2017 MPQ Resolution Time

likwid6
likwid6 Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
edited February 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
As a chronic sufferer of what I like to call Cash-20CP-in-ASAP disease, I've been inspired by recent statistical posts outlining what it takes to max cover Latest Legends in one go. (Having to trash six 4* covers this month also helps)

That said, I've resolved that 2017 will be the year I make some true progress on my 5* roster.

My goal is to save 300 pulls worth of Latest Legends by Dec 31st, 2017. This will start with my day 934 resupply of a Legendary Token on Jan 1st, 2017! (how serendipitous...)

The rules I've set for myself are:
    Save all CP. Track all earnings via Google spreadsheet. Save LTs from all champ rewards, daily rewards, CoT victories, etc. Also track via spreadsheet. Event tokens (e.g. Purple Reign, Civil War, etc) are okay to redeem Post monthly updates to the board for accountability Escape Clause: If 5* Scarlet Spider (Ben Reilly) gets added to the game, immediately blow entire stash in an attempt to max him ASAP

What about you guys? Any MPQ resolutions/things you'd like to get done in- game this coming year?

Comments

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    In 2017, I'll try to hit max prog in pvp even a fraction of the times I used to hit it in 2015.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    My MPQ resolution is remember it's just a game. You don't need to take time away from your family to play a game. You don't need to spend a bunch of money on a free game. It's just a game.
  • Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    broll wrote:
    My MPQ resolution is remember it's just a game. You don't need to take time away from your family to play a game. You don't need to spend a bunch of money on a free game. It's just a game.
    There's a lot of frivolous things you could say that about. If we took that attitude towards things in life we wouldn't have recreational activities at all.

Your perspective needs perspective.
  • Histamiel
    Histamiel Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    From now, I will try to hoard all my tokens until I max out all my current roster. I was never able to hoard before.
    Now I have more than 13 fully-covered star.pngstar.pngstar.png I want to champ and I don't want waste any additional cover.
  • Mr_Sinister
    Histamiel wrote:
    From now, I will try to hoard all my tokens until I max out all my current roster. I was never able to hoard before.
    Now I have more than 13 fully-covered star.pngstar.pngstar.png I want to champ and I don't want waste any additional cover.
    The problem is twofold; ISO generation slows to a crawl and XP gains do as well.

Works better after 3* tier.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Spend less
    Hop less
    Shield check less
    Hit prog in PVE more
    Spend more time with my family
  • broll
    broll wrote:
    There's a lot of frivolous things you could say that about. If we took that attitude towards things in life we wouldn't have recreational activities at all.

I'm not having problems with over/under use in those other areas, this is my resolution based on my circumstance, not yours...
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Stop playing after reaching top progression in PVE (not uber-grind for placement)
    Stop playing after reaching 4* progression reward in PVP at 900 pts
    Hit LRs more often at start for easy seed battles
    Build roster broadly so that no covers go to "waste" (converted to ISO b/c I couldn't use toward build or as a champ level)
  • Alkyoneus
    Alkyoneus Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    I'm doing the same thing as OP; saving all CP towards whaling Latest Legends. I'm going to maximize the time spent ingame so I spend less time playing the game beyond getting full progression.

2017 will be a good year.
  • Mr_Sinister
    broll wrote:
    broll wrote:

I'm not having problems with over/under use in those other areas, this is my resolution based on my circumstance, not yours...

If it helps, eventually the idea they WANT to spend time with you is just your own hubris, not reality. Then you'll be able to guilt them for never hanging out.
  • deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    likwid6 wrote:
    The rules I've set for myself are:
      Save all CP. Track all earnings via Google spreadsheet. Save LTs from all champ rewards, daily rewards, CoT victories, etc. Also track via spreadsheet. Event tokens (e.g. Purple Reign, Civil War, etc) are okay to redeem Post monthly updates to the board for accountability

Not sure if you have seen this, but it might make tracking your earnings easier. It's mostly set up for tracking covers, but you could easily add a page or column to an existing page for CP/LTs...etc
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I definitely need to spend less. Gotta resist that sunk cost fallacy more often.
    Stupid vaults. "But hey, maybe the next 10-pack you get iwll give you that 4* you need!"

And then you get nine 2*s and an elite token...
  • xKOBALTx
    xKOBALTx Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    Resolution #1
    Continue and complete my current 4* champing goal: https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=54662&start=20#p597868. I'm up to 32 champs. I've completed four more 13-cover builds since that post, so I still have five champs left to go. My remaining 4* characters are unlikely to have complete builds until after I stop hoarding.

While I understand and appreciate this newly popular strategy to hoard all CP/LT for a large Latest push (such as the OP), I can't do it myself. At least not entirely. Converting CP into Latest pulls is just wasting too many other covers in my eyes. So while I will not hoard CP for Latest pulls beyond completion of Resolution #1, I will...

Resolution #2
    Continue hoarding all of my LT's for a large Latest push. Like I said, I can appreciate the idea if not the execution. This is a much longer term play, but essentially getting the same result without the (perceived) losses.

Current hoard: 87 token_legendary.png and 2568 commandpointsbig.png.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Try to have fun.

