End Game

13»

Comments

• Mechahamster
    Mechahamster Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    If this is a Skinner box then where are my steamed hams?
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    If this is a Skinner box then where are my steamed hams?

The Aurora Borealis? At this time of year? At this time of day? In this part of the country? Localized entirely within your kitchen?
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,762 Chairperson of the Boards
    Piro_plock wrote:
    broll wrote:
    Their is no 'end game' as you describe and they don't want people to get bored and quit because they get to 'end game' and feel they have nothing to do. It's not a destination, it's a hamster wheel that intentionally never ends until they shutdown the game.
    Then this is a sign of a bad game design. Are you familiar with the concept of Skinner box? After you get to a certain level, MPQ becomes essentially a slot machine. If the developers won't add some endgame content, the long-time players (who tend to spend the most) are going to keep quitting. This is not a sustainable model.

Maybe it is the intention to get long-time players to quit? You need room at the top for new(er) players, otherwise they drop out. And you won't keep spending money on a game where you have no chance to ever finish in the Top 10 / 50 / 100 (fill in your personal goal here).
    This game is indeed a marathon where the finish line keeps being moved further away.

Side note, but I'd pay good money to increase the SHIELD drop rate... a 2 year's wait for your first 5* is just too long.