Soul Gem Season Character Update (1/9/17)

1235»

Comments

• turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 786 Critical Contributor
    Latest buff won't interest me at all as he's one of the only characters I don't have
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Chronicler wrote:

Anyway, maybe the problem is no one knows how to fix him yet. Seriously, he's a complete, back to the drawing board mess. It's not like turning a dial a little, it's like designing a completely new character with an extra set of constraints out of the gate.

Let me take a stab at it.

Change his Yellow by removing the need for a FF member to be on the team, and give a small heal and 2 ap in strongest colour when a friendly special tile gets matched by anyone.

Change his Black by dropping the cost to 5, the duration to 5 and fortifying it.

Change his Blue to give strike tiles instead of protect tiles for greater synergy with his black.

Pair him up with Nova and X-23 for lots of strike tile fun.

Personally I would prefer to keep the protects as it's more fitting to his character and role in the team but.. Make them relevant. Give him 3 x 1k protect tiles and all of a sudden they don't seem that bad for 8ap

I know, I know <whiny voice> this game is all about speed and protect tiles don't shorten the match they extend it.

But dammit protect tiles are only useless because they're weak. Make them strong and people might skip your team knowing that you'll extend the match
  • JFisch
    JFisch Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    The thing with the colors on Mr. F's black is they're specifically chosen to align with the colors of other F4 members (100% alignment with Thing, 66% alignment with Torch and IW). So really both his Black and Yellow promote using the Fantastic Four, just not in a synergistic way. His blue almost needs some sort of "jumps in front" behavior added to it to promote him tanking more.

Honestly, that's probably the biggest issue. He has three powers that are almost entirely unrelated to each other.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Ctenko wrote:
    smkspy wrote:
    The devs must really hate mister fantastic.

Everyone hates Reed. Everybody.

Except for Craig. icon_lol.gif
  • snlf25 wrote:
    Ctenko wrote:
    smkspy wrote:
    The devs must really hate mister fantastic.

Everyone hates Reed. Everybody.

Except for Craig. icon_lol.gif
    I like him in ddq Crash
    you feel like its really a puzzle game
  • roberts_2
    roberts_2 Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Mr. F/Dino works well together, only need one yellow based char. Last season i tried Strange and Flaptain, and with last one i got a solid defensive team with the power attack on Dino.