720 cp IS a good deal after all!

2»

Comments

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's not obsessing with a specific character, its throwing out duplicate covers, especially those in high rarities. It's stunted progression at a certain level. It's the guys with 20+ champed 4s and no usable 5s (They do exist, you know).
    I'm one that's nearly in that boat. Just champed Red Hulk for #16, with Nick Fury on his way to #17. My highest covered 5-star has six covers (Silver Surfer and Black Widow) and I'm missing the critical Yellow OML (mine is currently sitting at 3/0/0) I have my 5-stars at the same level as my highest 4-star, because otherwise the scaling would go nuts.

I've had to toss probably a half dozen of the Legendary tokens I've pulled recently because the RNG decided to give me one of the covers I already have at 5. The last one I pulled was a red Winter Soldier, who I have at 1/3/5. I also had to sell the Punisher Max cover from the latest Unstable ISO event, since mine is a 5/4/1 and they gave the black one. Nick Fury is only being champed now because I've had to sell EIGHT of his blue covers before finally pulling a yellow one. (He started out 0/9/0.)

As it stands now, with Black Bolt in the Classics, the odds of getting a particular 5-star are now lower than getting a particular 4-star, which I don't think is how these tokens should be handled. Either that, or have a 30 CP token where you are *guaranteed* you won't get a cover you can't use.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    sambrookjm wrote:
    Either that, or have a 30 CP token where you are *guaranteed* you won't get a cover you can't use.

That will be the best token for whales/long term vets. New character released and each pull gets them the only cover they can use