Chandra, Torch of Defiance

Options
DragonSorcerer
DragonSorcerer Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
edited December 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
I see a Facebook post this morning (21st Dec) ...

"Chandra, Torch of Defiance is available now is (sic) a special holiday sale (70% off) that includes 2 Kaladesh Big Boxes and more!"

I can't see it in the game, can anyone else ?

Comments

• aliasbard
    aliasbard Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I saw the same thing. In my fb feed yesterday and this morning. I can only assume it will be part of the coming update and someone jumped the gun in marketing.
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In the mtggoldfish preview article, they stated Chandra would be available on the 28th.

They just had the wrong week when scheduling the FB post.
  • Shadow76
    Options
    Where do you see that? I don't see it on the Facebook page. Did they take it down already?
  • Yvendros
    Yvendros Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I think the real question is: how many abilities will she have?
  • Shadow76
    Options
    No that's not the real question; you missed the point of this thread entirely. Just saying....
  • aliasbard
    aliasbard Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Options
    The point is SNAFU at D3.
  • DragonSorcerer
    DragonSorcerer Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Shadow76 wrote:
    Where do you see that? I don't see it on the Facebook page. Did they take it down already?

Suggested app in my feed first thing this morning. Still there now.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Apologies for the confusion. Apparently that ad was run a tad earlier than it was supposed to.

We will be posting an article tomorrow on the Magic: Puzzle Quest FAQ page, which contains all the information you'll want to know about Chandra! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • octal9
    octal9 Posts: 593 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Brigby wrote:
    which contains all the information you'll want to know about Chandra! icon_e_biggrin.gif
    I beg to differ!

I'd like her level by level breakdown of mana gains, health, creature/spell/support loadout, and abilities please, so that I can update it on my site.

Just plug it in here and I'll take care of the rest: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1961382116

icon_e_wink.gif
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,934 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    octal9 wrote:
    Brigby wrote:
    which contains all the information you'll want to know about Chandra! icon_e_biggrin.gif
    I beg to differ!

I'd like her level by level breakdown of mana gains, health, creature/spell/support loadout, and abilities please, so that I can update it on my site.

Just plug it in here and I'll take care of the rest: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1961382116

icon_e_wink.gif

When is your site going back up?
  • octal9
    Options
    Mainloop25 wrote:
    When is your site going back up?
    To my knowledge, it's not down: http://mtgpq.info
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    octal9 wrote:
    Brigby wrote:
    I beg to differ! I'd like her level by level breakdown of mana gains, health, creature/spell/support loadout, and abilities please, so that I can update it on my site.
    icon_eek.gif Ok. Maybe just a lot of information.

The article does have a screenshot showing mana bonuses, health, and abilities when she's level 60 though. I'll see what I can do about gathering her card loadout, and stats broken down by level increments.
  • octal9
    Options
    Brigby wrote:
    I'll see what I can do about gathering her card loadout, and stats broken down by level increments.
    My joke above is tongue-in-cheek, but if you manage to get that information holy moly I will super happy if so. icon_e_smile.gif

I won't get my hopes up - I have received a lot of reminders about not getting information before it's released in-game (probably much more relevant because they were developing Kaladesh, but yeah).
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,934 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    oh sorry, I still had the link as beta.mtgpq.info I didn't see that you took beta out of the url. My mistake!
  • Shadow76
    Options
    Can someone post a link to this supposed FAQ? I can't find it.
  • Shadow76
    Options
    Lol. Just noticed the "tomorrow" part. Still if someone wants to put it here when it's up for quick access. Thanks
  • qwweetrtr
    qwweetrtr Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    Options
    What article shows her abilities and Mana bonuses. Link it? I don't really care about her level to level at this point. I just want to see what she does.
  • ZW2007-
    ZW2007- Posts: 812 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Since Brigby didn't feel like posting links, here they are:
    https://d3publisherofamerica.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/217123886-Chandra-Torch-of-Defiance-Pack
    https://d3publisherofamerica.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/218035783-Chandra-Torch-of-Defiance-Deck-Starter

Not very impressive, she really wants to be a red Ob Nixilis but she's not even close. I'll stick with Chandra 1 if I want to use a Chandra planeswalker. The bundle might still be worth it if it doesn't cost a fortune considering she comes with 2 Kaladesh Big Boxes and 250 crystals.
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    She is energy-dependent, yet they want you to buy Harnessed Lightning, which removes all energy from the board. Huh.
  • SpaceDuck
    SpaceDuck Posts: 85 Match Maker
    Options
    ZW2007- wrote:
    Not very impressive, she really wants to be a red Ob Nixilis but she's not even close. I'll stick with Chandra 1 if I want to use a Chandra planeswalker. The bundle might still be worth it if it doesn't cost a fortune considering she comes with 2 Kaladesh Big Boxes and 250 crystals.

Her mana gain is fantastic. Jace 2.0 and Liliana 2.0 are a lot of fun with their +5/+4 and this will be too.

I can also see a really fun direct damage burn deck here that would become insane with Harness the Storm. From what I can see "Chandra, Burn ALL the Things!" is a day one purchase.