R117

Dalbok
Dalbok Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
edited January 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
I see this was released on iOS. Any updates that can be shared with us?

Comments

• Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2017
    General description says:
    - Bug fixes
    - character balance changes

I have not updated yet though

Edit:

Just updated. The only difference I can see is the icon, but no differences in the rest that I can see. We still have snow Thanos as the loading screen

Edit2: DONT UPDATE TO R117 , it breaks powers with reduced cost with more covers (Juggs, IM40, etc)
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I see the app store says 117 is available, but it is not giving me any option to update.
    Also the blog page detailing the updates in detail doesn't appear to exist either.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    I can confirm that in match IM40 now required 8 Ap to fire his yellow and states as such.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Some steam users are reporting funky AP costs. Seems like some powers are behaving as though they're first level - Juggs costing 10 AP, etc. Anyone not on Steam and has updated who's seeing the same thing?

Ah - so a nerf, not a bug?
  • snlf25
    My guess is that it's a nerf. Sure would be nice to have some communication around here. I'm on Android.
  • bigsmooth
    bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    I don't think it's a nerf, because it appears to be affecting all powers with variable costs. This actually "buffs" some powers like GSBW's red/green and MNMag's red/blue by making them cheaper for the same effects. People just noticed IM40 first because he gets used so much. Seems like a bug.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sounds of things it's a bug. In the roster screen it still says 6, though 8 in game. Apparently GSBW is only costing 15, though still showing 19 in roster.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Update is live on android, no update synopsis though
  • meekersX
    meekersX Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Thread in Bugs forum. Steam user here, R117. I'm almost certain it's a bug related to rebalancing. Juggernaut goes from being top tier to being awful, Magneto 2* becomes ridiculous.
  • snlf25
    fmftint wrote:
    Update is live on android, no update synopsis though
    Yeah, still shows the notes from 116.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Somebody dropped the ball on this big time.

1. Character balancing is supposed to occur off season not with 5 days left to go.

2. There should have been a preview announcement of r117 incoming. I for one am not comfortable downloading random updates that have not been communicated to me. Especially in light of the fact that they are generally pretty good on announcing that a new patch is comining and is a LEGITIMATE download from the developer and not some random malware.

This is exactly how malware developers target users. They rely on the fact that we follow habits and just accept the update without asking if it actually came from developers.

The fact that we have no announcement from the devs on this package is concerning and I won't update until I know that this is authorized by the devs.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    WE TEST, WE REALLY DO

after we push a update and bug reports are made
  • salve1
    salve1 Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
    maybe is bugged.. i see IM yellow at 6 but i play one game and cost 8
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    snlf25 wrote:
    My guess is that it's a nerf. Sure would be nice to have some communication around here. I'm on Android.

It is a bug.

In the character screen all Juggs powers and IM40 recharge are correctly displayed at 6, but then you start a match with them and Jugg powers are 10 and recharge is 8.

They obviously broke all powers that become cheaper with more covers.

Seriously teeeeesting devs, teeeeeeesting!!! This is annoying icon_e_sad.gif
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    so... some characters this sucks on.
    3 star widow gets a slight buff
    2 star widow is an AP stealing god now

niDhtnol.png
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    zulux21 wrote:

niDhtnol.png

This OBW “bug” will probably motivate them faster than IM40, alas.
  • Ebolamonkey84
    Ebolamonkey84 Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Tatercat wrote:
    zulux21 wrote:

niDhtnol.png

Can someone with the patch already see if TUs are similarly affected? OBW might become more popular than MBW as TU queen.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    It was either a failed rebalance because they don't test or a failed patch because they don't test. Either way - well, you know. icon_e_smile.gif
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    Tatercat wrote:
    zulux21 wrote:

niDhtnol.png[img][/img]

Can someone with the patch already see if TUs are similarly affected? OBW might become more popular than MBW as TU queen.
    it does seem to do that as well
    wBWwufCl.png

so yeah she is a godly team up right now lol.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,733 Chairperson of the Boards
    Worth pointing out:
    1. No one was in office until today to do any announcement. Poor planning perhaps. Not malicious.
    2. There is an update every two weeks, apparently independent of holidays etc.
    3. The character rebalance is referencing what occurs at end of each season. Some - probably 4* or two - will be changed next week. No details will be given or changes go through until (Thurs?) after season end. The note is there now, just like last time the update preceded the season end.

The AP issue seems to be a bug unrelated to the rebalance.