**** Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers) ****

1234568»

Comments

• D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Dormammu said:
    Carol is a top-tier 4-star; one of the best. Not champing her is unthinkable.
    I would actually say that not champing C4rol is like refusing a free 1 million dollars.
  • wingX
    wingX Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    Thanks for your thought, but if she is boosted during alliance PVE and for any PVP event, will she affect the PVP MMR and the level of enemies for alliance PVE? (as alliance PVE dont have SCL system)
    wingX said:
    Thanks for your thought, but if I champed her to 270 and if she is boosted for an alliance PVE or PVP for the week, will it affect enemies level in alliance PVE and PVP MMR?
    I will have no effect on your PVE enemy levels; you choose your SCL, and the levels will be the same as they were in that SCL previously.

In PVE, your MMR will theoretically change, but not by a lot, and having a champed Carol will help out a ton, whether she's boosted or not.

fwiw, I don't believe that boosted characters affect your MMR at all, although I admit that's pure conjecture.
    Sorry, what I mean by alliance PVE is the event like Ultron, Galactus where there is no SCL to choose, does that mean the the enemies you faced will be affected by your highest level character, just like old times?
    D4Ni13 said:
    Dormammu said:
    Carol is a top-tier 4-star; one of the best. Not champing her is unthinkable.
    I would actually say that not champing C4rol is like refusing a free 1 million dollars.
    Lol, yeah, you are right, but first you have to have the ISO :p
  • abominatrix
    abominatrix Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    In case you need more convincing :)

Carol is not only great, but she's great for a transitioning roster. Pair her with your 3* champs who either lay down countdowns (Loki? SWitch?, Steve? Yes, please), and/or drop special tiles (Blade? Fist? Cage? Daken? I'll take some of that too!). Even Falcon works remarkably well with her.

I would say a champed Carol will allow you to move up at least one SCL level in PVE (even when she isn't boosted); if you are easily clearing SCL6, you can easily go to 7. If you're struggling in 7... well... I don't know if she bumps you to 8, but you'll do much better in 7. There is just no downside to champing her.

Don't question, just do it! Well, once you have the ISO...

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    wingX said:
    Sorry, what I mean by alliance PVE is the event like Ultron, Galactus where there is no SCL to choose, does that mean the the enemies you faced will be affected by your highest level character, just like old times?
    Yeah, that could be, but if she's champed AND boosted, you're gonna wreck those nodes. And the boss nodes themselves are not based on your roster at all, only on the round#. So you'll ALSO wreck Ultron/Galactus/Thanos etc... 
  • Banjo
    Banjo Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Been using my champed Ant Man with her. Use his yellow & it's ridiculous with C4rol at 5/5/3.