Long Live Crash of the Mad Titan!

matthatter
matthatter Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
edited December 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I just want to say that I LOVED this event! Like if I weren't already married I would be down on one knee with this event. There is so much good to say about it. Take away the awesome double ISO and it is still fantastic! The extra 3 star.png cover, the daily Crash node itself. I loved the extra 60 XP.

For the record, I beat him all 5 days and only got one cover that is (currently) unusable. blackflag.png Mr. F. Otherwise I did get 1 Thano5, and 3 other usable 4 star.pngs that I can't recall off the top of my head.

Thanks, D3. Please make this the norm and not a special event!

Comments

• Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    I also liked this aspect of the holiday events. While it wouldn't need to be *exactly* the same going forward, it would be great to have extra Crashes like this here and there, and the ability to choose between several characters (including 3*s) for each Crash was a welcome addition.

There's a lot of complaining here when things go wrong (often warranted), so it's only fair to give a thumbs up when new stuff like this is done well. More please!
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    It was fun. Ideally, I think adding the Thanos node to the beginning of the week would probably be the most sensible thing to do. Realistically, the whole thing will go the way of Ant Man and Cho events.

Also, ddq needs to have to have its iso doubled to better reflect the current iso demands the game increasingly place on the player base.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    If anything we NEED a daily crash brought over to the normal DDQ. 1/5 days is not enough anymore, let it award a classic token, maybe 20 command points
  • matthatter
    matthatter Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    fmftint wrote:
    If anything we NEED a daily crash brought over to the normal DDQ. 1/5 days is not enough anymore, let it award a classic token, maybe 20 command points

I totally agree. With 40+ 4 star.png characters and new ones added every 2 weeks, it's like 200+ days till it recycles.
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    I loved it too. Got a Thano5 on the last day, plus 4 more usable 4s.

Based off how they are running this, I assume they are doing a test to possibly change how the Crash of the Titans node works. Adding the ability to use 3 different characters, and use teamups for those characters, is a huge improvement that I believe will benefit everyone.

The fact that they put 5 LTs up for grabs is just the ultimate icing on this Christmas cake. icon_e_smile.gif
  • smkspy
    If we did get a daily crash, for even a classic token, would that silence the having to sell whiners...a token a day is ALOT more progress, even for 5 stars, can't really complain about getting dupes if it happens.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    smkspy wrote:
    If we did get a daily crash, for even a classic token, would that silence the having to sell whiners...a token a day is ALOT more progress, even for 5 stars, can't really complain about getting dupes if it happens.

Probably not, the ISO shortage would certainly be more acute. What I'd most get out of daily Crashes would be the novelty -- they're a lot more fun than a lot of current content.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Indeed. Please keep this event going forever. As long as we don't have colorless colors and progression is random, we need this sort of daily opportunity. For the record, I opened seven purple reign tokens, and only was able to keep two of the characters I drew. Being able to use only around a quarter of the "big" rewards is fine if you can get one a day, but extremely depressing when you work on a seven day event for something you have to sell.
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    I don't care for the double dose of Deadpool Daily personally but I do agree that we are long overdue for a daily 4* node to become a reality. Implementing that node Crash of the Mad Titan style seems as good as any! Off days could just be our regular rotation of one on ones that we currently see.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    babinro wrote:
    I don't care for the double dose of Deadpool Daily personally but I do agree that we are long overdue for a daily 4* node to become a reality. Implementing that node Crash of the Mad Titan style seems as good as any! Off days could just be our regular rotation of one on ones that we currently see.

I agree doing both long term would be a little draining. I would love to see CotMT come in and fully replace DDQ.
  • smkspy
    smkspy wrote:

Probably not, the ISO shortage would certainly be more acute. What I'd most get out of daily Crashes would be the novelty -- they're a lot more fun than a lot of current content.

It would certainly end the sting knowing that my chances of covering characters has increased. Likewise, it would end that pressing feeling of "having" to champ a maxed character just because I pulled cover 14.

Like right now, I can champ both Jean and deadpool. I should probably champ Jean, but knowing that I have two upcoming deadpools makes me tend to favor him instead.Champ levels being as rare as they currently are and all.
  • zonatahunt
    zonatahunt Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Champ JEAN,!!! Oh, and if you're wondering...CHAMP JEAN!!!!!!! icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_wink.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_wink.gif
  • drag0n41
    drag0n41 Posts: 86 Match Maker
    What if they added this to regular DDQ, each cycle gets a different 5* that is the crash of the mad Titan all 5 days. Still have a the crash of the Titans every 5th day.
    The character available for the CoTMT, is the current required 3* and two 4* that closely affiliate with that character.
    Make the rewards 10CP for the node and add 1 progression reward at 29,999 for more CP(5 or 10).
    This way it still requires the lower tier characters to get max rewards.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    smkspy wrote:

I guarantee that if they made the crash daily someone would still complain. If anything the people complaining about having to sell 4* and 5* covers would skyrocket because there would be far more chances for dupes to drop.

If they do go to a daily crash my wish would be that they rotate tokens between the 5*s. Just like the Purple Reign token only offered 5Thanos have a different 5* featured at 5%-10% each 5 day period. That would greatly accelerate the chances of covering the 5*s in classics which are currently pretty tough to actually make progress at with a 1.7% drop rate.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    This was by far the best part of the holiday events. It was fun, and the extra XP and ISO were like a glass of cool water on a hot day.

For some reason I had it in my head that there was still one day left! What were the 5 days?

Day 1: Guardians of the Galaxy: Star-Lord / Drax / Rocket & Groot
    Day 2: X-Men: Cyclops (Classic) / Jean Grey (All-New X-Men) / Wolverine (Patch)
    Day 3: Inhumans: Quake / Medusa / Kamala Khan
    Day 4: ???
    Day 5: Avengers: Thor (Goddess of Thunder) / Iron Man (Hulkbuster) / Steve Rogers

Was Day 4 Villains? I now have a vague memory of Kingpin. This is what I get for playing half-asleep when I first wake up or while drunk late at night.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    mega ghost wrote:
    This was by far the best part of the holiday events. It was fun, and the extra XP and ISO were like a glass of cool water on a hot day.

For some reason I had it in my head that there was still one day left! What were the 5 days?

Day 5: Avengers: Thor (Goddess of Thunder) / Iron Man (Hulkbuster) / Steve Rogers

Was Day 4 Villains? I now have a vague memory of Kingpin. This is what I get for playing half-asleep when I first wake up or while drunk late at night.
    Go home and sleep it off. Kingpin / Carnage / Doom
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    mega ghost wrote:

Correct. It was villains with the 3 featured being Kingpin, Carnage and Dr. Doom.
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    It was blast. Hoping more of such event occurs in 2017.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I loved it!! It was just perfect.

I didn't personally win any Th5nos covers, but I appreciated getting all the extra 4* champion levels!
  • Ezrius
    Ezrius Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Between the Iso-8 and the 3* covers, I think this event and Galactus hungers brought me from 10 3* left to champ to 7 left, and two of the remaining ones are at level 120 fully covered (and one of them is Blade, who will likely be championed in 2016). Nevermind the precious 4* covers it also netted me.

Just a great, rewarding event.