Just spent over 1,000 CP, still no usable 4*

2»

Comments

• Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dilution is a big problem in general in this game, but people need patience.

Also, not rostering all the 4s you pulled is a very bad practice, you should have stopped opening tokens when you had no more HP.
    supbullcoc wrote:
    i rarely spend cp on tokens for this reason.

ex.
    currently have a miles and a Cool hulk cover in que, and i cant use them. but im also only 1 cover each from being able to champ them. and at 120CP to get the color that i need in order to champ them? well i have plenty of CP and ISO for that.

so for that reason, CP is best spent on buying the needed covers

PS
    I have 12 OML covers, and 6 of them have been purchased
    #gottagrind

Wooooow that is some seriously bad spend CP ! 4320 CP for 6 OML covers?????? That's 216 pulls of classic or 172 of Latest!!! You could have probably champed at least one 5 from latest, but probably more than one!!! Instead you just bought 6 OML covers. And that is without considering the ton of 4 covers and champion levels you lost!!! Of course you need to buy covers, because you don't use your CP right! With so many pulls wasted, you would probably had maxed all those chars that you mention and that now you need to buy covers for. And what it is worse, what are you going to do to champ your second 5?

Seriously, buying covers in this game is SUPER EXPENSIVE. The general rule is YOU SHOULD ONLY BUY the 12th or 13th cover of a char!!!! NEVER EVER buy 13 covers with CP!!!!

Someone might consider buying some more covers for someone like Iceman or Peggy that will give a big edge in PvP to get more easily covers for other chars, but nobody should do that for any other char (nobody that it is not a super whale, if you have a ton of money, you can do whatever you want icon_razz.gif)

Now you can win 4 covers in both PvP and PvE and CP, so with a bit of patience no need to ever buy that many covers from the same char (PvP might be a bit harder for transition rosters but anyone with some top tier 4s should easily get both).

This IS a game of PATIENCE !!!

PS: Dont get me wrong, do whatever you want with your CPs, but this is a very bad advice to give!!!
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think buying covers with cp is fine under the following circumstance :

A. You're odds of pulling something usable are lower than your odds of pulling something unusable

B. You are trying to finish the final cover of a top tier character.

Generally speaking I would simply follow the following rule... Do you have enough iso to instamax a character for which you get an unexpected 14th cover? Yes? Keep pulling. No? Keep hoarding
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is why I don't hoard and pull as I get CP/LTs.

Yeah, I get the occasional 6th cover or 14...15...16...17th Reed that I have to sell. But I've pulled over the past year before the 4 star tier was completely diluted and it helped to finish off those early 4s. Now the majority released since mid 2016, yeah, those guys are going to tough to finish off now.

Though on another note it is annoying as **** to see people constantly telling others how to spend their CP. If a person wants to spend it on covers, it's their business and they don't need a lecture if they post about it online.
  • Philly484
    Philly484 Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    I don't think you should be that disappointed considering the lvl you are at. If you are playing optimal in events both pvp and pve and the occasional lighting to amass the ISO, once you get your first champed 4 its literally a trickle effect from there. It literally takes the time, effort and occasional luck to get that last cover you need. I remember when I had Jean at 5/0/5 for months and months and that was still when you could just spend HP for the cover you needed as long as you ad at least 1 cover of that color, but I eventually pulled the blues and got what I needed.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    I would have just bought 8 covers for a 4* that can make a difference. Then when you have a decent 4 star you can easily hit 575 every pvp and do well in PvE to get those cp rewards there too, just keep buying stuff you need instead of gambling your cp away.

You could have a maxed out Jean and Peggy with that

but that just me, I don't trust random.
  • Rojas66
    Rojas66 Posts: 86 Match Maker
    Like others have said, I don't think you should be disappointed with that pull and wonder why you would spend CP when you were very likely to get covers for those 4* that you don't have rostered. I would roster those first, especially when even with 1 cover they could be useful in the required nodes.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    You guys keep speaking without perspective.

Someone aiming for 5's isn't looking to by useful 4 covers, especially if they are looking for the last few covers of that 5.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    GurlBYE wrote:
    You guys keep speaking without perspective.

Someone aiming for 5's isn't looking to by useful 4 covers, especially if they are looking for the last few covers of that 5.

