Future Clashes

loslupus77
loslupus77 Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
edited January 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Looking at latest Taco vault showed GR as 4* prize. So it means that they are skipping WM, Wasp and Spider-Woman as Clash of the Titan essentials (the supposed order according to MPQ Gamependium https://mpq.gamependium.com/ddq/ )? Even though all of those three are currently at level 70 and GR is already champed, I still would have preferred some new fights.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just Dropped In
    I remember the developers randomized Clash of the titans essentials a few weeks ago.
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,388 Chairperson of the Boards
    Official Announcement

Based on that, I would have expected WM, Wasp, Spider-Woman.
  • skipping all three is a bit of a surprise. dont mind wasp being skipped, but my war machine and spiderwoman were pretty well set.
  • Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2017
    War machine has been around for a while now, no reason to skip him. Really lame. Some communication now and then would be nice.
  • 11rileyj
    11rileyj Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    War Machine came out with Winter Soldier right? WS's Clash was awhile ago too. What a drag, I thought that I had 20 days to level Ghost Rider.

Edited for grammar.
  • Pinko_McFly
    Pinko_McFly Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker
    I'm hoping that they just forgot to plan for War Machines match before their break and just threw Ghost Rider in since he is the next on the list that already had the match planned.
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    I was also planning on War Machine and have been levelling him accordingly so that he'd be ready for his Clash.

I think my GR is good enough to win also, but I probably could have used that ISO elsewhere.... if true, this is a little underwhelming.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Strange that they would skip War Machine. Mine has 11 covers, so I would have been ok. Guess the devs didn't think enough people had them covered enough to win. Surprisingly compassionate of them.
  • JFisch
    JFisch Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Considering Bucky and WM's releases were, at most, 3 weeks apart, WM should have been next. I guess that means Star-Lord is next in the queue, unless we've got another Sam Wilson/Peggy Carter alphabet curfluffle.

Though it does call into question whether Moon Knight will get a turn this time. Has Punisher run before? If so, Moon Knight is the last newer one to even have a shot at being run before we loop back around.
  • TimGunn
    TimGunn Posts: 257 Mover and Shaker
    Peggy was released after War Machine, and we already had hers. This is a bust on the devs part.

Hoping Spider-Woman's taco vault will be different than the previous schedule (if they end up doing her at all, I mean). I have 300+ in one vault and 10 in the other. And she is one of the few 4 stars I still need cards for.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Here's the thing - War Machine, Wasp, and Spider-Woman are in that list. Here is how they stated the list would be updated:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    As new characters are released, the character will be added to the list according to the pattern. There are two special cases where this is not true: 1) The character is being added to the order before players have enough time to develop the character and 2) special events like the anniversary (Devil Dino) and Duck Season (Howard the Duck).

So those three characters should have been up next - they flat-out stated the order. Theoretically, Gwenpool could have come before Spider-Gwen, but she probably wasn't added to the list for the above reason (too new.) Medusa is definitely too new to be added now, unless they're being particularly sadistic.

I mean, I don't really care that much - my War Machine is champed but my Wasp and Spider-Woman aren't even close. They're probably good enough to do the Clash, and I was actually kind of looking forward to the Challenge but >shrug<. I'm curious to know why they're deviating from the announcement, though. Was the announcement wrong - i.e. this is the order, but we're going to skip the newer characters this time?
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    My WM, SW and Wasp are good enough, most likely. I guess they'll be added in the next cycle instead.
  • NNCSavage
    NNCSavage Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    Does seem odd since we had Peggy, Kate, and WS already in clashes.

The other question is when are we getting more Clash?
    When it started we had 16 4* (17 with Dino but he isn't in tokens)
    Now we have over 40 - seems like we need 2 per 5 days to help build all those new 4*s! maybe?
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I selfishly hope they skip to Ghost Rider. I doubt my 0/1/1 Medusa and 0/0/1 Wasp can win. My 2/1/2 War Machine maybe, but I'd rather not throw ISO on such a meh character.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    A dev on Discord earlier today said that if a character hasn't had 2 featured PvE events, then they get skipped over. This explains why the list skipped to Ghost Rider and should clear up the confusion.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bonny2712 wrote:
    I remember the developers randomized Clash of the titans essentials a few weeks ago.

The crashes were re-ordered. They were not randomized. They cycle alphabetically based on each characrer's subtitle (in the parentheses).

Newer characters are skipped for an undefined period of time. Skipping spider woman, and even wasp sort of makes sense as they arrived in summer 2016, but war machine is 8 or 9 months old now. If he is too new for a crash than i uave no idea what to expect.

Also, we have already had a crash for peggy who arrived maybe 2 months later than WM, and around the same time as wasp.

So it seems like either someone at demi made a mistake. Or the dev in charge of scheduling crashes has changed and the new person has a different opinion about what constitutes "too new."
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    DuckyV wrote:
    A dev on Discord earlier today said that if a character hasn't had 2 featured PvE events, then they get skipped over. This explains why the list skipped to Ghost Rider and should clear up the confusion.

Huh. Well, that's a good way to judge newness, then. The original announcement should have been phrased a bit differently, I think - the implication is very strong that this was the order and they would add newer characters to it.
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    GrimSkald wrote:
    DuckyV wrote:

Huh. Well, that's a good way to judge newness, then. The original announcement should have been phrased a bit differently, I think - the implication is very strong that this was the order and they would add newer characters to it.
    Agreed on both counts. I think it's worth D3/Demiurge doing an announcement on it. Preferably with an updated list of the DDQ Crash order as it exists today.

Requiring the character to be an essential in 2 PVEs first is a pretty clever idea -- especially with Clearance Levels now, where players are actually getting a cover for that character through progression. That does mean that new characters will take a really long time to be added to Crash of the Titans though...

There were 93 PVE events in 2016, and there are currently 42 4* characters that can be essential (I'm counting Howard for Webbed Wonder, but leaving out Devil Dino). Each new 4* gets a release event followed by that character being essential in the next story event. That means a newly released character likely won't enter the DDQ Crash rotation until approximately 6 months after release (after they've hit the PVE essential rotation again, and then when their DDQ Crash comes up)...? That gap will get longer and longer as more 4*s are released, since there will be more to fit into the PVE essential rotation.
  • Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    GrimSkald wrote:
    DuckyV wrote:

Agreed on both counts. I think it's worth D3/Demiurge doing an announcement on it. Preferably with an updated list of the DDQ Crash order as it exists today.

Requiring the character to be an essential in 2 PVEs first is a pretty clever idea -- especially with Clearance Levels now, where players are actually getting a cover for that character through progression. That does mean that new characters will take a really long time to be added to Crash of the Titans though...

There were 93 PVE events in 2016, and there are currently 42 4* characters that can be essential (I'm counting Howard for Webbed Wonder, but leaving out Devil Dino). Each new 4* gets a release event followed by that character being essential in the next story event. That means a newly released character likely won't enter the DDQ Crash rotation until approximately 6 months after release (after they've hit the PVE essential rotation again, and then when their DDQ Crash comes up)...? That gap will get longer and longer as more 4*s are released, since there will be more to fit into the PVE essential rotation.

Wasn't War Machine released around WS time? He's had his COTT. Carter was released well after both? She's had her COTT. Doesn't really makes sense to me.
  • Bondidude
    Bondidude Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    GrimSkald wrote:
    DuckyV wrote:

Wasn't War Machine released around WS time? He's had his COTT. Carter was released well after both? She's had her COTT. Doesn't really makes sense to me.

If War Machine was an essential after his release (as I assume he was) then he has been essential at least one other time as well in PvE, so they shouldn't have skipped him.