Knocking on 4* Land's Door

Punisher5784
Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
edited February 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Back in mid-November I made a post about completing my goal of completing champing all my 3*'s (https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=54887&hilit=+feeling). I had been hoarding CP and LT's for quite sometime (1140 CP, 35 LT's). I recently pulled some 4* covers for max-covered characters (JG and Cyke) from 3* champ rewards so I figured I might as well start opening my stash. I've been dying to do it and I had 1.6M Iso saved too. Plus I was getting sick of missing DDQ Crashes and having a rough time with 4* Essential PVE nodes. I want out of 3* land so here are my token pulls:

commandpointsbig.pngClassic (57):
:elektra: purpleflag.png 4/4/4 - wish all my pulls built my characters this way
icon_lukecage.pngyellowflag.png 3/0/2
buff_weekly.pngicon_greengoblin.pngyellowflag.pngblackflag.pngyellowflag.pngyellowflag.pngpurpleflag.png 1/1/3 - Wow! I had 0 GG, now I have 5. Sucks it's mostly Yellow though
icon_falcon.pngyellowflag.pngblueflag.pngblueflag.png 2/2/1
icon_starlord.pngredflag.pngredflag.png 5/3/5 - CHAMPED HIM!
icon_quake.pnggreenflag.png 2/0/1
icon_wintersoldier.pngpurpleflag.png 2/1/1
buff_weekly.pngicon_wolverine.pngredflag.png 0/0/2 - Maybe one day I will get Yellow :(
icon_peggycarter.pngredflag.png 3/0/2
icon_invisiblewoman.pngblueflag.pngyellowflag.png 5/3/3
GwenpoolIcon.PNGpurpleflag.pngblackflag.pngblackflag.png 2/2/2
SpiderWoman_icon.PNGpurpleflag.pngblackflag.pngpurpleflag.png 4/2/0
icon_nickfury.pngyellowflag.pngyellowflag.png Already 3/5/5 (lvl 166).. Is he worth Champing? I don't think he is but I'm open to suggestions
icon_spidergwen.pngredflag.pngredflag.pngyellowflag.pngpurpleflag.png 1/2/1
wasp_icon.pngblueflag.png 2/2/1
buff_weekly.pngicon_ironman.pngblueflag.png 0/1/0
icon_ironman.pngredflag.png 2/2/5 - Finally I normally pull freaking Blue! Really 2/2/15
icon_drax.pngpurpleflag.png 0/1/0
icon_thor.pngredflag.pngblueflag.png 3/5/5 - This right here is the best pulls.. why? Because she should have been maxed 2-years ago but I kept pulled 1000 yellows! I'm Champing this ****!
icon_carnage.pngblackflag.pngredflag.png 2/4/1
buff_weekly.pngicon_captainamerica.pngyellowflag.pngblueflag.png 1/2/1 - Too bad he's horrible
icon_cyclops.pngyellowflag.png Already 5/3/5 - Time to finally Champ him! I had 2 Pending already!
icon_antman.pngpurpleflag.pngpurpleflag.png 5/1/1 - One extra Purple.. this annoys me.. alot
icon_iceman.pngblueflag.png 0/5/1 - I love the bump in damage on the 5th blue 4000 for lvl 70 is awesome.. but where are the other covers!!
icon_x23.pngpurpleflag.png 1/0/3
buff_weekly.pngicon_hulk.pngpurpleflag.png 1/0/1 - Did they give the special gift yet for anyone with "The Other Guy" yet? I have it now!
icon_ghostrider.pngblackflag.pngblackflag.pngredflag.png 0/5/5 - Really? Where is the Green?!
icon_jeangrey.pngpurpleflag.pngpurpleflag.pngblueflag.png Already 5/3/5 - Time to finally Champ her! I had 2 Pending already!
icon_nova.pngredflag.png 1/0/1
icon_blade.pngblackflag.png 2/1/3
buff_weekly.pngicon_jeangrey.pnggreenflag.png 1/0/0
icon_deadpool.pngblackflag.png 2/4/0
icon_hulkcho.pngblackflag.png 5/1/5 - Ugh I need blue!

