So when exactly will we see SCL 9?

Akatosh
Akatosh Posts: 51 Match Maker
edited January 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
I believe it's been about a month and a half since they released SCL 8(not sure, could be wrong). Think we might see SCL 9 at the beginning of the next season?

Comments

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2017
    Akatosh wrote:
    I believe it's been about a month and a half since they released SCL 8(not sure, could be wrong). Think we might see SCL 9 at the beginning of the next season?

Since SCL8 was likely considered a failure, especially for PVP, I do not anticipate they will release SCL9 any time soon because as soon as SCL9 comes, everyone will be clamoring for SCL10. At this time, I would prefer if they look at how poor the rewards are for 8 compared to 7, and they boost the rewards for 8 instead.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you believe this, soon

QBnxJzX.png?1
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm all for it since I won't qualify for it (level 63)
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    With addition of 2xp per PvP match, I'm willing to bet will see it in the first quarter of 2017. They got to give more casual players some time to rank up and fill out the ranks.

The progression and ranking rewards will still feel lackluster.
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    1st April 2017 till mid day local time
  • Codex
    Codex Posts: 272 Mover and Shaker
    I'm all for it since I won't qualify for it (level 63)

I believe this is the issue, they do not have the necessary amount of ppl at the rank needed to unlock clearance level 9.
  • Kevmcg
    Kevmcg Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    It's not just about how many could qualify for the next clearance level. It is also a function of how many WILL play at that next level. I know many, including me, that play in CL7 for PVP rather than CL8. We'd rather have a great chance at 1 Four star reward, than having to work hard against other equivalent players for a chance at 2 four stars (Top5).

More players would play at the higher CL if the rewards were worth it. If you could get a LT in CL9 or a guaranteed 5 star, there would be many more playing that. The ISO gains are minimal.
  • LordXberk
    LordXberk Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    Kevmcg wrote:
    It's not just about how many could qualify for the next clearance level. It is also a function of how many WILL play at that next level. I know many, including me, that play in CL7 for PVP rather than CL8. We'd rather have a great chance at 1 Four star reward, than having to work hard against other equivalent players for a chance at 2 four stars (Top5).

More players would play at the higher CL if the rewards were worth it. If you could get a LT in CL9 or a guaranteed 5 star, there would be many more playing that. The ISO gains are minimal.

Exactly this. The devs dropped the ball on the SCL8 rewards vs. SCL7. First, there SHOULD be meaningful ISO differences. Second, the prizes need to be materially better to encourage players not to play down (I'm guilty of this myself occasionally) - for SCL8, t10 should get a 4*, t5 should be 2 4* covers, and and t1 or t2 should be 3 covers or 2 covers and an LT.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Population is definitely becoming a real problem.

Cl8 was seemingly a bit of a stretch. The competition jumps significantly from 7 to 8. And the top end rewards didnt improve much at all. So while cl8 pushed useful placement rewards down significantly deeper into the bracket, it doesnt make much difference in the end. The same level of effort in cl7 and cl8 offer very similar rewards, you just finish top 50 in cl7 and top 200 i ln cl8.

They might do cl9 fairly soon because players are starting to clamor for it. But it is likely to be a very competitive wasteland.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:
    If you believe this, soon

QBnxJzX.png?1

Also, they're listening.

Which is nice.
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    I seem to remember being told that the feature would be complete by late fall. Only assuming at this point that they were talking about 2017, and not 2016.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I seem to remember being told that the feature would be complete by late fall. Only assuming at this point that they were talking about 2017, and not 2016.

I think by complete they meant used for every event including new releases. If they meant all 10 levels then I think that's kinda bad for the game. This is a feature that can, and should be continue added to, to the point where in a year or 2 maybe there's an SCL 15 or 20. If they really have a gameplan of keeping this game for 10 years like someone claimed is true their going to have to go well past 10.

I agree with the other posts here, SCL8 was a joke for both PvE and PvP. They either need to make SCL9 and make it be a very strong jump or rework SCL8 to be a better jump before going to 9 (or do both at once).
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would take a pause on SCL 9... and instead give us better rewards in SCL 8! icon_e_geek.gif

It's not a big difference between the two right now, especially in pvp...
  • Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    Anyone that is saying fix scl8 instead of go to 9... They aren't fixing 8, so I don't know why you'd even suggest it. 9 needs to have 5* progression to move those rosters to compete against one another instead of seal clubbing to 2k in scl6.

They won't adjust 8, and def won't add 5*, so the only answer to create a more even competition level is to release 9. There is enough players for 9, they are currently scattered through 6,7,8 due to lack of incentive to fight each other.
  • broll
    Anyone that is saying fix scl8 instead of go to 9... They aren't fixing 8, so I don't know why you'd even suggest it.

