Skygazing Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
edited March 2017 in Character Details
Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers) icon_caroldanvers.png
4 Star Rarity (Legendary)
Wiki Link
At 70: HP: 3779 37/10/9/8/33/42/23/3.0x
At 270: HP: 13995 74/13/12/11/65/85/43/3.0x
    Photonic Barrage 8 blacktile.png AP
    Captain Marvel soars around the battlefield, firing off Photonic Blasts at her enemies. Converts a chosen basic Black tile into a 5-turn Countdown tile that creates a strength 32 Strike tile every turn, and deals 1500 damage when it expires.
      Level 2: Creates Strike tiles of strength 46, the Countdown tile deals 2074 damage when it expires. Level 3: Creates Strike tiles of strength 69, the Countdown tile deals 2602 damage when it expires. Level 4: Creates Strike tiles of strength 96, the Countdown tile deals 3769 damage when it expires. Level 5: Creates Strike tiles of strength 112 and a Fortified Countdown tile that deals 5991 damage when it expires.
    At 270
      Level 3: Creates Strike tile of strength 135, the Countdown tile deals 5070 damage when it expires. Level 4: Creates Strike tile of strength 189, the Countdown tile deals 7344 damage when it expires. Level 5: Creates Strike tiles of strength 220 and a Fortified Countdown tile that deals 11674 damage when it expires.

Executive Decision 5 yellowtile.png AP
    Captain Marvel takes charge and rallies her team to get things done! Reduces a chosen friendly Countdown tile to 0.
    (PASSIVE) Whenever a friendly Countdown tile expires, improve 1 random friendly tile(s) by 56.
      Level 2: Improves a tile by 78. Level 3: Improves 2 tiles by 101. Level 4: Improves 2 tiles by 146. Level 5: Improves 3 tiles by 222.
    At 270
      Level 3: Improves 2 tiles by 194. Level 4: Improves 2 tiles by 281. Level 5: Improves 3 tiles by 427.

Energy Manipulation 0 greentile.png AP
    (PASSIVE) Captain Marvel's energy absorption allows her to deflect enemy attacks and power up her own. Whenever the opponent makes a match in their strongest color, gain 2 AP in your strongest color. If they are the same color, deal 394 damage to the enemy team.
      Level 2: Deal 552 damage to the enemy team. Level 3: Gain 3 AP and deal 648 damage to the enemy team. Level 4: Deal 863 damage to the enemy team. Level 5: Gain 4 AP and deal 1132 damage to the enemy team.
    At 270
      Level 3: Gain 3 AP and deal 1263 damage to the enemy team. Level 4: Deal 1682 damage to the enemy team. Level 5: Gain 4 AP and deal 2207 damage to the enemy team.
    Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Skygazing
      Apologies to Cthulu or any mods if this steps on toes; feel free to edit/remove if necessary.

No problem, this is great, i was going to post one, but I'm good leaving it. No offense to the other post on her, but this helps a lot. I'll get better at this again now that the holidays and everything are over.
    • GrumpySmurf1002
      GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
      Skygazing wrote:
      Apologies to Cthulu or any mods if this steps on toes; feel free to edit/remove if necessary.

I beat you by 32 minutes. But at least you have the match damage.
    • Skygazing
      Skygazing wrote:

I beat you by 32 minutes. But at least you have the match damage.

Formatting takes a while haha. Probably should've refreshed to see if someone else had posted before I finished it but oh well.

I made sure to get stats as complete as I could. Go ahead and edit yours since it's more likely to be kept. Oh and btw you missed that at 5 covers Photonic Barrage creates a Fortified CD.
    • GrumpySmurf1002
      You can keep yours, since you have the accurate numbers. .
    • rainkingucd
      rainkingucd Posts: 1,269 Chairperson of the Boards

Thanks to both of you for putting this one up. SkyGazing, is it possible to add a poll for best build still? I miss that all the new characters don't have those anymore...
    • veny
      veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
      So, yellow passive works always, or only for CD tiles quickened by the active yellow?
      Description is not clear enought and if it works for all CDs, it would make insane OP combo with some chars (Loki etc.)
    • Skygazing

Thanks to both of you for putting this one up. SkyGazing, is it possible to add a poll for best build still? I miss that all the new characters don't have those anymore...

Poll added, though in this case I think it's pretty safe to say 5/3/5 is the way to go 99% of the time.
      veny wrote:
      So, yellow passive works always, or only for CD tiles quickened by the active yellow?
      Description is not clear enought and if it works for all CDs, it would make insane OP combo with some chars (Loki etc.)

