thanos challenge

2»

Comments

• Addix
    Addix Posts: 35
    edited December 2016
    Followed all the tips and managed to beat thanos with my levl 168 KK. First crash EVER!! WHOOHOO! Thanks all icon_e_smile.gif
    And now what shall I do with my purple reign token? If I pull and get thano5 - I don't think that would be good for my game. What happens if I just keep it?
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Addix wrote:
    Followed all the tips and managed to beat thanos with my KK. First crash EVER!! WHOOHOO! Thanks all icon_e_smile.gif
    And now what shall I do with my purple reign token? If I pull and get thano5 - I don't think that would be good for my game. What happens if I just keep it?
    expires after a time (roughly 2 weeks)
    recruit or sell before then
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    Addix wrote:
    Followed all the tips and managed to beat thanos with my levl 168 KK. First crash EVER!! WHOOHOO! Thanks all icon_e_smile.gif

Having a single cover 5* at level 255 shouldn't affect your scaling, as your champed 3*s boost to similar levels with the weekly boost. Just be sure not to level him. I'd recruit him and see how you go.
  • Piro_plock
    Piro_plock Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    Addix wrote:
    Followed all the tips and managed to beat thanos with my KK. First crash EVER!! WHOOHOO! Thanks all icon_e_smile.gif
    Tokens don't expire. I assume that "keeping it" was about the token, not the cover.
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    For anyone struggling with Dr Doom battle:
    Ask you alliance for Kinpin's Team Up. Maggia Pawns simply won that fight for me. My Dr Doom is 5/5/3 at lvl 91 with slightly above 5k hp.
  • Addix
    Addix Posts: 35
    Piro_plock wrote:
    Addix wrote:
    Tokens don't expire. I assume that "keeping it" was about the token, not the cover.

Oh I thought the token expired! So pulled it. 4thor whom I don't have, so that's ok.........
  • Beastwood
    Beastwood Posts: 68 Match Maker
    178 dr doom was a lot easier than i thought, once i had enough purples i let some traps build up and slapped him a few times, used black power once finished a fair bit above half health, alot easier than i thought it was going to be
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Did mine with Kingpin and that was way easier than KK. Unfortunately, it was all for nothing. I drew yet another cover I couldn't use. Of 6 Purple Reigns I've opened, I've had to sell 5 of the covers drawn. icon_e_sad.gif

All I want for Christmas is colorless covers.
  • waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    firethorne wrote:
    Did mine with Kingpin and that was way easier than KK. Unfortunately, it was all for nothing. I drew yet another cover I couldn't use. Of 6 Purple Reigns I've opened, I've had to sell 5 of the covers drawn. icon_e_sad.gif

All I want for Christmas is colorless covers.

With ya man - I pulled another cover in the 5 color for a 2/2/5 character. Can't even burn the CP for one cover to make it useful.
  • MightyBP
    MightyBP Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    I have to stand corrected on my Doom comments earlier - you probadly won't beat Thanos using Doom by getting a massive purple tile off but while the Demons are ticking down getting a 5-6 tile Plot off is probably the difference between success and failure. 5/3/5 is a solid bet.

Also I've started to see duplicate 4 star covers too on my characters. Today I got my 6th Countdown to What and my 6th The Fisk Defense. But for me this hasn't been an exclusive holiday problem - I think I've pulled about 9 green Iceman covers over time as well as about 7-10 Blind Spots.
  • SummerGlau
    Side Note...Beat Him With Steve Rogers
    Peacemaker Can Target the Purple CD Tile but Star Spamgled Avenger only can if Thanos is stunned already
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Steve's the obvious choice here. Bring blue AP and stunlock him, job done.
  • MightyBP
    MightyBP Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Important note - apparently tile replacement = tile destruction in MPQ.

Therefore, especially with Rodgers, hard-denial of Purple is a necessity. Otherwise, when Purple CD is up, the following will happen:

-Red will do damage but not lay a CD tile.
    -Yellow will do nothing, as you can't replace tiles with protect tiles.
    -if CD tiles are down and Infinite Power comes out, the CD's will not finish - apparently a countdown tile ticking to 0 is also considered tile destruction, and Infinite Power blocks this.

I "accomplished" all of the above in my tries at Thanos today before beating him on try #3.
  • SummerGlau
    MightyBP wrote:
    Important note - apparently tile replacement = tile destruction in MPQ.

Therefore, especially with Rodgers, hard-denial of Purple is a necessity. Otherwise, when Purple CD is up, the following will happen:

-Red will do damage but not lay a CD tile.
    -Yellow will do nothing, as you can't replace tiles with protect tiles.
    -if CD tiles are down and Infinite Power comes out, the CD's will not finish - apparently a countdown tile ticking to 0 is also considered tile destruction, and Infinite Power blocks this.

I "accomplished" all of the above in my tries at Thanos today before beating him on try #3.
    I had a Peacemaker Tile Finish while infinite Power was on the board, the tile popped and returned the 10 AP but didn't leave a protect tile
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Champed hulkbuster...just collect red and black. Didn't even to worry about denying purple or green.
  • MarkersMake
    MarkersMake Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Success with my 4/5/2 Steve (lvl 102).

+2 boosts to blue/purple and +2 to all AP allowed me to start stunning Thanos early enough to take him out.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    MightyBP wrote:
    I have to stand corrected on my Doom comments earlier - you probadly won't beat Thanos using Doom by getting a massive purple tile off
    I did. It wasn't a one shot but got him down about 80% and he was cake after that. It did take several tries though.
  • dyjost
    dyjost Posts: 11
    ok guys, the OP was more so a hyperbole. i've got champs *'s a bit scattered, but i'm mostly a few decent 3*'s and finally getting some 2*'s champed, i've accumulated a decent amount of 4*'s. my biggest issue is it gives you very limited selection of hard to cover characters, so you cant level them. it'd have been nice if there were tiered difficulties in the thanos challenge so even someone who only had a few covers could at least compete. the day in question, mutant day, i had a patchie, 3 in green, like 2 in red, and 1 in yellow or something. its been slow goings. but i got slaughtered because he just did way too much damage, and my punches were papercuts. so it sucked that an entire chunk of the holiday special was denied me just becuase i dont have the time, luck, or investment in this game yet. kinda ruined the whole holiday special thing.
  • spiderpool
    spiderpool Posts: 76 Match Maker
    dyjost wrote:
    ok guys, the OP was more so a hyperbole. i've got champs *'s a bit scattered, but i'm mostly a few decent 3*'s and finally getting some 2*'s champed, i've accumulated a decent amount of 4*'s. my biggest issue is it gives you very limited selection of hard to cover characters, so you cant level them. it'd have been nice if there were tiered difficulties in the thanos challenge so even someone who only had a few covers could at least compete. the day in question, mutant day, i had a patchie, 3 in green, like 2 in red, and 1 in yellow or something. its been slow goings. but i got slaughtered because he just did way too much damage, and my punches were papercuts. so it sucked that an entire chunk of the holiday special was denied me just becuase i dont have the time, luck, or investment in this game yet. kinda ruined the whole holiday special thing.

"an entire chunk of the holiday special was denied me"

It was one node out of 5, I'm sure it stinks if you couldn't do it but with a 3 star roster you still should have been able to finish the other 4 to get 2 vault tokens per day, plus double the iso of regular ddq, an extra 3 star cover, and all this on top of the regular ddq.

I would say you got a very large chunk of the holiday special and only missed out on a small chunk of the Thanos ddq