Why do i keep pulling...

jredd
jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
edited January 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Bullseye/hawkeye/ares covers??!

three 2* i'm not currently farming and keep permanently. yet i pull them constantly. way more than i should based on the amount of 2 and 3 star characters available. elites, heroics, event tokens. all of them. and i'm pulling these 3 characters. constantly.

starting to get a little pissed.

Comments

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why would you not farm them, too? Get those sweet Ragnarok, IM40 and Bullseye covers!

I grant you, it does seem like you get covers for a specific handful of heroes quite frequently every now and then. I've had barely any covers for Magneto for a while, then suddenly I got 3 blues from a handful of tokens. Maybe just confirmation bias?
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why would you not farm them, too? Get those sweet Ragnarok, IM40 and Bullseye covers!

I grant you, it does seem like you get covers for a specific handful of heroes quite frequently every now and then. I've had barely any covers for Magneto for a while, then suddenly I got 3 blues from a handful of tokens. Maybe just confirmation bias?

i suppose i should. chances are i'll stop pulling them if i do, haha. problem solved.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    You're not especially cursed. RNG hates us all equally.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    I keep getting 2* Daken, he's the only one I don't farm because I'm keeping 3* Daken at level 182 because I already have 5 green on X-23 and am waiting to champion her not to lose the cover , lol it's a long story
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    You always pull the 2 stars you're not farming. And when you are farming, you can't pull them fast enough it seems.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wonko33 wrote:
    I keep getting 2* Daken, he's the only one I don't farm because I'm keeping 3* Daken at level 182 because I already have 5 green on X-23 and am waiting to champion her not to lose the cover , lol it's a long story
    Honestly, you are probably better off just applying the covers and then selling the X-23 cover if you can't champ her in time. More covers will come for her.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Never hit the pause button on your champing game, friends. Just keep applying covers and selling any rewards if necessary. You'll get more soon enough. You should keep pushing toward the CP, HP and LTs!
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    even i don't keep 2 stars long past maxing them (i usually champ different 2 stars though)
    with the restrictions removed from character selections in PVE I no longer feel a need to keep 6 2 Star Champs (currently at 7)
    Of Course my highest 2 Star Champ is only level 133
    I only have 3 2 Stars for whom covers are currently 250 ISO and I don't seem to pull them much
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Because you only notice the ones you don’t want or need. The ones you do want, you enjoy then quickly forget about. The others stick in your craw. I had to hold on re-leveling a few 2*’s so I could champ a 4* before their 14th cover expires, and it always seems like I get their tokens from the pulls.

It’s like if you walk a certain route to work everyday. You don’t remember every spot that was stable and sure footed, but you sure remember that one spot where you tripped. Especially when you hit the same spot the next day (“Again?!”)
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Totally not what I thought this thread would be about...
  • Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    Tatercat wrote:
    Because you only notice the ones you don’t want or need. The ones you do want, you enjoy then quickly forget about. The others stick in your craw. I had to hold on re-leveling a few 2*’s so I could champ a 4* before their 14th cover expires, and it always seems like I get their tokens from the pulls.

It’s like if you walk a certain route to work everyday. You don’t remember every spot that was stable and sure footed, but you sure remember that one spot where you tripped. Especially when you hit the same spot the next day (“Again?!”)

This is not true at all. I sold 3 2* champs Sunday. I had 13. Since Sunday I've pulled 45 covers for those 3 I just sold. 45! I fully covered Modern Magneto in 1.5 days. Meanwhile I had 4 At 138-142 and got 2...2! Total during that span. That's not my imagination or confirmation bias. At one point I pulled more 4* champ covers from heroics (3) than 2* cover champs (2).
  • BatteryHorse
    BatteryHorse Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    mpqr7 wrote:
    Never hit the pause button on your champing game, friends. Just keep applying covers and selling any rewards if necessary. You'll get more soon enough. You should keep pushing toward the CP, HP and LTs!

I disagree. I held Mystique at 182 because I couldn't use that Iceman cover. Recently champed him and got another Mystique cover for Ice that I used to get his LT.

I've got Psylocke and 3Punisher held at 182 also. No regrets. Getting specific 4* covers isn't always easy in this game.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why do I keep pulling...

56571609.jpg
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm sitting on 3 Storm and 2 Torch covers right now. They're both at 5/5/X.

It's happened before - last time was Daken and Thor. 2 weeks is a pretty long time where 2*s are concerned. Just let them ride and save up the Iso to farm once they come in.

I'm a little angry that I haven't been collecting 1* widow blue that often. It's almost all spiderman, juggernaut, venom. I had her at 0/5 for teamups and my thumb slipped trying to sell a purple, ruining her utility. In 4 days I've only gotten 2 blue covers, but maybe a couple dozen of the others.
  • nigelregal
    nigelregal Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    If you get a full 2* farm going you will see how over time it will randomly give you a lot of one character then another. I use to get lots of Thor but now I have him 5/2/5 and its been a week since I have gotten a Thor cover.

If you actually track the covers you win you will see over time which ones you win more of. You can keep all 2* rewards you get in a day and mark them in a spreadsheet and after a few weeks see the trends.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Tatercat wrote:

This is not true at all. I sold 3 2* champs Sunday. I had 13. Since Sunday I've pulled 45 covers for those 3 I just sold. 45! I fully covered Modern Magneto in 1.5 days. Meanwhile I had 4 At 138-142 and got 2...2! Total during that span. That's not my imagination or confirmation bias. At one point I pulled more 4* champ covers from heroics (3) than 2* cover champs (2).

And you’ve kind of made my point for me, that there really isn’t any difference beyond randomness in what anyone pulls. In fact, things are usually better than you think when you break it down bit by bit.

It just that for some people, they’ll focus on what they didn’t want or need (like the OP in this thread and my own pessimistic self frankly). Some people, like yourself, do appreciate what they get, when good fortune smiles on them, but then you weren’t who I was replying too. (Though I do love the irony of someone named Mr. Sinister pointing out the bright side of things. icon_e_biggrin.gif )
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    I farm them all, it seems like the devs want us to do it.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    bbigler wrote:
    I farm them all, it seems like the devs want us to do it.

It keeps the tier relevant. Probably pads their usage statistics a bit and gives a nifty little boost to roster slots. Before the boost in sale price and the implementation of XP I used 3, for DDQ only. Kept 2 more in case the Storm/Magneto duo came up in the 3rd node. The rest shared a roster slot and got cycled for essentials. Now I roster all of them - sell and build when lv 145 appears. That's 7000 hp I wouldn't have spent otherwise.
  • whycantwesyncpc
    whycantwesyncpc Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    jredd wrote:
    Bullseye/hawkeye/ares covers??!

three 2* i'm not currently farming and keep permanently. yet i pull them constantly. way more than i should based on the amount of 2 and 3 star characters available. elites, heroics, event tokens. all of them. and i'm pulling these 3 characters. constantly.

starting to get a little pissed.

Roster them and start wanting them. It's the only way to stop pulling them
  • Pope Belligerent
    Pope Belligerent Posts: 94 Match Maker
    Just before I sold my maxchamped 2Mags I champed Moonstone. I just sold my second maxchamped 2Mags, and Moonstone is still at 143. He lapped her.