From my own testing her yellow works with all CDs, not just ones she uses the active power on. And yes it gets pretty silly with characters like Starlord and Loki.
    • eidehua
      eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
      Skygazing wrote:

Poll added, though in this case I think it's pretty safe to say 5/3/5 is the way to go 99% of the time.
      veny wrote:

From my own testing her yellow works with all CDs, not just ones she uses the active power on. And yes it gets pretty silly with characters like Starlord and Loki.

Try it with Sentry? icon_e_biggrin.gif
    • Piro_plock
      Piro_plock Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
      Skygazing wrote:
      Ooh, combo with SL and resolve CD for 3AP... nice. She looks like a great support character, can't wait to try her out.
    • Skygazing
      eidehua wrote:
      Try it with Sentry? icon_e_biggrin.gif

Despite the jankiness, yes this works lol. As far as I can tell the expiration of any CD tile at any time works with her passive.
    • notamutant
      notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
      Piro_plock wrote:
      Skygazing wrote:
      Ooh, combo with SL and resolve CD for 3AP... nice. She looks like a great support character, can't wait to try her out.

So Sentry, Star-Lord, Carol. (you could bring Sentry green team up to get a higher health team, but then wouldn't get benefit of cheaper green from Star-Lord). Get 8 black AP, 10 green, throw your black out as early as possible, let the enemy use a move and then throw out your green. Be 5/5/3. I am not sure on the exact number of countdowns Sentry green creates, but I had 11 at 5 covers when I used him just now. Have 3 black strike tiles out by the time those countdowns resolve. Your strike tiles go from 660 total, to around 14,750 total, all for just 18 AP.
    • spectator
      spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
      Wasp, cho, sw
    • stochasticism
      stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
      spectator wrote:
      Wasp, cho, sw

What does that have to do with Carol?
    • eidehua
      eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
      spectator wrote:
      Wasp, cho, sw

What does that have to do with Carol?

Passive countdown abilities to synergize with carol's yellow passive, and also you can use yellow active to speed it up too.
      Carol is looking pretty strong.
    • CCW1208
      CCW1208 Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
      Carol, Winter soldier, Star lord
      USe Carol yellow to trigger WS blue or red power.
      SL yellow passive ability could makle this cascade faster.
      WS blue attack tile and Carol black strike tile are also boost by Carol yellow power (3 ap)
    • Punisher5784
      Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
      edited January 2017
      I can't wait to try her with my 1/1/3 5* Green Goblin!

Overall I am just excited to see how well her Green will work. Against a Juggs/Ares team, the strongest color will be red, so if I bring a strong red character such as Cyke, then I'll at least be happy to see the Team Damage when those bastards match the red I try to prevent them from getting!

I cannot wait to see her Crash of the Titans too.. should be interesting.
    • GrumpySmurf1002
      Skygazing wrote:

Not sure it's that cut and dry.

Her black is (mostly, see below) a lock 5 covers. 1100 in strike tiles and/or 12k damage for 8ap is hilarious, even if it's CD based. (The 'or' coming from being able to do black->yellow and skip the strike creation).

For the other colors, if your strongest color doesn't match the opponents, then you're talking only the difference between 3 and 4AP per enemy match on that color. This becomes like the 4Cyc yellow argument, where it's not worth 1AP sporadically to sacrifice the big difference in the other power; the difference between a 384dmg buff and a 1281 dmg buff is a very large one.

Since Carol herself creates a countdown, it's less likely that you go into a match where the yellow passive has zero utility. It's also much easier to build your team construction to really maximize her yellow, as opposed to building teams to maximize the green. As someone mentioned, a Sentry TU w/ her yellow is the difference between a 6k buff and a 20k buff (if all tiles resolved). That's monstrous.

I lean heavily 5/5/3, with maybe a 3/5/5 flex when you're in PvP with OML vs OML matches.
    • Gari
      Gari Posts: 92 Match Maker
      No one sees the winfinite. NOt surprising.
    • Smudge
      Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
      5/5/3 with Star-Lord and anyone else (Dr. Strange...) vs goon nodes in PvE will be lol worthy.
    • Straycat
      Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
      I always love someone who can buff tiles, and she might be one of the best when paired with cd tiles. 5/5/3 against goons for sure. Hard to make a ton of use of the green, maybe against switch if the enemy team has purple as the strongest. One too many conditions, I am never sure what the enemy will tank until I'm in the match. In the Kingpin essential his purple says it will steal blue (vision) but ends up taking yellow (Kamala), so that would be hard to plan for.

Does it do both steal and deal damage when the strongest colors match? It doesn't say also in the description so I am not sure