token_legendary.pngLatest (35):
:peggycarter: blueflag.png 3/0/3 - Where is the Yellow?! Yes I want her best cover
icon_katebishop.pngblueflag.png 1/2/1
icon_x23.pngredflag.png 1/1/3
buff_weekly.pngicon_blackbolt.pnggreenflag.pngyellowflag.png 1/1/1
icon_moonknight.pngpurpleflag.png 0/2/1
icon_kingpin.pngyellowflag.png 3/1/4
icon_quake.pngyellowflag.png 2/1/1
buff_weekly.pngdrstrange_icon.pngblueflag.pngpurpleflag.pngblueflag.png 2/1/0
icon_ironman.pngblueflag.png - 2/2/16 NOOOOO! I already have a Blue pending.. what's the Iso trick for 2 same color 4* covers?
icon_starlord.pngyellowflag.pngpurpleflag.png Now I am glad I champed him (Thank God for that Rebalance!)
buff_weekly.pngicon_blackwidow.pngredflag.png 0/1/1
icon_spidergwen.pngpurpleflag.png 2/2/1 - I had 0 before today
icon_nova.pngyellowflag.png 1/1/1
icon_carnage.pnggreenflag.png 2/4/2
icon_thing.pngredflag.png 4/2/2
icon_miles.pngredflag.png 2/1/3
icon_cyclops.pngblueflag.pngredflag.png Now I am glad I champed him :)
icon_wintersoldier.pngpurpleflag.png 3/1/1
icon_blade.pnggreenflag.png 2/2/3
SpiderWoman_icon.PNGpurpleflag.pngblackflag.png 5/3/0 - Where is the Red?
icon_iceman.pnggreenflag.png 1/5/1 - Finally got Green but I will be annoyed if I pull another Blue.. which I will.. alot more times.. ugh
icon_hulkcho.pngblueflag.png 5/2/5 - YES! Just one more Blue! Will I get it? No I'll probably have to buy it :(
GwenpoolIcon.PNGgreenflag.pngpurpleflag.png 3/2/4 - Wow maybe I'll cover her soon
icon_thor.pngblueflag.png Now I am glad I champed her. Shocked this wasn't Yellow!
icon_deadpool.pngblackflag.png 2/5/0 - Where is the Purple!!?
wasp_icon.pngblueflag.png 2/3/1
And the last one.... icon_punisher.pngblueflag.png 0/1/1 - I better get a Punisher! lol

Overall I am happy but not happy as I guess I expected more after hoarding for so long but nonetheless it was fun. I champed 4 characters (JG, SL, Cyke, Thor) which cost me 1.27M Iso.. I did not take into account that promoting a 4* is 12,500 Iso.. wow! Good thing I saved all this Iso. I also did not think about the HP cost to roster characters I did not have (Spider-Gwen, Drax, 5* Strange, 5* Ironman, Phoenix, Green Goblin) which cost me 6000 HP! I have 5000 HP left (Thanks SHIELD Intercept!). I have 4 wasted covers (2 Fury, IMHB and Ant-Man), not bad but it's only going to get worse as I open more tokens. 4* characters I did not pull: XFW, RHulk, Venom, Professor X, Mr. Fantastic.. works for me as my Rhulk is already covered and I don't care for the others. 5* pull rate was 10/57 Classics (17%) and 6/35 Latest (17%) which I guess is normal. I haven't paid attention to 5*'s yet.

I guess I will hoard again.. the feeling of opening a Dup after grinding PVE stings too much. Feel free to share your pull victories, goals, stats and anything else below. Thanks for reading icon_e_biggrin.gif

Updated 2/10/17: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=56066&p=635243#p635243

Comments

• like1tiger
    like1tiger Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Thanks for sharing it was an interesting read.
    You made great choices on who u champed and u will really see a difference now so enjoy!

I have 15 fully covered 4 stars now and need about 6million iso haha
  • fnedude
    fnedude Posts: 383 Mover and Shaker
    I like Nick Fury, give him an AP generator like BB or Hood, that helps him fire off his Yellow. Otherwise go "defensive" with him w/ 5 Blue & 5 Purple/Pink.
  • bob554
    bob554 Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
    fnedude wrote:
    I like Nick Fury, give him an AP generator like BB or Hood, that helps him fire off his Yellow. Otherwise go "defensive" with him w/ 5 Blue & 5 Purple/Pink.

I'm a fan too! for his colour combo I usually prefer Antman, but I do like his powers, especially his blue in PVP. against the AI it can wreck or one-shot even the most powerful opponents

Edit: I'll also add the the AI usually plays him better than Antman, so he usually can get a spot on my defensive PVP
  • BigRussian
    BigRussian Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Here was a recent CP and token hoard opening I did a couple weeks ago. Was too lazy to do anything with it before this post - so you inspired me to share!

https://youtu.be/PyDxNV1mIH4 The first batch of 22 Latest Legendary Tokens
    Followed by
    https://youtu.be/J2DpxVoVrTc Spending approx 400+CP on classic tokens

I wasnt a fan of the string of Kingpins i got in the second vid.. I've been waiting for the last black cover of his... since forever. RNGesus hates my Kingpin. And two black punishers in a row, lol. Yup good luck I have!