There's 2 reasons to suggest it:
    1. Because each level is greater than the previous level having a practical non-increase diminishes the likelihood of the following levels from being as good as they could/should be.
    2. The devs regularly fix and tweak old stuff, events, methods, characters. There is no reason to assume they won't change 8. I would think it's probably unlikely, but it's 100 times more likely then them putting a 5* in 9 or 10.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Also I believe that 9 and 10 are the absolute final last two levels. They can't then add an 11 ("this goes up to 11!"), so those last to SCLs had better be really good... OR ELSE!!!!! icon_lol.gif
  • Mr_Sinister
    broll wrote:
    Anyone that is saying fix scl8 instead of go to 9... They aren't fixing 8, so I don't know why you'd even suggest it.

1. Because each level is greater than the previous level having a practical non-increase diminishes the likelihood of the following levels from being as good as they could/should be.
    2. The devs regularly fix and tweak old stuff, events, methods, characters. There is no reason to assume they won't change 8. I would think it's probably unlikely, but it's 100 times more likely then them putting a 5* in 9 or 10.

Until they have fleshed out the upcoming levels, what reason do they have for adjusting 8? Is it even out of alignment? I don't see a reason to say it's not what it should be. It's not good enough for who? The people that are already beyond it? That's what seems to be the case. Adding a 4* cover to t25 is going to radically alter the landscape and is going to be good enough?

For the people that are beginning 4*, it IS good enough, the problem is it's dominated by the people that are well beyond that point. Those that need it are iced out while those that really don't are dawdling around waiting for the next step.
  • broll
    broll wrote:

Until they have fleshed out the upcoming levels, what reason do they have for adjusting 8? Is it even out of alignment? I don't see a reason to say it's not what it should be. It's not good enough for who? The people that are already beyond it? That's what seems to be the case. Adding a 4* cover to t25 is going to radically alter the landscape and is going to be good enough?

For the people that are beginning 4*, it IS good enough, the problem is it's dominated by the people that are well beyond that point. Those that need it are iced out while those that really don't are dawdling around waiting for the next step.

I am at the beginning for 4* so you're speaking to someone who is exactly in SCL8. When SCL8 came out I was just barely over threshold to enter it. Speaking from that the fact I do not feel it 'IS good enough'. The fact that the covers weren't a bigger jump wasn't great but it's OK. The bigger problem was how tiny the ISO increment was. People in SCL8 are at a point where they're just starting to champion 4*s. The ISO flow is not high enough to support that without hoarding (which the devs have said they aren't a fan of so clearly that's not intending) or having to sell tons of 4* covers.

EDIT:
    Also irregardless to above we have seen many posts with people recommending playing SCL 7 because the rewards are practically the same but the competition is easier. I play SCL 7 for new character releases for this exact reason. You think that's working as intended? The increase between each level should be enough that you can't bare to play down a level because of how many rewards you'd leave on the table, otherwise what is the point of the levels at all?
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    This comes to mind...

mqdefault.jpg

Zager and Evans - In The Year 2525
  • Mr_Sinister
    broll wrote:
    broll wrote:

I am at the beginning for 4* so you're speaking to someone who is exactly in SCL8. When SCL8 came out I was just barely over threshold to enter it. Speaking from that the fact I do not feel it 'IS good enough'. The fact that the covers weren't a bigger jump wasn't great but it's OK. The bigger problem was how tiny the ISO increment was. People in SCL8 are at a point where they're just starting to champion 4*s. The ISO flow is not high enough to support that without hoarding (which the devs have said they aren't a fan of so clearly that's not intending) or having to sell tons of 4* covers.

EDIT:
    Also irregardless to above we have seen many posts with people recommending playing SCL 7 because the rewards are practically the same but the competition is easier. I play SCL 7 for new character releases for this exact reason. You think that's working as intended? The increase between each level should be enough that you can't bare to play down a level because of how many rewards you'd leave on the table, otherwise what is the point of the levels at all?

You and I are in the same position. I agree with you. It sucks that I have to play a level down to be anywhere near competitive. I've tried 8 a few times, the last time hitting 1200 got you close to 90th place. I was in the 90's and saw people with a champed 5* all the way down to like 82.
    Are you going to jump into that slaughter house every event for even an extra 2k ISO and the same 3* covers? Or would you still play down, screw the ISO and get another 4* cover?
    Really what it comes down to is at the moment it doesn't matter what the ISO amount is in 8 because it's so murderous to enter it without 5* that is not worth whatever the increase would be. You'd really spend the difference skipping through butt* kickings and burning HP to not bleed points. The difference in ISO will matter when the people causing us to skip and burn HP like it's nothing have moved on. That's my take, maybe I'm wrong though.

* Modded myself