Future Clashes

2»

Comments

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    DuckyV wrote:
    A dev on Discord earlier today said that if a character hasn't had 2 featured PvE events, then they get skipped over. This explains why the list skipped to Ghost Rider and should clear up the confusion.
    It would be nice if they distributed this sort of information on the OFFICIAL MPQ forums
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    GrimSkald wrote:
    DuckyV wrote:
    A dev on Discord earlier today said that if a character hasn't had 2 featured PvE events, then they get skipped over. This explains why the list skipped to Ghost Rider and should clear up the confusion.

Huh. Well, that's a good way to judge newness, then. The original announcement should have been phrased a bit differently, I think - the implication is very strong that this was the order and they would add newer characters to it.
    Agreed on both counts. I think it's worth D3/Demiurge doing an announcement on it. Preferably with an updated list of the DDQ Crash order as it exists today.

Requiring the character to be an essential in 2 PVEs first is a pretty clever idea -- especially with Clearance Levels now, where players are actually getting a cover for that character through progression. That does mean that new characters will take a really long time to be added to Crash of the Titans though...

There were 93 PVE events in 2016, and there are currently 42 4* characters that can be essential (I'm counting Howard for Webbed Wonder, but leaving out Devil Dino). Each new 4* gets a release event followed by that character being essential in the next story event. That means a newly released character likely won't enter the DDQ Crash rotation until approximately 6 months after release (after they've hit the PVE essential rotation again, and then when their DDQ Crash comes up)...? That gap will get longer and longer as more 4*s are released, since there will be more to fit into the PVE essential rotation.

Wasn't War Machine released around WS time? He's had his COTT. Carter was released well after both? She's had her COTT. Doesn't really makes sense to me.

Required characters for PvE don't go in order of release. It's entirely possible that those two have come up and War Machine hasn't.
  • TimGunn
    TimGunn Posts: 257 Mover and Shaker
    Bondidude wrote:
    GrimSkald wrote:
    DuckyV wrote:

If War Machine was an essential after his release (as I assume he was) then he has been essential at least one other time as well in PvE, so they shouldn't have skipped him.

Yes, War Machine was essential in prior run (September) of ISO-8 Brotherhood. viewtopic.php?f=20&t=50249

Maybe they will work him in next week...
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    TimGunn wrote:
    Yes, War Machine was essential in prior run (September) of ISO-8 Brotherhood. viewtopic.php?f=20&t=50249

How many times has Bucky come up as essential post Civil War runs? The only thing I can think of is that they didn't count that event, and Bucky's come up twice and War Machine only once.
  • Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    TimGunn wrote:

How many times has Bucky come up as essential post Civil War runs? The only thing I can think of is that they didn't count that event, and Bucky's come up twice and War Machine only once.

What about Carter? How did she get two before War Machine when he was the second leg of the original CW run in March or April and she was the second run much later.
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    Given we know they can do two pins this seems like the obvious solution. Run the 3 characters skipped over the next 3 cycles alongside the characters you are skipping to - for those they are to knew for they still have a shot at an LT - for those lucky enough to have covers and ISO to level they can hit both - hardly going to break the in game economy and would address the bad faith of publishing a list that people plan investment of scares resources based upon to find its not being followed.
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    TimGunn wrote:

What about Carter? How did she get two before War Machine when he was the second leg of the original CW run in March or April and she was the second run much later.
    Peggy was recently the reward in Boss Rush so maybe she was featured in the pve after that.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would think being a reward in a boss event pretty much counts as 3 pve event rewards.

And my memory is fuzziness here, but WM was released before SCL, so his initial pve essential might not count if being essential also equals pve progression reward now.