Galactus Hungers.. Reward Concerns

2»

Comments

• TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    JHawkInc wrote:
    What about the simple fact that this will be an event that ends on Christmas day for most of the world's population. Great planning Demiurge.

As opposed to what, doing nothing on/for Christmas at all?

This year is infinitely better than last year. Especially with a Boss event (which doesn't have the typical PVE refresh cycle, making it easier to play "when you want" during the day).

I mean, when the event ends on Christmas, and that's pretty sweet.

I would agree. This IS great planning. An improvement over last year, too.

• Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    JHawkInc wrote:
    What about the simple fact that this will be an event that ends on Christmas day for most of the world's population. Great planning Demiurge.

As opposed to what, doing nothing on/for Christmas at all?

This year is infinitely better than last year. Especially with a Boss event (which doesn't have the typical PVE refresh cycle, making it easier to play "when you want" during the day).

I mean, I'm going to miss a chunk of this event too (with extended family gatherings and traveling, I'll miss more on the 24th than on the 25th). And I've got alliance members that are probably going to miss one of the holiday events as well. But all of the play I can manage to get in is going to increase the rewards my alliance gets when the event ends on Christmas, and that's pretty sweet.

I would agree. This IS great planning. An improvement over last year, too.

Remember that the last day of a boss event is traditionally where the side nodes have scaled to unbearable levels, making those clears long, miserable, and painful.

Merry Christmas! Have a wave node of level 400+ enemies with the 2* cap essential as one of your three characters.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    bbigler wrote:
    WHat about the simple fact that this will be an event that ends on Christmas day for most of the world's population. Great planning Demiurge.

Don't you know that MPQ is supposed to envelop your entire life, leaving no room for less important things, such as social events, holidays, birthdays, anniversaries, child birth, college graduation, weddings, medical emergencies, etc.

The people who don't have those responsibilities/privileges probably deserve top rank. It's all they have.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    morph3us wrote:
    You know what would be nice?

A bunch of small events we could play casually, without regard to timers and refreshes over major holidays like this. It would really help keep the playerbase engaged during these periods.

I'm hoping Crash of the Mad Titan fits into this, being what sounds like a reskinned DDQ that resets every day. The Gauntlet would have been perfect (and Thanos themed, pardon the pun icon_razz.gif)

Alliance locked boss events don't quite meet that criterion.
    as much as I didn't personally like it the Gauntlet Would have been a good event to run from X-Mas to New Years Day
    perfect for playing at your own pace without the ridiculous scaling that Boss events have
  • AgentCoulsonLMD
    AgentCoulsonLMD Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    What is the proof that the Galactus event starts on Thursday, (12/22) my alliance wants to know?
  • TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    What is the proof that the Galactus event starts on Thursday, (12/22) my alliance wants to know?

The updated MPQ Sneak Peek for this month.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=55479
  • SummerGlau

The updated MPQ Sneak Peek for this month.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=55479

You can also find event info in Story events starts at Noon EST
    If you clear round 4 you'll get all three Thanos Covers
    looks like Court Death Does more damage to enemies than allies starting at Rank 2 and doesn't damage Thanos
    3 epic heroes and Bag Man are powered up
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Galactus progression rewards...snozemas.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2016

I see little reason to complain, though. Boss events are much, much more forgiving about timed play than normal PVEs (unless of course you are super bent on getting your alliance to the end of round 8, but then it is you the one ruining Christmas for the game, not the game forcing you.) Moreover, the rewards scheme is also superior. Finishing round 6 is super easy with minimal effort by everybody. That's 2 4*s and all three Thanos for each person in your alliance. Which other PVE would have you run during Christmas that's so "play as much as you want" while giving back so much?
  • SummerGlau
    I like that my casual alliance always clears round 4 (even in Boss Rush so I feel confident that i'll at least have all three covers for the Mad Titan
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    Pylgrim wrote:
    I see little reason to complain, though. Boss events are much, much forgiving about timed play than normal PVEs (unless of course you are super bent on getting your alliance to the end of round 8, but then it is you the one ruining Christmas for the game, not the game forcing you.) Moreover, the rewards scheme is also superior. Finishing round 6 is super easy with minimal effort by everybody. That's 2 4*s and all three Thanos for each person in your alliance. Which other PVE would have you run during Christmas that's so "play as much as you want" while giving back so much?

I'll definitely say that Demi have done an incredible job with the reward structure for this run of Galactus Hungers. It's incredibly player friendly in terms of 3* Thanos.
  • spectator
    spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
    I hope bagman gets a 400 level boost. Because it's christmas
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    spectator wrote:
    I hope bagman gets a 400 level boost. Because it's christmas

Bahg, humbug!
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    nyck1118 wrote:
    Chill out sip some egg nog and relax. YOU DON'T HAVE TO COMPLAIN ABOUT EVERYTHING

Umm...you haven't been here long, have you?
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like that my casual alliance always clears round 4 (even in Boss Rush so I feel confident that i'll at least have all three covers for the Mad Titan

I thought boss rush the rounds were individual based. It was one of the many hated things about it.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm...thoroughly disappointed they chose Galactus. Or indeed any boss style event.
    Simply because I've been trying to get a Ghost Rider green cover for ages. He was rewarded for The Hunt and it was very likely his green would be the 4* progression reward for the next PvE.

Only it's a boss fight. And there are no clearance levels. So there is no 4* progression. So I miss out again.