Gone For The Holidays *Updated (1/2/17)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited January 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Hey everyone!

We just wanted to let you know about our availability now that the holidays are fast approaching.

Listed down below are the dates that the D3 Go! team will be out of the office:

December: 12/24 - 12/31
January: 1/1 & 1/2 *Update*
(Pretty much next week + weekends)

Having said that though, I'll be sure to stop by the forums every now and then to make sure everything is alright, and to answer any messages.
(Well...after opening holiday presents, of course icon_lol.gif)

Happy Holidays!

Cheers,
Brigby

Comments

• revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Have a great holiday!
  • Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Hopefully after they resolve the Galactus humbug...
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wish I could be gone for the holidays. I work retail, so I get to be in tomorrow, Christmas eve, Boxing day and then two days after. Whoopie!
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    nice having 12 days off, too bad u can't have someone there to fix problems if they do appear next week. look at the galactus opening node debackle today.
  • an1979
    an1979 Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    I wonder if it will end like the Boss Rush did.

How it was then? Something like this (IIRC):
    2 days of not fixing anything, then... weekend!
    We will see you after the unplayable bug-fest ends. icon_lol.gif
  • Kjempen
    Kjempen Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

(Liking the festive season in MPQ so far.)
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Happy Holidays!!

Can we get Thanos stats up before everyone leaves? icon_e_wink.gif
  • blargrx
    blargrx Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Happy holidays!!
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    We are 2 days from autopilot, buckle up everyone
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    So are we going to get a sneek peak for events and buffed characters for the first week of Jan or is someone going to take time from their holidays to update the forum?
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    nice having 12 days off, too bad u can't have someone there to fix problems if they do appear next week. look at the galactus opening node debackle today.

D3 isn't likely to fix the problems.

Now if Demiurge is off for 12 days also...that'll be interesting.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2016
    Brigby,

Does this include the CS team as well? Because as you may know they are currently getting a lot of time-sensitive cover swap requests. Would hate for people to miss out on those because of poor planning with a sale/new release.

Edit: CS is working. Thanks, guys!
  • Ding
    Ding Posts: 179
    Merry Christmas
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Daiches wrote:
    Brigby,

Does this include the CS team as well? Because as you may know they are currently getting a lot of time-sensitive cover swap requests. Would hate for people to miss out on those because of poor planning with a sale/new release.

1gin8n.jpg
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Hope your holidays go well, and thanks for all the help you have provided us so far.

I know it might be a little early to ask, and this isn't anything pressing, but I wasn't really sure where else to mention this. As far as I can tell, Patch is the only character who's attack descriptions don't mention how strong the strike tiles are going to be. It'd be really helpful to know that in advance, since you're giving them to the other team too. Again not super important, just something I was hoping I could relay to you somehow and I wasn't sure of the best place to do so.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I miss seeing reds! Come back soon! I enjoyed the holiday events! Looking forward to the next big thing!
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby wrote:
    Hey everyone!

We just wanted to let you know about our availability now that the holidays are fast approaching.

Listed down below are the dates that the D3 Go! team will be out of the office:

December: 12/24 - 12/31
    January: 1/1
    (Pretty much next week + weekends)

Having said that though, I'll be sure to stop by the forums every now and then to make sure everything is alright, and to answer any messages.
    (Well...after opening holiday presents, of course icon_lol.gif)

Happy Holidays!

Cheers,
    Brigby

I just re-read this and realised, he didn't say that they're not in the office on 2nd January. We get 2 non-weekend days for New Year, I thought USA had at least one.
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    Moon Roach wrote:
    I just re-read this and realised, he didn't say that they're not in the office on 2nd January. We get 2 non-weekend days for New Year, I thought USA had at least one.
    It depends on the business. If one's line of work typically follows banking and federal government observed holidays, then they would be off work Monday the 2nd as observed New Year's Day. Many standard businesses do not; it depends on how management approaches it.

I work in IT for a major US corporation, and our corporate unit shuts down for a week and a half to two weeks over the holidays. My department is 24x7x365 IT operations support, however, so we still staff even on Christmas Day (which I worked last year).

My wife works in food/beverage insurance, and they follow banker holidays; her company will not be in the office on the 2nd.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Smudge wrote:
    Moon Roach wrote:
    It depends on the business. If one's line of work typically follows banking and federal government observed holidays, then they would be off work Monday the 2nd as observed New Year's Day. Many standard businesses do not; it depends on how management approaches it.

I work in IT for a major US corporation, and our corporate unit shuts down for a week and a half to two weeks over the holidays. My department is 24x7x365 IT operations support, however, so we still staff even on Christmas Day (which I worked last year).

My wife works in food/beverage insurance, and they follow banker holidays; her company will not be in the office on the 2nd.

Wow, so businesses have a choice as to whether or not to give their staff Monday 2nd as a holiday? Not wanting to get too off-topic, it does seem unfair, unless there's some other recompense.

Going completely off-topic... We have Waitangi Day (6th February) and ANZAC Day (25th April) as national holidays. Until a few years ago, if either was on a weekend, tough. Then they were "Mondayised", so if either falls on a weekend we get the following Monday as a day off instead. Most shops and cafes are still open, but often cafes will add a surcharge of up to 20%.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Moon Roach wrote:
    Smudge wrote:
    Moon Roach wrote:

Wow, so businesses have a choice as to whether or not to give their staff Monday 2nd as a holiday? Not wanting to get too off-topic, it does seem unfair, unless there's some other recompense.

Going completely off-topic... We have Waitangi Day (6th February) and ANZAC Day (25th April) as national holidays. Until a few years ago, if either was on a weekend, tough. Then they were "Mondayised", so if either falls on a weekend we get the following Monday as a day off instead. Most shops and cafes are still open, but often cafes will add a surcharge of up to 20%.

Does any of that 20% go into the pockets of the employees working the cafe that day to compensate them for having to work when the white collar folk are off, or is it business owners taking advantage of people having the day off to charge them more?