A Year of Champ

Options
TimGunn
TimGunn Posts: 257 Mover and Shaker
edited January 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
IIRC, the champion feature was released about a year ago. Think this was generally agreed to be a HUGE improvement.

So how are your champs doing? How many do you have and what is your highest one year out? 3-* and 4-* only.

As for me, eventually champed all 3-* (excluding Thanos for now). Best is Steve Rogers and Lazy Thor, both at 225. Not even halfway yet!

On 4-*, my first champ was Hulkbuster. He is at 283 now. 19 champed at this tier. Latest one champed was Ghost Rider.

Comments

• DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    3* Cap is at 207, GSBW is at 201, Groot is at 200 even. Nobody else in 3* land is across that Rubicon, although I have every 3* championed except Sentry, Strange, and Thanos.

In 4* land, I just championed my 6th character - the order has gone Fury, Star-Lord, Jean Grey, Hulkbuster, Deadpool, Captain Falcon - and I have two more 4* at 13 covers who can champion in Thing and Ghost Rider.

None of my 4* champions are higher than 273, though.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just Dropped In
    Options
    My 3* Champions are all, except of Dr. Strange an Thanos. IM40 is at 206, GSBW is at 204, Gamora is at 204 to.

My 4* Champions are 13 - the order is Invisible Woman at 281, Cyclops at 278, Elektra at 277, Carnage at 275, Deadpool at 274, TAHulk at 274, WXF at 274, Iceman at 273, ProX at 273.....

All my 2* are max championed, except of Human Thorch.
  • Uthgarprime
    Uthgarprime Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Options
    All 3's except Strange and Thanos championed, Thor is at 211, 9 total 3's at 200 or better.
    7 4*'s championed, Elektra is the highest at 276. 4 more at max covers and soon to be championed.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    All my 3*s except Thanos are champed, only Strange and Ragnarok are below 183.
    Despite not having a feeder from the farm, Rocket and Groot are still managing to lead the way at 221, with the pack of Cap, Hulk, Black Widow, Magneto and Thor at 217-219 the only other ones to pass the half way point. 30 in total over 200.

17 4*s champed, with Hulkbuster and Jean leading the way at 286, and a large bunch at 11-13 covers clamouring for iso to join them.
  • Piro_plock
    Piro_plock Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Highest 4* champs: HB@318 (almost halfway there), Cyke@316
    Highest 3* champs: Hulk@250 (getting pretty close!), R&G@248, LCap@248
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I had all threestars at max level when The champion system launched, so they were all championed ASAP. Now Rocket and Groot is my highest at level 239 while Cyclops is the lowest at 199. Thanos isn't covermaxed yet, I haven't recruited Strange.
    On the fourstar front, I have 32 champions. Thor is leading the pack at level 304 while Peggy and Bucky are my newest champions at 271.
    On the fivestar front, Phoenix and OML are championed with a handful of champion levels each.
    Numbers would probably have been bitter IF I hadn't taken a two month sabbatical...
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Options
    All 3*s championed except Strange and Thanos. Hulk is tops at 202 with everyone else 199-175.

Only started championing 4* since the anniversary because I wasn't going to let the Dino covers be wasted; he is my highest at 277. I have 7 championed all told and I only have one 4* remaining that can become championed, Elektra. icon_e_confused.gif
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    When champ came out, I had about 18 or so 3* at 166, only 4 2* maxed, and no max covered 4*. I think I had 2 1 or 2 cover 5*.

Now I have all 3* champed minus a 3/5/3 Thanos (highest 265), 30 4* champed (highest 318) with all but 3 cover maxed, and 3 champed 5*s. I think I did pretty well for myself.
  • Markot
    Markot Posts: 85 Match Maker
    Options
    When championing started, my 3* were all max covered at levels 125-150. I finished championing them in May (last one was Hood). From new ones Strange is champed now, Thanos is at 11 covers. Highest level is 222 Scarlet Witch, 29 of them are level 200+, worst are Punisher lvl 192 and Strange lvl 180.

Then I was leveling my 4*. During anniversary in October I had 10 of them at lvl200 and 15-20 at level 165 and I started championing them (Devil Dino was first). After 2.5 months I have 18 champions, highest level is 284 X-23, together they have 113 champ levels. Another 18 are cover maxed and waiting for ISO, 4 are at 11-12 covers, 3 at 9 covers.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    25 3 Star Champs (most recently Colossus)
    no 4 Star Champs (only 2 with 13 covers and 1 with 12)
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I started after champions existed, on day 298.

I have all 3*s champed except for Thanos.

Top 3 highest leveled:
    Iron Man - 199
    Colossus - 196
    Thor - 194

Bottom 3 lowest leveled (Thanos excluded):
    Bullseye - 170
    Squirrel Girl - 171
    Scarlet Witch - 172

No 4*s champed yet, 100% rostered.

Most covered:
    Punisher - 12
    Wolverine - 12
    Iron Man - 11

Least Covered:
    Blade - 1
    Venom (Agent Venom) - 1
    Wasp - 1

Currently hoarding CP, LTs, and ISO for a big run on 4*s in the near future.
    CP - 991
    LT - 24
    ISO - 805,316
  • xidragonxi
    xidragonxi Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I've been going back and championing all the 3*s that I didn't bother with when the feature first started. I'm doing this because I haven't been making much 5* progress, and I'm satisfied with my 4* roster, so while I hoard CP and legendary tokens, I'm finishing my 3* tier.

