R117 Release Notes - (1/3/17)

2»

Comments

• Pessi
    Pessi Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    Looks like the sheild intercepts have been updated. I just got an elite token, never had one before. My guess is they removed heroic tokens..
  • an1979
    an1979 Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    I so missed being beta-tester of buggy games!
    R117 is such a treat!
  • CyberVenom2001
    CyberVenom2001 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Pessi wrote:
    Looks like the sheild intercepts have been updated. I just got an elite token, never had one before. My guess is they removed heroic tokens..

Good news, friend! Both elites and heroic tokens are rewards!
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Funny how the only things of significance that R117 did weren't in the notes
    (The Power Cost bug and the loosening of restrictions in PVE)
    also the minor bug involving Daken's animation
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll wrote:
    Alonto wrote:
    Why does R117 require additional permissions, specifically Device and app history, and Location?

They hinted at this earlier... they are listen... er... watching... icon_eek.gif

My guess is there's probably more truth to that than we'd like and these are for changes to S.H.I.E.L.D. Intercept that they aren't talking about, specifically targeted advertising. Again, just a guess, but I'd put money down that they want to know where you are and what apps you use to feed you more relevant commercials.
  • firethorne
    Pessi wrote:

And how is diluting the reward pool to include tokens that don't give 4*'s good? It just isn't as bad as the first guess, but it still isn't good.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    firethorne wrote:
    Pessi wrote:

And how is diluting the reward pool to include tokens that don't give 4*'s good? It just isn't as bad as the first guess, but it still isn't good.

Warning: I am not a mathematician and I'm doing my math fast and loose, so this could be heinously wrong:

Assuming the max number of intercepts we can get in a day is still fixed at 20 and that all rewards have an equal chance of being pulled, your chance at a 4* is functionally not diluted. Your chance of getting a 4* from a Heroic is 4.1%, and if Heroics were what, 1 of 8 possible awards, then your chance of getting a 4* from an intercept would have been 0.5125%? My math for probability might suck, so correct me if I'm wrong. By adding Elite tokens and making the Heroic token now 1 of 9 possible rewards, that only reduces your chances to 0.46%.... that's a change of about 0.057%. If you get all 20 rewards every day, that's 1.14% less of a chance to pull a 4* a day. So what, maybe one less 4* cover in a year?

Meanwhile, adding Elite tokens doubles your chances of pulling 3* covers from intercepts. 3* covers that can go towards champion rewards, which include 4* covers. So technically, if you have your 3* characters champed, you might end up with more 4* covers out of this deal.
  • mega ghost
    And I'm almost certain my probability calculations are incorrect and those percentages are even lower.

And also of note, I consider an Elite token better than 250 ISO and 10 HP, and possibly 25HP, so their inclusion improves the reward pool in that regard as well.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have a theory as to why we get variants rather than new characters. Here's what prompted it:

icon_caroldanvers.png Carol Danvers
    :thanos: Modern

It's all because making new icons is too hard.
  • firethorne
    mega ghost wrote:
    [

Warning: I am not a mathematician and I'm doing my math fast and loose, so this could be heinously wrong:

Meanwhile, adding Elite tokens doubles your chances of pulling 3* covers from intercepts. 3* covers that can go towards champion rewards, which include 4* covers. So technically, if you have your 3* characters champed, you might end up with more 4* covers out of this deal.

I disagree. First of all, we cannot assume that if on an average day prior to the change you got 2 tokens you'll now get 2 heroics and 2 elites. It is just as likely that they split the reward percentage allocated to tokens, and you still average two a day, but now it will be one heroic and one elite.

And even if it does end up at double tokens, the percentage of elites had to come from somewhere. So something else had to have gone down. That means less chance for 1000, 2000 ISO, 100 HP, etc.

The only way this isn't diluting the pool is if all of the percentages except the 250 ISO remained unchanged, and the percentage allocated for 250 ISO is now divided between 250 ISO or an elite. And I don't really trust that they'd be that generous.
  • mega ghost
    firethorne wrote:
    mega ghost wrote:
    [

I disagree. First of all, we cannot assume that if on an average day prior to the change you got 2 tokens you'll now get 2 heroics and 2 elites. It is just as likely that they split the reward percentage allocated to tokens, and you still average two a day, but now it will be one heroic and one elite.

And even if it does end up at double tokens, the percentage of elites had to come from somewhere. So something else had to have gone down. That means less chance for 1000, 2000 ISO, 100 HP, etc.

The only way this isn't diluting the pool is if all of the percentages except the 250 ISO remained unchanged, and the percentage allocated for 250 ISO is now divided between 250 ISO or an elite. And I don't really trust that they'd be that generous.

Once again making a disclaimer: I'm not a data scientist and now I'm doing math very drunk too.

Well, since Heroic tokens and Elite tokens both offer a ~24.6% chance of pulling a 3*, they are equal in that regard. So assuming we have an equal chance at all rewards each time we get an intercept, we went from a 1 out of 8 chance at a token that could pull a 3* to a 2 out of 9 chance at a token that can pull a 3*, so from from a 12.5% chance to a 22% chance. So not double, but close!

And yes, your chance at 2,000 ISO went from 1 out of 8 / 12.5% to 1 out of 9 / ~11% .... so your chances are only being diluted very slightly (by under 1.5%.)
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    mega ghost wrote:
    firethorne wrote:
    mega ghost wrote:
    [

Once again making a disclaimer: I'm not a data scientist and now I'm doing math very drunk too.

Well, since Heroic tokens and Elite tokens both offer a ~24.6% chance of pulling a 3*, they are equal in that regard. So assuming we have an equal chance at all rewards each time we get an intercept, we went from a 1 out of 8 chance at a token that could pull a 3* to a 2 out of 9 chance at a token that can pull a 3*, so from from a 12.5% chance to a 22% chance. So not double, but close!

And yes, your chance at 2,000 ISO went from 1 out of 8 / 12.5% to 1 out of 9 / ~11% .... so your chances are only being diluted very slightly (by under 1.5%.)

Personally as a 2* farmer I'm happy with the addition of elites as it makes my farm grow quicker. With heroics is seem to pull 3* characters which I don't roster (and are therefore just 500 iso to me)