900 base points for 50 hp reward

Options
Mrazy
Mrazy Posts: 46
edited April 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Why not just remove the HP reward overall, i was number 2 on the last pvp event with 720 point and the number one guy was at 740, 900 points is just unreasonable.

Comments

• Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Not going to comment on whether it's too high or not, but plenty of people cross over 900 points. So, uh...don't take it out.

Edit: And by 'plenty', I mean something like 0.1% of the playing population or less.
  • Compared to the HP given for individual and alliance placement, the 50 HP really is not that much. Also, events! I spent 1700 HP on an alliance slot and had earned it all back by the end of the last event. This is a change for the worse, but it is one that I can live with.
  • Nemek wrote:
    Not going to comment on whether it's too high or not, but plenty of people cross over 900 points. So, uh...don't take it out.

Edit: And by 'plenty', I mean something like 0.1% of the playing population or less.

How much in shields do you have to spend or how hard do you have to tank your MMR to reach that plateau?
  • Nemek
    Options
    Toxicadam wrote:
    Nemek wrote:

How much in shields do you have to spend or how hard do you have to tank your MMR to reach that plateau?

I might spend 75HP on shields just to make sure the score is good for the alliance. I tank when it's appropriate, but after 800-900, though...you're facing all lvl 120+ teams, anyway.
  • Nemek wrote:
    I might spend 75HP on shields just to make sure the score is good for the alliance. I tank when it's appropriate, but after 800-900, though...you're facing all lvl 120+ teams, anyway.

That's my point though. You CAN reach 900 ... if you play peek-a-boo through shields, or tank your MMR so thoroughly that you don't see any worthy competition until you reach 700 or so.

So, you need to put some asterisks next to your statement that 'plenty of people cross over 900 points'.
  • In the last thor pvp event, I went up to 1000 to get the second 50hp reward, and one hour later after I had stopped playing, I was at 1016 because two people had lost to me... All that without shielding once. Getting a high score is definitely possible.
  • Nemek
    Options
    Toxicadam wrote:
    Nemek wrote:

That's my point though. You CAN reach 900 ... if you play peek-a-boo through shields, or tank your MMR so thoroughly that you don't see any worthy competition until you reach 700 or so.

So, you need to put some asterisks next to your statement that 'plenty of people cross over 900 points'.

I don't think a statement that says "X number of people achieve a certain point threshold" is any less true, regardless of the methods they used to get there.
  • I only shield for my alliance. I still cross 900 without needing to shield.
  • The 50 points didn't disappear: They just moved to the alliance rewards. If your alliance is even remotely active, you get your 50 hp without having to break 500 anymore.
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Options
    900 is a hell of a goal without shielding..even with managing ur mmr..
  • Yeah. I preferred the old way of 50hp at 500 and 1k.
  • Moral
    Moral Posts: 512
    Options
    If you're shooting for participation, move the 2* cover to 500 and 50 hp to 700.

Too high and people don't even try.

700 is a good number because my past few brackets have required 625 for top 10. You can get an extra push for a lot of players that get within 50 points of the next reward.
  • hibikir wrote:
    If your alliance is even remotely active, you get your 50 hp without having to break 500 anymore.

Uh.... no.

Why do people insist that Hero Points are handed out like candy?
  • MikeHock wrote:
    hibikir wrote:
    If your alliance is even remotely active, you get your 50 hp without having to break 500 anymore.

Uh.... no.

It flows easy for many forumers because they know how and when to compete in PVP and events. And it really is flowing. I've made 2000 in a few weeks. With alliances and PVE subs and all that, I am getting more HP now than I did when 3* covers still sold for it.
  • They have more events so placing in HP territory in some of those events isn't too difficult. Plus Alliances add new sources of HPs, so overall I think they give out more HPs. I'm a little miffed about the removal of the 500 point progression for HP, but I can see why the devs made that decision. 500 points in a pvp was usually enough for a top 45 placement so you'd end up with 100 HP and a 3* cover.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ghast wrote:
    MikeHock wrote:
    hibikir wrote:

Uh.... no.

It flows easy for many forumers because they know how and when to compete in PVP and events. And it really is flowing. I've made 2000 in a few weeks. With alliances and PVE subs and all that, I am getting more HP now than I did when 3* covers still sold for it.
    Also, because they're actually in competitive alliances icon_e_sad.gif
  • Ghast wrote:
    MikeHock wrote:
    hibikir wrote:

Uh.... no.

I earn Hero Points competing in various events just like everyone else does, but since I'm not in one of those top alliances, I am missing out on many rewards.
  • hibikir wrote:
    The 50 points didn't disappear: They just moved to the alliance rewards. If your alliance is even remotely active, you get your 50 hp without having to break 500 anymore.

*FACEPALM* And if you're not in an alliance, THEY TOOK IT AWAY. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • reckless442
    reckless442 Posts: 532 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Dunkelgrau wrote:
    hibikir wrote:
    The 50 points didn't disappear: They just moved to the alliance rewards. If your alliance is even remotely active, you get your 50 hp without having to break 500 anymore.

*FACEPALM* And if you're not in an alliance, THEY TOOK IT AWAY. icon_rolleyes.gif
    Then join or form an alliance. The top 2,500 alliances get at least 50 hp. If an alliance averages 10 players, that's 25,000 players getting 50 hp. And if you are going to score 500+ points in the tourney, that probably would be close to putting an alliance in the top 2,500 scores.
  • Made it up to ~850 before I needed to take a break and the horde descended on me, was a good try icon_e_smile.gif