Long Live Crash of the Mad Titan!

2»

Comments

• turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 786 Critical Contributor
    I really loved this event , managed to get the reward each day, quake was hardest but after a big token opening I got two more of her covers which was enough to see me over the line

I pulled four tokens all of Medusa so was happy with the repeat for once and also got one 5* thanos

A very good Xmas as only pulled one cover I couldn't use from all of the special vaults
  • byc
    byc Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    It was a fun event. I even laughed at the laziness of the event since it was basically a direct copy of Deadpool Daily with all the same text except Thanos in the background instead of Deadpool.

I'm still a bit confused why Thanos showed up before his full debut in the MCU.
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Count me among those that would like to see Crash of the Mad Titan as a sixth node in Deadpool's Daily Quest every day. While I did like the extra ISO and tokens, I think we'd be OK without duplicates of the first five nodes. I liked having Dat Required Character's 3-star being one of the choices that players could use in Crash of the Mad Titan; I won with the 3-star three days out of five.

I feel like having a daily chance at a Legendary token (or, as someone already suggested, 20 Command Points) would take some of the sting out of duplicate covers since my draw-rate for 4- and 5-star covers would increase dramatically.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Question: Why isn't there a Crach of the Mad titan on the last day?
    The vault is still there with (currently) 12 hours and 35 mins left. And...no event. I guess it's just time to use your tokens before the whole thing closes?

Either way, I really agree that we needed something like this with a difficult one-on-one fight at the end that rewards with a significant token or maybe a daily 4* much like the 3* equivilent.

I mean, it's not like we're not still going to be massively ISO starved.
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    The vault is still there with (currently) 12 hours and 35 mins left. And...no event. I guess it's just time to use your tokens before the whole thing closes?

You've accurately answered your own question--it's so people have extra time to spend their token(s).
    byc wrote:
    I'm still a bit confused why Thanos showed up before his full debut in the MCU.

Because, by and large, MPQ is based on the comics and not the MCU. Thanos is a major villain who has been around for decades.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd definitely love to see the Crash node from this enter Deadpool Daily. Maybe you're not fighting Thanos every day, maybe it's rotating scaled 3, 4 or 5-stars, and you get the option of three required characters. If they're worried about handing out LT on a daily basis, then perhaps instead the reward is 10K ISO plus 5 CP. That's another LT every four or 5 days, and help with the ISO shortage.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd also be really into seeing a daily survival node added to DDQ. You get one shot at it and there are ten goon waves, ending in a boss-like character. Each subsequent wave you reach offers increasing rewards. So if you have a bad day, maybe you only get to wave three and earn 1K ISO. But if you complete all waves? 10K ISO, 100HP, 10 CP, and a LT or special vault token (to a vault of 20 high-value covers or items, that resets every day and that you can't purchase from; this special token is your single shot at it each day.)
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Really loved this event. Was also a laughing a bit, because if this was supposed to impress us with 5* Thanos, then having us beat him 5 days in a row with 3* characters was a bit icon_lol.gif
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    This was the best part of the holiday.

Most important thing being letting us use 4's OR 3's to take down the character.

But odds are, just like this antman event, this won't come around too often. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • GurlBYE
    mega ghost wrote:
    I'd also be really into seeing a daily survival node added to DDQ. You get one shot at it and there are ten goon waves, ending in a boss-like character. Each subsequent wave you reach offers increasing rewards. So if you have a bad day, maybe you only get to wave three and earn 1K ISO. But if you complete all waves? 10K ISO, 100HP, 10 CP, and a LT or special vault token (to a vault of 20 high-value covers or items, that resets every day and that you can't purchase from; this special token is your single shot at it each day.)

This game doesn't work with one chance things.

We can't prevent the board from being in our favor or the cpu's favor.

The rewards in this game are already paced to like a year for a character without purchases. More won't hurt anyone. If someone wants to play the game more often and use more healthpacks for a shot, why not let them?
  • GurlBYE

Either way, I really agree that we needed something like this with a difficult one-on-one fight at the end that rewards with a significant token or maybe a daily 4* much like the 3* equivilent.

I mean, it's not like we're not still going to be massively ISO starved

People always seem to bring up "i don't need covers I need iso so much more" (this isn't directed solely towards you)

However we all play this game, and there is a factual piece of information that helps make the argument of iso starved sort of flatter.

ISO is in inevitability. you play more, you'll earn more.

I can play as much as I want but I cannot guarantee a single cover that comes from a token, which are where th majority of our rewards come from.

I can say with certainty if you play enough in two weeks you'll likely champ your 4 star.

I can also say with certainty, that if you play the same amount in 2 weeks, or even a year, you're no closer to covering a specific character. (you may grab a few random ones, you may grab 13 in a row, you may not see any of a character for 8 months)

I've had carnage since his launch event and haven't had a black cover appear, but I'm can say in that time frame, at no point would I have had issues gaining the iso to level him, I can also say a good chunk of players have had him leveled him, champed him and slapped more covers on.

ISO is meant to be the one thing in game we can work towards. We can't work towards a single thing else besides rewards that are all already blocked by whales.

More random draws at covers will not hurt a single soul that plays this game.
  • lymang
    lymang Posts: 97 Match Maker
    I loved this event as well. I was able to complete it every day, though some of the 5 star battles required me to try more than a few times till the right board came up. I was able to snag 1 cover for 5 star Thanos and a few for 3nos. Very well done. I'd love to see it with any frequency at all beyond the holiday. Even just once a month.