Weak-Looking Powers that are Strong

2»

Comments

• SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Demolition looks innocent enough(let me sit in my chair and glare menacingly)
    but.......boom
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    HULK SMASH!!!! ... that little bug in the corner.
  • dokiy
    dokiy Posts: 238 Tile Toppler
    I gotta second Magneto's blue. I remember when I first got to the point of playing against 3 star characters in PVP with my 2 star roster. Magneto flies up into the air, a few tiles move around and I'm thinking "sweet, no matches....wait where did all my health go?"

Honorary mention to Thor's redflag.png . Here, I am bringing down the full power of Mjolnir!!! For 1k damage and 3 yellow tiles. Yay!
  • aa25
    aa25 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    KP's Wilson's Gambit. Just one finger. If he actually punches, he probably can one shot anyone.
    KP's The Fisk Defense. I still don't know what he is trying to do. Grunting ? Cursing ? Anyway, my AP is gone and a bunch of Maggia goons show up.
  • Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Vision's blue ability. What an innocent-looking animation but never leave him for last in pvp. Especially his pvp when he's boosted. A cascade could bring a world of hurt.
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Elektras blacktile.png. Just don't let her do it.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    The one power that has always underwhelmed me as a visual is Thor's greenflag.png
    "Hey guys, want to see my hammer? Here, look at it." icon_thor.png
    Bam. You're all dead.

(The sound effect is cool though.)
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Loki purple- I remember the first time I saw Loki and I said "how useless is that purple". If you don't kill Loki first, he'll bite you in the **** no matter what tier you are on.

I completely hate Loki. He makes matches last forever and screws you out of being able to make more than match 3s. If ever a character's power perfectly reflected their comic book persona it would be Loki.
  • Boommike
    Boommike Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Dormammu wrote:

Every time I see someone comment on the sound effects, I think "This game has sound? Oh, right, that thing I turned off the first week of playing"
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Boommike wrote:
    Dormammu wrote:

Every time I see someone comment on the sound effects, I think "This game has sound? Oh, right, that thing I turned off the first week of playing"

I turn off my sound mainly because if my Wife calls in the middle of a PVP match, I put her on speaker phone so I can keep playing. The first time I picked up her call and she heard the music in the background, I had to pretend it was the TV and I "lost" phone service lol. It sucks you cannot pick up a phone call without the risk of the game turning off.
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    dokiy wrote:
    I gotta second Magneto's blue. I remember when I first got to the point of playing against 3 star characters in PVP with my 2 star roster. Magneto flies up into the air, a few tiles move around and I'm thinking "sweet, no matches....wait where did all my health go?"

To he fair, the power is basically Magneto creating a whirling dervish of scrap metal, forks, small automobiles, car keys... And the blue and red shuffling around the board actually represents that. That **** would be scary.
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    icon_kingpin.pngblackflag.png is odd. POINT... 8000 damage

On a similar note, icon_kingpin.pngpurpleflag.png always makes me think "CURSE YOU HE-MAAAAAN" as he shakes his fist at you to steal some AP.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Calnexin wrote:
    stowaway wrote:
    She-Hulk is a good candidate. Her green can either ruin your day or do nothing special, but the furious animation doesn't match what the ability does at all (nor does the ability make sense for the character). Meanwhile, the animation for her red looks like she's about to lay the hurt on, but it's really one of the weakest AoEs in the game.

I like the noise she makes. I don't know where it came from, but it sounds like one of those iconic Hollywood sounds that people use everywhere. Like the "aaaagh!" sound in Star Wars whenever a stormtrooper falls into a pit of some kind.
    This game has sound?
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    icon_quicksilver.pngblackflag.png seems innocent enough, but can be very helpful.
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Recently ended up with 24 yellow AP while in the Required Wasp Node. 3 gentle sprinklings of pixie dust later I was dealing over 3k in match damage icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    SL's punch is super weak-looking. It kind of reminds me of when Narcis Prince attacks in SNES' Super Punchout. But like his attacks, SL's punch can be pretty mean! Over 20,000 dmg when boosted, for just 6 AP. Yiikes!!