New Bucky vault - I guess these are the final pack prices?

Akari
Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
edited January 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
The HP costs for the Bucky vault are the same as the last couple. They said they were fiddling with it, but I guess this is the final answer? No single pull and no LT in the mix means I probably won't ever deal with these vaults unless they happen to have a cover I vitally need.. which at this point is none, really.

Oh well, I guess it was a good try.

Comments

• Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    You're not supposed to wi..buy .
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    this version of 4* vaults sucks
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    I will buy if
    On the last day 1 or more of the covers will bump me to a token_legendary.png

Right now my WS is @279 3600 hp for a LT is a winner in my book
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2017
    I have to spend 2000 HP for a 50% chance of getting a single 4* cover?

It`s a pity since Bucky is one of my favourite characters and I really could use the purple cover (he is 2/3/5 right now) but I`m unwilling to spend more than the half of my current HP for it.
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    fmftint wrote:
    I will buy if
    On the last day 1 or more of the covers will bump me to a token_legendary.png

Right now my WS is @279 3600 hp for a LT is a winner in my book

To each their own, but 3600 hp for an LT is NOT a winner in mine. These vaults suck and I will not buy from them.

But obviously someone is because they seem to have settled on this format.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Did you really expect them to change it when they've been off for Christmas icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Pretty sure they had this one setup before they left. I'm hoping to see them keep tweaking, if they don't they can enjoy working for something hardly anyone will buy I guess...

Ultimately, it's in their best interest to make something appealing actual sale numbers will drive changes.
  • tgibbs40
    tgibbs40 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    A 7th purpleflag.png for my 5/0/0 Winter Soldier? No thanks icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    No single pulls again. I'm disappointed, but not surprised in the least. Anyway, I'll pass.
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    broll wrote:
    Did you really expect them to change it when they've been off for Christmas icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I kind of expected them to queue up a bunch of different purchase options and analyze information after their break. That would have been the efficient way to approach it, at least.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    I won't spend on these vaults with this pricing scheme. There is no "unless". I just won't.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    No single token option, no buy.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I want to know who the heck is buying these vaults! There is very little value in them. I still do not understand why they cannot have the limited vaults run alongside PVE so we have a vault that contains the 4*, 3* and 2* essential.. that I can see players buying.
  • Gmax101
    Gmax101 Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    as a proponent of the vaults, I am not buying this one... but that is because a champ level isn't worth the HP, as stated before.... "IF" the cover is one of my 4* missing covers then I will likely buy in to it... but without that, no chance.

But I would definitely buy the following:
    Blade Green
    Mr Fantastic Blue
    Moon Knight Any
    Medusa Any

a random cover for any of the following might get bought but it is unlikely:
    Gwenpool
    Kate Bishop
    Agent Venom
    Spider Woman Jessica Drew
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    I want to know who the heck is buying these vaults! There is very little value in them. I still do not understand why they cannot have the limited vaults run alongside PVE so we have a vault that contains the 4*, 3* and 2* essential.. that I can see players buying.

It's whether you see value in 1100 HP spent on 3x3*, 11x2*, 3500iso, and 3 elites. The 4* @ the remaining 2500HP is akin to olden value, and plenty of people ate that up.

I personally see no value in 1100 spent on that stuff, but I can see how some would, given the champ level returns, XP, etc....
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    It was fun to spend a few hundred HP on tokens, but it's not worth it to waste 2000 HP, just for a chance at a 4*, any 4*. I'd rather waste 2000 HP in PVP, for a chance to win a 5* with that tasty 15 CP!!!!!!!!
  • Lopan15
    Lopan15 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    The first few vaults I looked at to see what else was in them. Since the cost has stayed the same with no single pull option, I don't even glance at them as I'm arrowing past them to the next vault.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    At this point, what determines whether or not the vault is worth it to me is the 3 star covers and not the 4 star. There's very few 4 star powers I have maxed out, so I can use every cover, but if the 3 star covers have someone I haven't maxed yet (I got lucky early on in that a couple of my vaults had Strange covers in them) or someone that's close to giving out a 4* champ reward, then I'll give it a closer look.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Clearly too many people got too many 4*covers buying single tokens under the old system.

Sigh, new features are rarely as player-friendly as i think they should be in this game. But they very frequently get worse over time.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Clearly too many people got too many 4*covers buying single tokens under the old system.

Sigh, new features are rarely as player-friendly as i think they should be in this game. But they very frequently get worse over time.

Under the 'old system'. What 'old system'? This is a one of several phases of a new system that we have no way of 'clearly' knowing if they have or have not finalized or not. My theory is this is still a holiday auto-pilot and we'll either see another modified attempt.
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    broll wrote:
    Vhailorx wrote:

Under the 'old system'. What 'old system'? This is a one of several phases of a new system that we have no way of 'clearly' knowing if they have or have not finalized or not. My theory is this is still a holiday auto-pilot and we'll either see another modified attempt.

The "old system" was here you could buy a specific 4* cover for 2500hp. They did away with this when they introduced command points.