Is anyone going to build 3* thanos 0/5/5?

Comments

• Yoik
    Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Too late. I've champed him . Just because.

If I get a cover for him ill enjoy the champ benefits whatever they may be but other then essentials he is just a toon that I will not use.

If his death power worked differently or just hit less hard he maybe viable in events along side dr strange and oml maybe for speed but other then that. No.
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    He is excellent reason to use your "trash characters" for example 1 cover 5-stars and they can eat court death all they want.
  • Inarius
    Inarius Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    just gonna champ him for the red hulk covers icon_e_biggrin.gif

other than that till his black gets toned down, I ain't gonna be using him
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    if they give him Red Hulk, I suppose they will give Thor a new champion reward character. Most probably a hero.
    Anyways, I will champion Thanos and use it with my champed Sentry because why not.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Am i the only one who think his passive is awesome? icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Mechahamster
    Mechahamster Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    veny wrote:
    Am i the only one who think his passive is awesome? icon_e_biggrin.gif

Depends on how much you play. For any player who is aiming for placement he's utter garbage because your health packs don't regenerate quickly enough to keep up with all the damage your team takes.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    bigsmooth wrote:
    I thought about it until I found out he gives icon_redhulk.png covers as his champ rewards. I figure that is enough reason to champ him, even if I never use him.

That, to me, is dumb. We already have something that gives out Red Hulk covers and plenty of 4*s unrepresented in 3* champ land. If anything he should give out Drax covers.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    No, I plan to champ him.

While some of his numbers are surprising, he's clearly death on a stick. A 553 Thanos will blast through trivials and seeds. Pair him up with expendable toons you weren't using anyway.

Like when baking a cake.

Or like when retreat boosting icon_lol.gif

The problem I have with this tactic that you have to grind those trivial nodes multiple times in a row for pve. OML/Strange/IF (or medusa if you have her leveled) will grind those trivial nodes almost as quickly and won't require me to select new expendable teammates from the bottom of roster in between matches. Thanos may be lightning fast on a single node, but for 6-9 in a row? I will go with sustainable speed. . .
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Vhailorx wrote:
    No, I plan to champ him.

While some of his numbers are surprising, he's clearly death on a stick. A 553 Thanos will blast through trivials and seeds. Pair him up with expendable toons you weren't using anyway.

Like when baking a cake.

The problem I have with this tactic that you have to grind those trivial nodes multiple times in a row for pve. OML/Strange/IF (or medusa if you have her leveled) will grind those trivial nodes almost as quickly and won't require me to select new expendable teammates from the bottom of roster in between matches. Thanos may be lightning fast on a single node, but for 6-9 in a row? I will go with sustainable speed. . .

Well when having 92 characters, 6-9x2 team mates are sacrificable so no problem icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    mckauhu wrote:
    Well when having 92 characters, 6-9x2 team mates are sacrificable so no problem icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Yes. Thank you. The people here that must only use 4 characters from their entire roster are pretty quick to complain...
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yoik wrote:
    Too late. I've champed him . Just because.

If I get a cover for him ill enjoy the champ benefits whatever they may be but other then essentials he is just a toon that I will not use.

If his death power worked differently or just hit less hard he maybe viable in events along side dr strange and oml maybe for speed but other then that. No.

Can you post the damage values for Court Death at 3, 4 and 5 covers at whatever level you have him, and when boosted in his event?
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    Using him on trivial nodes this pve, pair him OML or other true healers (OML works great because strike tiles actually matter in dmg done to enemy, not against you)

Kill 1 goon, match is over. It's actually faster than Strang3.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    I'm going to champ him and never use him, hope being they will fix him. They can't all be awesome like Strange.
  • jaworeq
    jaworeq Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    In PVP I only care about 400 points reward, getting there was surprisingly easy with IM40 and KK.
    Most of the fights I was able to finish with AoE against all enemy team, so no health lost on my side.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    mckauhu wrote:
    Vhailorx wrote:
    No, I plan to champ him.

Like when baking a cake.

His point isn't about sacrificing those characters, rather the length of time it takes to select new ones from the tail end of the roster every match or two, slowing down the grind vs a fast team without the health pack drain.
    I ran OML and Daken to see how they worked, and in three goes of the first node (ultra fast) Daken was dead and OML had 7000 health missing.
    A faster alternative would be to run OML and 4*/3* champs you ain't going to use that day, just mash their health pools.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Smudge wrote:
    You have to down an enemy character for Court Death to trigger. That means you're only ever doing damage to 2 enemy characters with it, ergo the team damage is higher at 3-4 covers (assuming your full team is still standing, too).

Maybe PunMax makes a good teammate? I assume CD won't trigger if Thanos is stunned.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    Calnexin wrote:
    Maybe PunMax makes a good teammate? I assume CD won't trigger if Thanos is stunned.

That is correct, Thano's black wont trigger if he's stunned.
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    I'm seriously getting into this debate with myself now, since I have him covered at 0/4/3 and have 3 black covers sitting in my queue. I just finished him PvP event, and that went pretty well. I felt like I had a total advantage over other people who had his black covers, or were using the 1/1/1 volunteer.

He's... mediocre at what he does, but not completely worthless. Helped with the damage a little, but not as well as other characters I could list. Might be sorta maybe playable if I had him at 0/5/5 and he was boosted? I don't want to throw that much playability away to give him a passive I hate, but I don't know, maybe they'll fix him at some point before he becomes a essential character again? I could always build a second, but I hate to think of throwing HP and 10 covers at that.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    3* Court Death is seriously the worst ability in the game. It makes Carnage look like a stand-up guy.
  • Markot
    Markot Posts: 86 Match Maker
    3* Court Death is the best ability in the game for beating LR seed teams in my roster (https://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/markot/). I have Thanos build 443 lvl140 so far. Using loaner, Thanos and OML (211, lvl255) I can beat like 5 seed teams in row very fast and then OML dies. If I currently don't need health packs for something else, I use one for him and finish the rest of seed teams. If I want to save healh packs, I simply switch to some other lvl255 5* (none is above 10 covers, all are lvl255, so I'm not using them in standard PVP or PVE events). Against Loki its kill the 1* with lowest health and done. Other 3* have like 300-1000 health left after Court Death (this will change when my Thanos gets 5th black and will be champed).