All 3*s championed except for Strange, Thanos, Daredevil (he's next), Psylocke, Mystique, and Sentry. Highest champ is Groot at 232 and Hulk at 226.

29 4*s championed. Highest is Hulkbuster at 303 and Ant-Man at 298. I have 5 more 4*s fully covered and they'll get championed at some point. Moon Knight is probably first after I finish the 3*s.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    All 3s champed, highest Mostorm, LCap, Daken, Hulk at 259+
    39 champed 4s, highest in the low 320s, 16 above 300.
    3 champed 5s, with a fourth coming whenever I get to 550k ISO.

Sure didn't feel like it during the year, but quite a bit of progress.
    Thanks to the dilution of classics, my fifth 5 will be at 2/7/6 forevermore.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    All 3s champed except Thanos - he's covered and at 140 and will be champed once I save a bit more ISO.

26 4*s champed. Only...6? left that are covered but not champed.

Highest 3* is Kamala Khan at 248, highest 4* is Jean Grey at 301.

No max-covered 5*s yet, much less champs.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    All 3s except Thanos, highest 3* is Blade @228. 4 others across the 223 line. Remarkably, one of the first I champed, Cyclops, is only 194 still.

Twenty-three 4s, with 24th pending iso, and then a bunch more fully covered that I guess I'll do next because I don't have any 5s needing iso urgently. Highest 4* is IMHB at 314, Fury 302, then a few at 296+

Two 5s, with a 12/3/0 PHX that became 11/4/0 thanks to CS but is otherwise laughing like a hyena.

Hoarding CP/LT for the near future until either I have enough pulls to go nuts with the LLs or something changes with the classics.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    All 3*s champed except Strange (12 covers) and Thanos (6 covers). Highest is Storm at 206, Cap at 205, and Daken at 204.

Nine 4*s champed. Nine more at 13 covers and awaiting enough iso. Highest is Hulkbuster and Thor at 277 and Iceman at 275.

Zero 5*s fully covered. Best are 3/4/2 Surfer and 5/1/0 Goblin.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,535 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm on day 1002, so I've been at this for a while. When the Champion system was implemented, I had two 4*s max-leveled and 24 of the 3*s (thanks MPQ Compendium!) All my 3*s were fully covered. I started maxing out the characters one by one - I added some 4*s pretty quickly that I had extra covers for, then focused a bit on the 3*s, then went back to the 4*s when I got more of those covers. I got to my last 3* in early October (the Vision) which is about when I started championing any 4* that I got a good number of covers for - it snowballed on from there.

At this point I have all the 3*s (except Thanos) and 33 of the 4*s champed. My 2*s are on the endless cycle of champ and sell - it yields good tokens and HP. I've actually run out of cover-maxed 4*s to Champ, something that makes me very happy, though I'm sure it won't last.

My highest level 3* is MoStorm at 240 - the 2* cycle feeds that too - but most of my 3*s are clustered around 210. My highest level 4* is Hulkbuster at 305, the 4*s are more evenly distributed between 272 and 303.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    All the 3*s champed except Thanos. Highest one is IM40 at 235, but most are between levels 210-230. It's nice because I'm starting to get the 2nd 4* cover (level 223) and the 2nd LT (level 227) from a lot of them.

I have 31 4* champs, with Hulkbuster as my highest at 305. When boosted, he's a viable replacement for a 5* ability-wise, just doesn't have the match damage. Maybe in 10 or so levels I can try him out and see how good he is in PvP against 5*s.

I have OML and Surfer champed in the 5* realm, with Phoenix, Spidey and IM46 with 11 covers. With the crazy dilution of the classic tokens, I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to champ them.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Options
    All 3*s except Strange and Thanos are champed. When it was introduced I had all but 4 at max covers I think, none at 166. IM40, Sentry, Gamora, and Doc Oc were the last to champ, they always got sold to open roster spots. Then IM40 was rebalanced and I was left behind. He caught up now, only Sentry and Doc Oc are under 183.
    11 4* champs, with 6 others fully covered, and a few covers expiring for them. Might champ Peggy even if I don't have a 14th cover yet.
    4* Cyclops is my highest at 278
    3* Magneto and Thor are at 208
    Champion rewards seem to help a lot with my hp more than anything else. I always have enough to open a spot for a new character. 2* farm going pretty well, almost any elite token is a champ level
  • Square-Chopper
    Square-Chopper Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Options
    All 3*s are champed with 26 of them maxed out at 266. Eventually I suppose I'll start building 3* dupes.

All 4*s are champed with the exception of the two newest (Agent Venom at 10 covers and Medusa at 9) and I haven't bothered to champ the dino or the duck. Both are cover maxed so I probably will champ them the next time their respective events roll around.

6 5* champs. As others have said, Classics are a fools errand at this point. I was lucky enough to get OML and Phoenix early on. IM46 I mostly covered while he was in Latest and got one lucky pull from Classics for my 13th cover, haven't pulled another since. Banner, Bolt, and Widow I champed from Latest more recently. Strangely enough, my highest is Black Bolt at 465. Not complaining about that one though.