Beating up Galactus?

Shmoe50
Shmoe50 Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
edited December 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
What teams are people using against Galactus? I am finding JG, Switch, and Vision to be a good combo. Switch as a purple battery for JG, who can eliminate those pesky countdown tiles, and if you can keep Vision Heavy, the extra match damage wears Big G down fast. I am curious what others are using (especially if no viable 5*s are available).

Comments

• matthatter
    matthatter Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    I've used Charlie's Angels every single time ( currently we are on level 5) and have yet to lose a match. Championed Switch and GSBW w/ 5/5/2 lvl 150 PX. The Cascade Kings do well also if you are able to get your AP quickly.
  • nyck1118
    nyck1118 Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    You should be able to kick G **** with anyone till round 7
  • Trilateralus
    Trilateralus Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    IM40, LCap and QS for me. Gather yellow to fire recharge asap, Cap can't stun but he can still overwrite tiles and do decent damage and then QS adds a little extra board control and damage.
  • deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    Stormfinite makes it easier.

Basically - Storm (set black to 3), KK and Hulk (set their green's to 3).

Use hulk to tank, KK purple to generate green and her passive heals. Storm - fire her green and yellow. But not her black as it makes using KK's purple harder.

You might have to heal hulk afterwards, but his anger when he is hit gens more green.

Upshot is Storm's green helps wipe out Galactus' special and countdown tiles. After you get it going he won't have many turns left.
  • Kjempen
    Kjempen Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    A team with some nice passive powers that damage, and put 4* Blade in the mix, and Galactus goes down real, real fast. Me, I used Iron Fist + TA Hulk + 4* Blade. Blade is a beast, definitely a top ten 4* in my opinion, though black power could have been better. I'm making him top priority right after champing 4* Punisher. (Only missing one cover for them.)
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    deadtaco wrote:
    Stormfinite makes it easier.

Basically - Storm (set black to 3), KK and Hulk (set their green's to 3).

Use hulk to tank, KK purple to generate green and her passive heals. Storm - fire her green and yellow. But not her black as it makes using KK's purple harder.

You might have to heal hulk afterwards, but his anger when he is hit gens more green.

Upshot is Storm's green helps wipe out Galactus' special and countdown tiles. After you get it going he won't have many turns left.

This is the team I used for a long time, but recently I've swapped out icon_storm.png for star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_magneto.png and it works better and faster. It's not as much as an infinite combo as HulKKStorm, but Magneto has more HP than Storm and does way more damage with his abilities, and his red clears ALL the tutile.png tiles instead of just 7 of them. Use icon_hulk.pnggreenflag.png and icon_kamalakhan.pngpurpleflag.png and you get a team that makes a ton of cascades and can take a couple hits, even into rounds 7 and 8. It doesn't take a half hour to down Galactus, and the fact that Hulk is powered up makes this even better.

This team also works surprisingly well in The Gauntlet - I cleared it last time using this team.
  • CyberVenom2001
    CyberVenom2001 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    I go with X-Force Wolverine, Iron Fist, Prof. X.

The plan is to get 5 purple as quick as possible to use Iron Fist's power to create black, and a possible 5 match for Xavier to unlock Big Head mode and doing damage. The black feeds into Wolverine's Surgical Strike. Galactus (so far) has fallen in 2-3 turns most fights.
  • joaoleal
    joaoleal Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    So far I've used:
    Hulk
    Gsbw
    3cyclops

Hulk is tanking red, green, black and blue for me. Anger generates lots of green and that usually does the trick with gsbw. Cyclops has good damage with red and black and yellow helps with the cascading and other 2 powers.
  • MushroomGenius808
    MushroomGenius808 Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Been just using a champed Cho and whomever else I feel like through Rd6 (it's been Peggy/3*Spider for rainbow). Cho's green and passive blue are enough to win in 1 cast (12 green AP). The other two guys are just there to be there, some benefit from Spidey's purple protect tiles, but the focus is all on Green matches.
  • Natsufan01
    Natsufan01 Posts: 259 Mover and Shaker
    4clops since he's boosted, Teen Jean and IM40. No losses yet and we're in round 7
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hulk, IM40, and Iceman for me.

Hulk tanks and generates green for Iceman.

IM40 generates green and blue for Iceman. Also his red does a great amount of damage.

Iceman green does between 4000-6000 damage and his punch does 8000 even though it doesn't stun.
  • Kishida
    Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    From a firmly star.pngstar.pngstar.png roster, but without a champed Hulk, I've been using my endurance team of IM40/KK/Groot. Set KK purpleflag.png at 5 & Groot greenflag.png at 5. Use KK to eliminate black/generate green, keep blasting the board w/ Groot & whenever IM40 isn't stunned from his yellowflag.png , pound Galactus with his other two powers. I'm in Round 7 and holding on, but the matches are closer than I'd like.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Iron fist,OBW and SWitch, Scarlet as Purple Battery for Fist (or Widow in a pinch) Fist for Punching, Widow for Health Bursts and increasing countdowns
    Currently at level 5, undefeated
    early rounds i used XFW (Surgical Strike at 4) in Widow's spot
  • Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    GR/4cyke/IM40 getting into round 8 barely lose health fighting him.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    My alliance just unlocked round six and so far *** Hulk, *** Punisher, and *** Falcon have done the deed. Falcon helps by removing countdown tiles and buffing Punisher's strike tiles, and with Hulk boosted he tanks green, red, and team-ups, so he can almost always be in the front to take a hit from a resolving countdown and trigger anger. Punisher waits for <40% Galactus health before deciding it's time for a little retribution. I like to in with +2 Blue, +2 Red to make sure that Redwing is online quickly and Punisher is ready to roll when he's needed even with a red-starved board.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2016
    Nothing fancy, just 4* cyc + Chulk + im40. That team can win almost instantly through round 7 on a good starting board, and is also tough enough to survive a slow start with 2x boosted 4*s.

For round 8, when galactus has 60k health (or thereabouts), I will likely switch to a more reliable infinity engine, but I will at least try this team a few times.

Edit: galactus was weaker this time, finishing at level 400 with 45k health. So 4*cyc + chulk + im40 was more than enough for the whole event.
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    I've been using Ghost Rider (5/3/5), Doc Ock (5/5/3), and Sam Wilson (Falcon, 5/5/3). Doc Ock making all those attack tiles from Galactus' many special tiles is great and then Falcon improving them is even better. Ghost Rider's green and sometimes red do some decent damage. Once in a while, I even have enough black saved up for Penance Stare. I don't think I'll be able to use this too much longer but it's been decent so far.
  • DanBenZvi
    DanBenZvi Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Im40, 4verine and 4clops. Have yet to lose a match.
  • cubnad
    cubnad Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    I've been using , icon_ghostrider.pngicon_blackwidow.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png and icon_ironfist.png Plan is to collect purpleflag.png / blackflag.png Use icon_ironfist.pngpurpleflag.png to collect black for icon_ghostrider.png if he's starved of blackflag.png or to punch if not. Then use icon_ghostrider.png to finish the fight. In round 7 and only lost once but that was because my board was starved of both blackflag.png and purpleflag.png for a lot of the fight.
  • Zeln
    Zeln Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    3clops, gsbw, and switch

Switch purple --> gsbw for green board control and damage
    3clops yellow --> red for gsbw board control or clops damage if board control not needed

And if I get clops black boooom