Required character nastiness in Deadpool v MPQ

Shmoe50
Shmoe50 Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
edited January 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Is it just me, or is Kingpin the least desirable character (at least of the required ones) to be needed for the Doc Oc/Carnage/Ultron Fight? Having to put out MORE tiles for Doc to convert in order to use 2 of your 3 powers seems particularly evil, even for MPQ...

Comments

• GreenyBoy
    GreenyBoy Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    This is definitely a nasty fight...
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    I did that one with Scarlet Witch and Black Widow (my scaling isn't that high though)
  • FokaiHI
    FokaiHI Posts: 272 Mover and Shaker
    Pve events with Rulk and Chulk buffed make life easy. If you only have 3*s though, you could use KP as a meat shield with IM40 and whomever.
  • xidragonxi
    xidragonxi Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Take out doc Ock first, for sure. I've been using Cho and kingpin for the whole event. Kingpin is doing 13k damage every time he pops Cho's countdown tile.
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Squirrel girl and your own Doc Ock crush these guys once there are lots of attack tiles on the board. Doc hit Ultron for 10k+
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Isn't KP there to use his purple to make yellow for OML?
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Didn't even occur to me to use Squirrel Girl. I went 4* Deadpool + Jean Grey and targeted Carnage first to minimize the special tile shenanigans.

Not gonna say it was EASY but it wasn't as painful as I feared it would be on first seeing that node.
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,388 Chairperson of the Boards
    Did anyone notice that Ultron's "Hive Mind" has changed?

It used to copy the tile, and then the old and new tile would be the same value. Now it just creates another tile next to it, but weaker, while the original strength tile remains.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    My Rhulk is champed so his boost has made this easy, but even when I haven't brought him to a match, a boosted champed Kingpin is nothing to scoff at either. Paired with (also champed) Star-Lord, and they're killing machines. Kingpin's yellow tosses out enough countdowns that each of Star-Lord's sucker punches land 9K-10K in damage. And Kingpin's black pretty much instakills anyone if there is a countdown on the board.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    But if I didn't have champed 4-stars and an undercovered Kingpin? In the required nodes I'd probably go with 3* Bullseye (since he'd have endless special tiles to feed his attacks and board control) and 3* Magneto, simply because I'd want to be denying Doc Ock's blue, and few 3* characters have a blue as powerful as Magneto's.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bring a stunner, makes that node a lot easier. Daredevil works well.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards

It used to copy the tile, and then the old and new tile would be the same value. Now it just creates another tile next to it, but weaker, while the original strength tile remains.
    it's been like that since before i started playing (July)
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,388 Chairperson of the Boards

it's been like that since before i started playing (July)

huh. DPvMPQ has run twice since then and I've somehow never noticed the change until now.
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    Boosted Rhulk and Thanos3 pretty much one-shot this node and all the others for that matter. 15k aoe followed by 5k aoe! icon_twisted.gif
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Boosted Rhulk and Thanos3 pretty much one-shot this node and all the others for that matter. 15k aoe followed by 5k aoe! icon_twisted.gif
    I love how 5* scaling isn't totally broken.

My Rulk does 20k AOE for 18 green.

The health pools of the level 425 enemies are 60k / 48k / 43k.

Wish I'd stayed in 4* land for PVE.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle wrote:

See, things like this are why I feel completely unenthused to put any ISO into my 5*s. I've got a couple who are close to viable but whenever I open a legendary and see that purple 5* pack I sigh with disappointment. "Oh goody...another 5* I'll never use." because I'd honestly have preferred a 4* cover.

Scaling's very managable with 4*s if you've got the right ones boosted, but for 5* it seems bonkers.
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Bowgentle wrote:

See, things like this are why I feel completely unenthused to put any ISO into my 5*s. I've got a couple who are close to viable but whenever I open a legendary and see that purple 5* pack I sigh with disappointment. "Oh goody...another 5* I'll never use." because I'd honestly have preferred a 4* cover.

Scaling's very managable with 4*s if you've got the right ones boosted, but for 5* it seems bonkers.

I've been hitting this node with Medusa/Surfer, which has gone well (wish she still had her boost though). Rulk/Thanos is an interesting thought... I just put them together for Cap's PvP, and they were killing it there.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle wrote:

To be entirely fair,

all 5 stars have attacks that do 5 digits of damage when maxed.
    All 5 stars do hundreds to thousands in match damage and boosting them with damage multipliers sky rockets that.

I understand the character variance is low, and that blows. Power is not lacking at all however, especially if they are fully leveled.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    GurlBYE wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:

To be entirely fair,

all 5 stars have attacks that do 5 digits of damage when maxed.
    All 5 stars do hundreds to thousands in match damage and boosting them with damage multipliers sky rockets that.

I understand the character variance is low, and that blows. Power is not lacking at all however, especially if they are fully leveled.
    It's not the difficulty that's the problem - it's simply that the clears take so much longer with 5s than they do with 4s.
    Heroics really highlight that problem, I'll be flying through everything with Rulk there.
  • bbtrpt1
    bbtrpt1 Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    I'm in 4-star land.

Boosted KP / Boosted Beast / SWitch worked like a charm!