Beating up Galactus?

2»

Comments

• HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    TA Hulk, Cyclops (4*) and IM40. One recharge = win for the first 7 rounds.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    4clops
    4xfw
    3hulk

Slaughter every time, never once even been in danger. We are in round 5 right now. Never even had to use Hulk's green.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Still beating him, but it is definitely at using health pack time to heal up at least hulk for each battle.
  • FokaiHI
    FokaiHI Posts: 272 Mover and Shaker
    IM40/ CHULK/ Cyke

Recharge
    Bug Squash
    Laser Eyes

40k damage

I use this, but only for the chance that it would unlock. Only 2 attacks per round. Lame
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Patch/Iron Fist/Ghost Rider works nicely. You can match purple just a couple times and accelerate into black, and Patch eats enough damage without consequence that you can just sit back until Penance Stare just one-shots him. Also if things start to go bad and you really need to you can always Berserker Rage and eat a bunch of damage to end the fight before the deadline.
  • Kross
    Kross Posts: 92 Match Maker
    TA Hulk, Cyclops (4 star) and XWolvie.

I haven't been close to losing. Now in round 6.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Star-Lord/Jean Grey/IM40 has been a winner for me. I think the only Galactus fight I've lost so far, I forgot to switch whoever I'd used in a goon node for IM40 and without the AP acceleration, stuff went sideways.
  • Tryke
    Tryke Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    150 4cyc 5/3/3
    271 cho 5/5/3
    198 im40 5/3/5

4cyc gets boosted to 230. im40+cho is pretty great, easy 18k damage. This team has worked well to clean out the earlier rounds. Remains to be seen if it can handle 7/8.
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    deadtaco wrote:
    Stormfinite makes it easier.

Basically - Storm (set black to 3), KK and Hulk (set their green's to 3).

Use hulk to tank, KK purple to generate green and her passive heals. Storm - fire her green and yellow. But not her black as it makes using KK's purple harder.

You might have to heal hulk afterwards, but his anger when he is hit gens more green.

Upshot is Storm's green helps wipe out Galactus' special and countdown tiles. After you get it going he won't have many turns left.

Haven't tried that, but used to use a near-variant that substituted obw for Kamala. Slow, but even killed the level 7-800 Galactus the one time he was bugged.

Wish I had Thano5 leveled; want to shut down Galactus entirely with his purple.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    In round 8 using BSSM, OML, Cho. 5* match damage is awsome and then almost 5k damage for BSSM blue for 6 AP. Cho's blue fires doing an additional 3-4K damage. Cho feeds green for either Cho's green or BSSM. OML takes most of the damage so I don't need health packs. No losses and I have only used 2 health packs all Galactus event.
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    I've been using SWitch GSBW and CMagneto. Just grab all that purple so you can get GSBW to shoot off her purple and a lot of times the cascades from that will pretty much take care of the rest.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Nothing fancy, just 4* cyc + Chulk + im40. That team can win almost instantly through round 7 on a good starting board, and is also tough enough to survive a slow start with 2x boosted 4*s.

For round 8, when galactus has 60k health (or thereabouts), I will likely switch to a more reliable infinity engine, but I will at least try this team a few times.

That has been my default team so far too with Chulk being the star if anything due to his green clearing countdowns and his passive also helping to chip down Galactus for the main nukes.
  • Beastwood
    Beastwood Posts: 68 Match Maker
    3*clops, GSBW and 3* hulk, hulk tanks and gens green, switch purples for more green, sniper rifle for nice dmg and a good board clear and cyc well just build the reds and blacks, black usually ends the fight, red takes significant chunks out his health and clears a line, i can live with 1/2 health packs per event cool down, got nothing else goin on.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been using three champed 4-stars: Cyclops, who is boosted and could one-hit Galactus for the first few rounds, Jean Grey (I rarely utilized her but her purple was able to clear his countdowns enough times), and Professor X for the match-5 damage and boost to Cyclops' red. Even with the scaling, I've only lost once so far, and that was due to a very bad board for me followed by ridiculous Galactus cascades in which he was able to get all of his AP much more quickly.
  • MarkersMake
    MarkersMake Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    deadtaco wrote:
    Stormfinite makes it easier.

Basically - Storm (set black to 3), KK and Hulk (set their green's to 3).

Use hulk to tank, KK purple to generate green and her passive heals. Storm - fire her green and yellow. But not her black as it makes using KK's purple harder.

You might have to heal hulk afterwards, but his anger when he is hit gens more green.

Upshot is Storm's green helps wipe out Galactus' special and countdown tiles. After you get it going he won't have many turns left.
    This.

My Hulk/KK/Storm are 173/172/167, and I just finished a perfect run on Round 8 Galactus. Killed all his countdowns before they could resolve, and just whittled him down cascade by cascade. Obviously, a lucky start position (purple 5-match -> cascade) was necessary, but once it gets going it's fairly unstoppable.

Previous fights, Hulk's anger has fueled Storm's green nicely, but it's nice not to have to spend a health pack this time.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hulk Iron fist and Ghost Rider
    Hulk tanks Colors Iron Fist generates Black and Strike Tiles
    Once Galactus is down enough Ghost rider makes him pay for his crimes
    granted eats Health Packs (mostly on Hulk), but still kinda easy overall
    (I do have Penance Stare Maxed, though)
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Up to round 6, Charlie's Angels. Round 7-8, Hulk, 4clops and Professor. Hulk does most of the heavy lifting and Cyclops is there for the insane match damage plus possible 25k+ Combined Forces. Prof is there to capitalise on the 5-matches produced by Anger and Thunderous Clap (which, incidentally, produce red fro Cyclops). Best thing is that he provides a plan B if Hulk dies before killing Galactus (due to absurd cascades): he can go invisible and continuously buff the special tiles previously created until Galactus is dead.
  • Pope Belligerent
    Pope Belligerent Posts: 94 Match Maker
    I'm up to round 7 and I've used GSBW/3Hulk/3Clops the whole time. BW has two different targeted board shakes and her purple helps get rid of green countdowns and special tiles. Hulk tanks green for BW and creates green tiles in the process. Cyc generates red for BW and puts those bonus black AP to excellent use. I haven't lost a single match with them yet.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    XPool, 4Clops, and IM40. IM40 yellow to gather Red and Blue. Scott Blue to gather more Red. XPool X-Enforcer to whittle down Big Gs health. If you've gathered enough TU then use 4Clops Red to nuke him. Like 90% success rate. Of course, also depends on the board.