plan is for the new prices to start going into effect approximately 5 days from today.

Thank you.

These prices are way off being correct for AUD. Current Stark Salary is already $AUD159.99, rather than the listed current $AUD129.99. On the up side it is good to see that a Start Salary for us Aussies will be going down $AUD15 if the new prices are true icon_e_smile.gif
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    killercool wrote:
    These prices are way off being correct for AUD. Current Stark Salary is already $AUD159.99, rather than the listed current $AUD129.99. On the up side it is good to see that a Start Salary for us Aussies will be going down $AUD15 if the new prices are true icon_e_smile.gif

Really?!? A Stark Salary is "only" NZD 124.99. What a bargain.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    I seriously need to get some of the stuff that their bean counters are smoking.
  • Lytes420
    Lytes420 Posts: 63 Match Maker
    killercool wrote:
    Brigby wrote:
    Hey Everyone,

We wanted to give you advance notice that some price adjustments are coming in the near future. While players based in the US will not see any changes, players in other parts of the world may notice changes as adjustments are made to ensure regional and worldwide price alignments between iOS, Android and Steam.

Thank you.

Just echoing your comments killercool.here in Canada Asgard treasure is $69.99 and stark salary is $139.99.i'm likewise looking forward to that price drop.Brigby,you may want to get the proper figures for that spreadsheet.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    As long as people are buying them, ISO prices wouldn't go down. As it hasn't gone down in ages I assume people are actually still buying them.
  • killercool
    killercool Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    As long as people are buying them, ISO prices wouldn't go down. As it hasn't gone down in ages I assume people are actually still buying them.

I don't believe the ISO prices will ever go down, but I do see some potential to increase the ISO given at each of the price points some time in the future.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    99$ = 93€

So why does the Euro price need to rise to 109€ when we were already overpaying?

I blame Trump's Isolationist Policy seeping through the US based game industry already.
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    killercool wrote:

I might be missing something here, but a Stark is showing up as AUD129.99 here for me (via Google Play).