This is a topic discussion people progressing into 4*, not into 5*. For 5* see this thread: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=57146&start=40
  • Astralgazer
    Astralgazer Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    OP, how do you define "useful"? For PVP, even top tier characters need to have 5 in their top power. My 3/5/3 4Cyke is sitting there feeling inadequate in PVP even when boosted. But my 5/2/2 Peggy, on the other hand, has seen some action in SIMs. What about my 3/2/2 ProfX? He is clearly useless for PVP but, boosted, he can hold his own in his essential node in the current MRG event. Even my 1/2/2 Blaze has won me an LT (against Galactus, mind you) in his Crash. Again, usefulness must be defined.

I'm a bit lucky to have precisely one championed 4* that I can bring around for PVP, LadyThor. But all other 4*s have their uses...even just to ensure I can do their essential nodes in PVE.

Be patient. I know I'm repeating the obvious. Just be patient. And do some rain dance before pulling legendaries.
  • Evilgenius_9
    Evilgenius_9 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    smkspy wrote:
    This is why I don't hoard and pull as I get CP/LTs.

Yeah, I get the occasional 6th cover or 14...15...16...17th Reed that I have to sell. But I've pulled over the past year before the 4 star tier was completely diluted and it helped to finish off those early 4s. Now the majority released since mid 2016, yeah, those guys are going to tough to finish off now.

Though on another note it is annoying as tinykitty to see people constantly telling others how to spend their CP. If a person wants to spend it on covers, it's their business and they don't need a lecture if they post about it online.

My goal is to never sell a 4* plus because Indon't have ISO to level the character. I hoars until I have enough to champ any 13*'s, otherwise pull everything I get. It works for me icon_e_wink.gif
  • smkspy
    And for all the advice that people like to give, that's perhaps the most useful "it works for me."

Doesn't matter whether a person hoards, pulls everything, or spends on individual covers; whatever works best for them personally IS the best strategy.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    OP, how do you define "useful"? For PVP, even top tier characters need to have 5 in their top power. My 3/5/3 4Cyke is sitting there feeling inadequate in PVP even when boosted. But my 5/2/2 Peggy, on the other hand, has seen some action in SIMs. What about my 3/2/2 ProfX? He is clearly useless for PVP but, boosted, he can hold his own in his essential node in the current MRG event. Even my 1/2/2 Blaze has won me an LT (against Galactus, mind you) in his Crash. Again, usefulness must be defined.

I'm a bit lucky to have precisely one championed 4* that I can bring around for PVP, LadyThor. But all other 4*s have their uses...even just to ensure I can do their essential nodes in PVE.

Be patient. I know I'm repeating the obvious. Just be patient. And do some rain dance before pulling legendaries.
    Yeah you are extremely lucky. She can punch way past her weight when boosted. You could even take on 5* teams. But you wouldn't have to take 5* teams much since your mmr would be too low. To be honest, having what i considered one of the best 4* in the game still is best for pvp mmr and pve. My first was starlord? and then thor so my mmr was kind increased by starlord already so couldn't hit as high anyway.

I wouldn't champ anymore 4* unless you had to. You will like your mmr now more than when you have a bunch of 4* champed. However champing more 4* is fun to play though.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    The rest were lower-tier 4* that I haven't rostered such as Elektra, TA Hulk, Agent Venom, Drax, Carnage, Wasp, IW, Gwenpool, Miles, Sam, Bucky, and Venom Brock.

I feel disappointed.
    Don't sleep on TA Hulk or Miles Morales. Cho's redesign fixed him up real good and the recent tweaks to Miles have moved him from good to very good, IMO. Neither of them is top five for the tier, but both are fun to play and have AP-generating abilities that feed their own powers or those of an ally. I hear Gwenpool is pretty solid too, but haven't given her any ISO yet.
  • Astralgazer
    Astralgazer Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    dsds wrote:
    I wouldn't champ anymore 4* unless you had to. You will like your mmr now more than when you have a bunch of 4* champed. However champing more 4* is fun to play though.

My plan is to leave LadyThor as the sole champ and bring all other 4* to 188 where, when boosted, they would be 273. I hope that wouldn't disturb my PVE scaling as my best 3* now boosted to as high as 280. Yet I could see several scenarios where I would have to change my plan. I would have to ask for advice in the forum if any of the scenarios happens.
  • smkspy
    Honestly, you're scaling doesn't dramatically increase when you start champing 4s. Your hardest nodes are in the 280s right now is my guess. You'll be in the 320s with 4+ champed 4s. The trade off is more than worth it if you champ the right 4s.
  • its obvious you feel disapointment if you dont even have all 4* rostered lol
    what a waste of cp...