Knocking on 4* Land's Door

2»

Comments

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll wrote:
    I'm in the same boat the OP was before he opened his hordes. Hoarding on the threshold of 4* land. I currently have all 41 3* champed and 0 4* (got a few at 10 covers though).

My horde currently:
    HT - 121
    LT - 20
    CP - 683

I was planning on opening my horde (or at least some of it) around 300K ISO, but after reading the OP I realize that's probably woefully low. Gonna wait until at least a million now. Probably start opening HTs first and stop if/when I get to a point that I can champ 3 of the must have 4*s.

Thanks for the post OP, nice picture at my future and really helpful for my planning.

I'm gradually building up my 4* characters instead of doing a mass opening and leveling - the advantage is that PvE matches are a little easier and you have a better chance of winning the Crash of Titans. Plus, it makes me feel like I'm making progress everyday - which is good for morale. I just champed my first 4* about 3 weeks ago. My plan is to save LTs for the 5* transition but I'll use some CP to buy Classics when I need another 4* cover. I'm trying to keep up with the ISO needs of the 4*s.
  • Omega Red
    Omega Red Posts: 366 Mover and Shaker
    Very nice. I now have almost that many tokens and cp hoarded. I plan on opening them before next five star is released. Wish I had that much iso available but at best I'll have around 800,000.

I'm still kinda torturing myself on whether to spend my cp on latest to maximize Strange, bolt and widow pulls or just keep building the classics.
  • Uthgarprime
    Uthgarprime Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Everything I read, tells me I would not enjoy 5* land so I champion 4's as I cover max them. Besides most of the best 4*'s for me are missing a cover or 2, and that could take 6 months to get with RNG working against you at times.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Update to entering 4* Land:

Since my last Legendary Token opening, I was able to champ four additional 4* characters: Rhulk, IW, Fury, and Chulk with XFW coming up when I earn his 13th cover from the current PVE. I'm really happy with this progression. I decided the best way to hoard is to wait until I have 1M Iso. This way I have enough Iso to Champ 2-3 4*'s. I earn enough 4* covers from events and tokens so the hoard is not too bad and I enjoy opening multiple tokens much more than just one.

I had 700 CP but I really want to champ Peggy who was at 3/2/4. If I bought her last 4 covers, it would cost 480 CP. This leaves me with 220 CP (11 pulls). I started to pull the first 11, if I open a Peggy than that's one less cover I have to buy.
    :iceman: purpleflag.png - 1/5/2: Glad it's not another Blue! Nice way to start my token opening
    icon_ironman.pngredflag.png - 3/4/5: YES! Maybe I'll actually be able to champ this guy
    icon_punisher.pngblackflag.png - 4/2/3
    icon_professorx.pngpurpleflag.png - 5/5/2: Dup but maybe I can reach his 13th cover on the BoP PVP but do I really want champ him?
    buff_weekly.pngicon_greengoblin.pngpurpleflag.png - 1/2/3: AWESOME!
    buff_weekly.pngicon_greengoblin.pngpurpleflag.png - 1/3/3: DOUBLE AWESOME! Back-to-back! My last hoard gave me 5 covers now I have another 2. I am super happy with this!
    icon_blade.pngblackflag.png - 2/2/4
    icon_carnage.pngblackflag.png - 3/5/2
    medusa_icon.pngredflag.png - 0/2/4
    medusa_icon.pngyellowflag.png - 1/2/4: Nice!

One more cover before I decide if I want to buy Peggy's remaining covers

icon_peggycarter.pngyellowflag.png - 3/3/4: Haha! Looks like I just earned another 6 pulls. Let's keep going!
    icon_blackbolt.pngblackflag.png - 1/2/1: Yes! It's a good thing I decided to keep going!
    icon_kingpin.pngyellowflag.png - 4/2/5: Then I get a Dup icon_mad.gif
    wasp_icon.pngblueflag.png - 3/4/2: Wasp loves me.. but I don't love her
    icon_wintersoldier.pngredflag.png - 3/1/2
    icon_quake.pngblueflag.png - 2/1/3

One more cover before I decide if I want to buy Peggy's remaining covers

icon_peggycarter.pngyellowflag.png - 3/4/4: WOW! What are the odds! I just earned another 6 pulls!
    icon_professorx.pngpurpleflag.png - 5/5/2: Ugh another Dup!
    icon_invisiblewoman.pngblueflag.png - 4/4/5: Champ level
    icon_lukecage.pngredflag.png - 3/0/4
    icon_ironman.pngblackflag.png - 3/5/5: FINALLY! It's about time I can champ him! Glad I pulled those Peggys
    medusa_icon.pngpurpleflag.png - 1/2/5: Eh a 5th cover.. this sucks
    medusa_icon.pngredflag.png - 1/3/5: Okay maybe not ;)

Okay I have 240 CP left.. I could buy the remaining Peggy covers but after champing IMHB, I decided that the covers will eventually come so I will keep opening the remaining 12 pulls

buff_weekly.pngicon_silversurfer.pngblueflag.png - 1/1/1: Woohoo! Definitely worth to pull more. Got my first blue cover so he cannot be stunned!
    icon_miles.pngredflag.png - 2/2/4
    icon_blade.pngblackflag.png - 3/2/4
    icon_katebishop.pngblackflag.png - 1/4/1
    icon_lukecage.pngyellowflag.png - 4/0/4
    icon_venom.pnggreenflag.png - 4/1/3
    icon_jeangrey.pngpurpleflag.png - 5/3/5: Champ level
    icon_ironman.pngblueflag.png - 3/5/5: Now I'm definitely champing him
    icon_carnage.pngblackflag.png - 3/5/2: Ugh.. Dup
    medusa_icon.pngredflag.png - 1/4/5: Holy ****! That's 5 covers I pulled for her. Now I regret not going for her Yellow in Shield Sim two seasons ago

Last token.. will it be another Peggy?!

icon_mrfantastic.pngblueflag.png - 2/1/1: Of course not.. freaking lousy Mr. Fantastic. His blue at 2 covers doesn't even stun!

I am very happy with the results. Out of the 35 pulls: 4-5*'s (11%), 31-4*s (88%). I'm happy with the 5*'s as I got 2 more Green Goblins. I still have 20 LL that I am saving. I only had 4 dups (12% of 31) which I am fine with. I ended up not reaching 900 in BoP so I will not be champing Professor X and I will sell his two purple for extra Iso. However, I was able to champ IMHB so I am happy with that. Although I decided not to buy Peggy's covers, I opened two more and I feel the next two will eventually come but if not, 240 CP is not hard to gather. Also, I did not open any Captain Marvels, but I did get 5 Medusa covers that I am very excited about. Overall I am happy with my progress and I am impressed that MPQ has continued to keep my attention.

Happy hoarding and building everyone! Comment or share your stories below icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • dpoch
    dpoch Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Now that's an inspirational classic-token pulls story for Peggy! Thanks for sharing, Pun - I hope to hoard for Peggy sometime soon, too. Iso needs remain ever present with 4* Punisher & Quake rewards coming up in PvP, & possible Miles + Spider-Gwen combo social-media reward. Going on a CP-fueled Classic token run would be fun, though saving up a million iso for two 4* champs will be tough. Guess that's the right amount of time to wait to comfortably go on a pulling spree.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Awesome pulls, Pun. I'm jealous of your Medusa luck. I dropped CmdPts to fully cover my Peggy this week too, best decision I ever made. Even unboosted she's a beast. It's going to be hard not to take her into every match.

Suggestion: Don't sell the Prof X dupes. Build a second one. A 5/5/0 underleveled Prof X is perfect for Winfinity.