Character Survey

Options
Eichen
Eichen Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
edited January 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
How come there isn't a "variant characters suck give us new characters" option in the latest survey?

They even left out a freeform comment section about the variants.

Comments

• Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I tried to enter Beast (all new x-men), but all it would take is Beast. Not sure how they're going to know what variant I'm suggesting from that.

I listed about 10 x-men I want under new characters, too. Never say die, right?
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just chose Yelena figuring she has the least chance of getting a variant
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I chose Doctor Doom because they're neglecting two great possibilities in the last 18 months.
    God Doom and Infamous Iron Man.

I so want a 5* God Doom.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I picked Sabretooth for new and Doom for variant, specifically God Doom if the devs are reading. My second choice would be Maker Reed Richards.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I wanted a variant iron fist to pair with the recent luke cage.

As for new characters, I want gambit, nightcrawler and rogue.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I picked Archangel and Iceman. Would love the actual ICE version of Iceman. Or even the wizard version of him from the future, where he could create ice golems and never die. Maybe a 5 star version that has a skill where you can only kill him for 3 turns at a time, and he keeps coming back at 5k health or something after those 3 turns, to represent him reconstituting himself from water.

Archangel could be 5 star, be Horseman of Apocalypse or X-Force. If they NEED to, they can go with wimpy old white feather version, but wouldn't be excited by that.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My votes where Nightcrawler (whom I know isn't happening), Shocker (as a villain that I think has a realistic chance of happening), and Mockingbird

Ant-Man for variant, although since I was thinking of Cassie Lang for that in the back of my head, I suppose I should have listed her as a new hero instead.
  • Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Blackheart as usual and Dr Doom
  • MunitionsFrenzy
    MunitionsFrenzy Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Options
    "What variants" makes no sense as a question if it won't accept an explanation of which variant you want. This survey question is absolutely meaningless. The previous survey was much better.

Maybe they were getting responses that were too long-winded and, rather than try to translate, they switched to this. But that's kind of like responding to the Spidey+Venom combo by making Venom 100% useless.

What I _wanted_ to submit was a request for armored Psylocke (preferably with an actually usable third power, and can we make it purple because that's kind of her MAIN COLOR?), as well as one for an Alejandra variant of Ghost Rider.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I suggested Dazzler, of course. Picked Hawkeye for the variants question; I'd still like to see a 3* variant of Clint as Ronin from the original New Avengers lineup.
  • MushroomGenius808
    MushroomGenius808 Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Emma Frost & Beast (wanted Dark Beast, specifically).

From the Sept. thread:
    Just spitballing, but these sound fun.

192?cb=20130727004720
    Nightcrawler:
    Blue - "That Fuzzy Elf" - AOE attack, teleports around battlefield quickly attacking each opponent. Exhausted, NC is unable to attack again (self-stun 1, similar to 3*Cyc).
    Red - "Swashbuckle" - quick hitting, low AP attack similar in function to Gamora.
    Black - "Teleportation" - battle field removal, similar to Colossus/Nova. Ability to target own team for protection, or opponent for delay of action.

210?cb=20151104214657
    Magik:
    Black - "Soul Sword" -
    Red - "Darkchylde" - Transformation power leading to other/altered abilities
    Yellow - "Demon Within" - Passive, similar to Blade

210?cb=20150908230239
    Emma Frost
    Yellow - "Diamond Form" - High AP Cost, Impervious to attack for X moves (protected countdown tile)
    Silver/TU - "Stepford Cuckoos" - AOE Attack, Stepford Cuckoos mentally attack all opponents (yes, she needs to gather TU tiles for her own use)
    Blue - "Out of Your League" - Passive, % of success based on skill level, The White Queen laughs at your attack, controls your mind and redirects all damage back to a random opponent.
  • Shmoe50
    Shmoe50 Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I voted for Dazzler, and would love to see a 4* Juggernaut...
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Adam Warlock for new characters (I've given up on the possibility of additional X-Men)
    as for Variant I picked Jean Grey Classic (same time frame as Cyclops Classic)
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I voted for Rocket & Groot as the variant, because we need Baby Groot with The Death Button as a power.
  • Tenaciousdecaf
    Tenaciousdecaf Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    I just chose Yelena figuring she has the least chance of getting a variant
    I did the exact same thing!
  • tph_james
    tph_james Posts: 197 Tile Toppler
    Options
    New : Jessica Jones
    Variant :human torch 4*
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,603 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Long list for new characters, because I always put in a really long list.

Some X-Men, Gambit, Nightcrawler, Rogue, Kitty Pryde, Sabertooth, Emma Frost.

Some heavy hitters that are obviously missing. Namor (only member of the Illuminati missing) and Adam Warlock.

Some that would make great joices for a puzzle game. Mysterio, and Arcade (I may have suggested Arcade several times in the same line of text, because he's such an obvious choice for MPQ levels with weird rules like Kaecilius, or bosses where the rules and strategies are different)

And Baby Groot. And a 4* Peter Parker (I get people don't want variants, but as a Spidey fan, having four disappointing versions of the character in the game sucks, and I'd like to have at least ONE that's worth pursuing)

THEN I saw the separate question about variants (after I'd put Baby Groot and 4* Peter on my first list).

Gotta go with Doom. Iron Doom, God Emperor Doom, just a more badass version of normal Doom. Game needs more villains, and Doom is worth doubling-up on. So gotta ask for more Doom.
  • CyberVenom2001
    CyberVenom2001 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Options
    New character I put in Rogue.

Variant I went with Dr. Octopus. I want classic, 60s Otto with white lab coat, pot belly, and Moe Stooge haircut
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Gwenom
    Wolverine variant
  • Saeva
    Saeva Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Options
    While I really wish we'd been able to say what variant we wanted -- as with quite a few of the characters there's multiple options -- I picked Wiccan and Nico Minoru as my new character choices and Daredevil as my variant. I'd love to see a 4★ Daredevil (Black Suit) or Daredevil (Shadowlands) variant. As for new characters, both characters have interesting potential power sets -- both Billy (Wiccan) and Nico are mystics -- and they're getting enough attention in the comics right now to justify their presence in the game.