I think I missed 3 1300/1200 in PVP in season (few more in offseason) the whole year.
    Missed zero stuff in PVE, always 7/7, didn't finish lower than t20, mostly t10.

As a result, I champed all 3s, 38 4s, and 3 5s (soon to be 4).

But this feels like a second job now.

I'll probably finish the 4* tier (only 3 cover maxed ones to go), then maybe slow down a little and leisurely work on leveling my remaining 5s.
    See if "fun" comes back when I'm not racing expiring 4* covers anymore.
    Maybe just play around in PVP instead of grabbing my 1200 in 90 minutes and then GTFO.

I dunno.
    Looking at my backlog on all my consoles makes me wonder if the time I spend on MPQ couldn't be better spent on something where I'm not on the clock.
    All.
    The.
    Time.
  • broll
    broll wrote:
    broll wrote:

If it helps, eventually the idea they WANT to spend time with you is just your own hubris, not reality. Then you'll be able to guilt them for never hanging out.

62819680.jpg
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    1) Finish Black Suit Spidey and Green Goblin.

I've been spending 100% of CP on classics for at least 6 months (whenever spidey moved over) and he's at 10 covers along with Goblin. The quest to finish these characters has really slowed with all the new 5's but I refuse to give up on them. It if takes all year and having to buy a few covers using 720 CP then I'll do it.

2) Continue hoarding Latest Legends covers until I can comfortably champion 3x latest.

The original goal to accomplish this was 300 LT's. With news that swaps in latest is coming to an end my new goal is 500 unless some new feature gets added to change things. It's entirely possible I won't earn 500 LT's by the end of 2017 as that depends entirely on how things go with BSS and GG in goal 1). Once I finish both I can start saving CP for latest covers.

3) Try not to give up in the meantime.

So if goals 1) and 2) sound kind of dreadful then welcome to my MPQ experience for the bulk of 2016. 5 star progression is intentionally slow and this lack of progress is very painful. I've almost literally run Phx/OML for every single event in all of 2016 and until goal 1) is complete that's not going to change. Heck, it may not even change once either of those two are championed. The point is that the endgame moves too slow and beyond these motivational goals its really hard to justify why I'm still playing the game at all. Here's hoping the game evolves soon or that my RNG is good enough to keep me going through 2017.
  • TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    My resolution is same as it ever was: keep progressing.

Simple, and easy to accomplish.
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    Just continue in 2017 how I finished in 2016:
    - don't spend any more money (if they don't care about Steam users, I'll put my $$ elsewhere)
    - ignore all 7-day events
    - only play when I feel like it

Works like a charm.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    babinro wrote:
    1) Finish Black Suit Spidey and Green Goblin.

I've been spending 100% of CP on classics for at least 6 months (whenever spidey moved over) and he's at 10 covers along with Goblin. The quest to finish these characters has really slowed with all the new 5's but I refuse to give up on them. It if takes all year and having to buy a few covers using 720 CP then I'll do it.

2) Continue hoarding Latest Legends covers until I can comfortably champion 3x latest.

The original goal to accomplish this was 300 LT's. With news that swaps in latest is coming to an end my new goal is 500 unless some new feature gets added to change things. It's entirely possible I won't earn 500 LT's by the end of 2017 as that depends entirely on how things go with BSS and GG in goal 1). Once I finish both I can start saving CP for latest covers.

3) Try not to give up in the meantime.

So if goals 1) and 2) sound kind of dreadful then welcome to my MPQ experience for the bulk of 2016. 5 star progression is intentionally slow and this lack of progress is very painful. I've almost literally run Phx/OML for every single event in all of 2016 and until goal 1) is complete that's not going to change. Heck, it may not even change once either of those two are championed. The point is that the endgame moves too slow and beyond these motivational goals its really hard to justify why I'm still playing the game at all. Here's hoping the game evolves soon or that my RNG is good enough to keep me going through 2017.
    No swaps in Latest? I hadn't heard that... I've been considering saving up CP and tokens to whale a bit later on, but if the system changes that may not be a good idea. I think I can get around 10 Latest pulls a week (tokens and CP), so I guess I'd need to save up for a year in order to get 500 pulls. I don't think I'd have the fortitude to do that.
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    my goal is to have a good team of usable 4* characters. This may mean spending CP to finish off that 4* character at 12 covers (Cho, Ant man) or really working to get certain ones in vaults (Thing, Jean, RHulk, Xpool). At the moment I have 2 characters champed from this tier (Ice man and Thor), but that makes me very reliant on them for PVP and the harder PVE nodes... especially when one of them is boosted. I just want to have a small stable to choose from, to help save on health packs but to also give me variety. I have all the 3* champed except for Thanos, and I love the variety that offers me... just need to keep moving forward into 4* territory.

So I will be saving all my ISO and my CP, and then either buying certain covers for 4*... or if I feel lucky maybe I will just buy the classics LT and see what happens. I will probably just stick to LT pulls once I have 3-5 characters at 270. Once 3* deadpool and psylocke reach 183, I will only need 1 more Xpool cover... so he may be next.

I just don't know if I should be focusing on the best of the 4* tier, or just whichever I can get to max. Cho, Ant Man, Thing... they are not top tier but they are all serviceable and they are close to 13 covers