R117 Release Notes - (1/3/17)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited January 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Hey Everyone

Here are the final release notes for the R117 patch update today!

MPQ R117!
Ring in the new year with a new high-flying, cosmically-powered Captain Marvel ready and raring to clean bad guy clocks.
Find out more about 4-Star Carol Danvers here: https://news.marvel.com/games/57497/pie ... in-marvel/

What's Changed:
    - The Power Shift screen is no longer displayed when adding a champion level to a character that you have multiple copies of.

Comments

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    lol, Is there anything else you want to add to the "what's changed" ? icon_e_wink.gif Downloading update now
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Too bad the R117 notes weren't out before the holidays. We could have spent the last week speculating on the clue. I'd guess it would have been "Lookin' butch!"
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Her moveset seems cool so far. Waiting on numbers.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    And at last Carol Danvers looks like Carol Danvers. And not a middle aged woman annoyed at losing that level in Candy Crush for the fifth time in a row.

I look forward to 10 months from now when I'll be able to champ her =P

Also, talk of a new Iron Man for her to work with. I'm going to assume Iron Heart but...I'm hoping we get a dual release of Iron Heart and Iron Doom in a big event of some kind.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    I look forward to 10 months from now when I'll be able to champ her =P
    They've obviously released her now so that people have time to cover her in time for her film coming out....
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby wrote:
    Find out more about 4-Star Carol Danvers here: https://news.marvel.com/games/57497/pie ... in-marvel/

If you are unable to find an Iron Man version to fight with, we are working on one that may actually work well with her in future that we can’t reveal yet.

BOOOOOO

So we start the new year with a variation of an existing character and the hint of ANOTHER variation of an existing character? Don't get me wrong, mechanically I love the new Captain Marvel, but with as many glaring absences from the roster, not to mention the dozens of others people would like to include, starting off the new year with 2 variants is bad form.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *Moved several posts regarding issue with ability costs to this thread: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=56765

Please keep posts relevant to the thread's topic. Thank you.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby wrote:
    *Moved several posts regarding issue with ability costs to this thread: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=56765

Are you seriously suggesting that at least a mention of that monumental mess up shouldn't also be in this topic too, at the very least an apology for chucking out R117 with zero testing would seem appropriate?

*Removed Profanity*
    - Brigby
  • spectator
    spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
    No he is saying since there is a thread about that bug it's a good place to aggregate the complaints/comments there
  • nyck1118
    nyck1118 Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Everyone knows the hunt would be.

I'd like to speak to your manager
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    How about this one Daken's Chemical Reaction has no animation?
    And I can now select characters on the other team in PVE
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Crowl wrote:
    Brigby wrote:

Are you seriously suggesting that at least a mention of that monumental mess up shouldn't also be in this topic too, at the very least an apology for chucking out R117 with zero testing would seem appropriate?

Well, they haven't tested a patch before release in months, so why would they apologize for this one in particular?
  • blinktag
    blinktag Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    The release notes in the App Store also said there was character rebalancing, and to check the forum for details.

I can't seem to find any.

What are the "rebalances"? (Yes, I know the IM40, obw, jugs is a bug.)
  • Bloody_Marvel
    Bloody_Marvel Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    Hi Brigby,

Can we get a list of upcoming events and Crash of the Titans?

Logically Medusa (Modern) should be next for Crash, or War Machine (James Rhodes) if there hasn't been enough time to level Medusa.

However, the vault suggests Ghost Rider (Johnny Blaze) is next, also skipping Wasp (Janet van Dyne) and Spider-woman (Jessica Drew).
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,733 Chairperson of the Boards
    Re: rebalance note. A major revision for the game occurs every two weeks. Within the (every other) revision are the changes to character(s) that occur after each season, at least for the time being. Of late, 4 and 5's have been improved to make under-used characters more appealing.

So the release notes, every other time, say "character rebalance" and contain unannounced rebalancing which will take effect after season end. The devs do not announce the specifics until - I think - Tuesday after season end, with changes kicking in the following Thursday.

As many have noted, the AP cost issue that is occurring is an unintended bug, not the character rebalance.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hi Brigby,

Logically Medusa (Modern) should be next for Crash, or War Machine (James Rhodes) if there hasn't been enough time to level Medusa.

However, the vault suggests Ghost Rider (Johnny Blaze) is next, also skipping Wasp (Janet van Dyne) and Spider-woman (Jessica Drew).

Medusa wouldn't be next because the cycle is alphabetical by secondary description (James, Janet, Jessica, Johnny....), she'd be slotted in after Punisher (Max). On the others, this was also included in that original announcement: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=51072
    As new characters are released, the character will be added to the list according to the pattern. There are two special cases where this is not true: 1) The character is being added to the order before players have enough time to develop the character and 2) special events like the anniversary (Devil Dino) and Duck Season (Howard the Duck).

The clarification on point 1 (given elsewhere) was that new characters have to be featured in PvE twice first. That hasn't been the case for any of those 3 (none have been featured since their release), thus they've all been skipped.
  • Starsaber
    Starsaber Posts: 206
    Hi Brigby,

There was a response in the January preview thread that they don't feature characters in Crash of the Titans until they've been essentials for 2 PVE events. War Machine, Wasp, and Spider-Woman fall into that category.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=56756&start=20#p619032
  • Alonto
    Alonto Posts: 1
    Why does R117 require additional permissions, specifically Device and app history, and Location?
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Alonto wrote:
    Why does R117 require additional permissions, specifically Device and app history, and Location?

They hinted at this earlier... they are listen... er... watching... icon_eek.gif
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,581 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hi Brigby,

Medusa wouldn't be next because the cycle is alphabetical by secondary description (James, Janet, Jessica, Johnny....), she'd be slotted in after Punisher (Max). On the others, this was also included in that original announcement: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=51072
    As new characters are released, the character will be added to the list according to the pattern. There are two special cases where this is not true: 1) The character is being added to the order before players have enough time to develop the character and 2) special events like the anniversary (Devil Dino) and Duck Season (Howard the Duck).

The clarification on point 1 (given elsewhere) was that new characters have to be featured in PvE twice first. That hasn't been the case for any of those 3 (none have been featured since their release), thus they've all been skipped.

Bloody Marvel actually misquoted her suffix. It's "Inhuman Queen," so technically she would have been next if she wasn't so new.