Enjoy the vids!!
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    bob554 wrote:
    fnedude wrote:

I'm a fan too! for his colour combo I usually prefer Antman, but I do like his powers, especially his blue in PVP. against the AI it can wreck or one-shot even the most powerful opponents

Edit: I'll also add the the AI usually plays him better than Antman, so he usually can get a spot on my defensive PVP

Put me in Pro Fury camp too. He's not top tier and his yellow is in need of a tweak, but he's solid. I wouldn't prioritize him over Jean Grey, but if there's no one else on deck I'd say champ him.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    17% rate of 5* is amazing. In theory the rate is 15% but reality for many players is way below that. So in this regard you did fine. One thing I would do differently is I would pull the CP on Latest. With the said 17% rate you would have them better covered (imagine the 5 gg covers on your black bolt) and more action ready.
  • Punisher5784
    Thanks everyone for the suggestion. I think I will champ him. I have 2 pending covers, 1 in PvE progression and my GSBW is going to reward one on next champ level. I have no one else to champ or use Iso for until my next hoard. I do like his blue so maybe I'll use him now.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    STOPTHIS wrote:
    bob554 wrote:
    fnedude wrote:

Put me in Pro Fury camp too. He's not top tier and his yellow is in need of a tweak, but he's solid. I wouldn't prioritize him over Jean Grey, but if there's no one else on deck I'd say champ him.

Thanks, all. This is very timely advice for me, too. The Juggernaut: Heroic progression should get me my 13th Fury Cover (currently 3/5/4) while GSBW is at Lv182...
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Fury is a middle class 4*. If you have expiring covers for him and no one better to champ instead, then he's not a *bad* choice (after all, the goal is probably champing everyone, so even the weaker 4*s will need iso someday).

But he really isn't a great character. He isn't especially tough, all three of his powers are expensive (requiring 4 match3s), and he only has one outstanding power (the blue is awesome, especially when boosted). yellow is hard to use and a little underwhelming even at max effect (none of the "grab bag of powers" abilities are any good -- looking at you 5* cap! -- don't know why demi keeps developing them). And purple is a little pricey and slow for the effect.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    bob554 wrote:
    fnedude wrote:

A boosted champed Fury can deal over 20K with his Demolition.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Another benefit is you'll be able to climb a little higher in PvP now. If your 4*s are in the boosted list then higher still.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    bbigler wrote:
    bob554 wrote:

I hit a Demolition during Earth's Mightiest. It scraped boosted Peggy from full health. icon_eek.gif
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jarvind wrote:
    bbigler wrote:
    bob554 wrote:

I hit a Demolition during Earth's Mightiest. It scraped boosted Peggy from full health. icon_eek.gif

If the demolition bug triggers, then it activates twice! 2 down for the price of 1, which is totally unfair no matter which side you're on.
  • adamdivine
    adamdivine Posts: 136 Tile Toppler
    So it is a bug... that's why my last clash was so easy!
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm in the same boat the OP was before he opened his hordes. Hoarding on the threshold of 4* land. I currently have all 41 3* champed and 0 4* (got a few at 10 covers though).

My horde currently:
    HT - 121
    LT - 20
    CP - 683

I was planning on opening my horde (or at least some of it) around 300K ISO, but after reading the OP I realize that's probably woefully low. Gonna wait until at least a million now. Probably start opening HTs first and stop if/when I get to a point that I can champ 3 of the must have 4*s.

Thanks for the post OP, nice picture at my future and really helpful for my planning.
  • Punisher5784
    broll wrote:
    I'm in the same boat the OP was before he opened his hordes. Hoarding on the threshold of 4* land. I currently have all 41 3* champed and 0 4* (got a few at 10 covers though).

My horde currently:
    HT - 121
    LT - 20
    CP - 683

I was planning on opening my horde (or at least some of it) around 300K ISO, but after reading the OP I realize that's probably woefully low. Gonna wait until at least a million now. Probably start opening HTs first and stop if/when I get to a point that I can champ 3 of the must have 4*s.

Thanks for the post OP, nice picture at my future and really helpful for my planning.

Glad it will help you. Opening my large hoard of Heroic tokens helped boost my Iso tremendously with all 2/3*s champed. Youll easily gain 1 or 2 Shield ranks and you can rotate your 2* farm at 65k iso each. Good luck. I look forward to your token open post icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Glad it will help you. Opening my large hoard of Heroic tokens helped boost my Iso tremendously with all 2/3*s champed. Youll easily gain 1 or 2 Shield ranks and you can rotate your 2* farm at 65k iso each. Good luck. I look forward to your token open post icon_e_biggrin.gif

YW.

I plan on posting, don't know if I'll make my own thread or do the no-pull (insert month) thread, but it will be somewhere.

Did you happen to record how many you opened and what your net ISO game was from HTs?
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll wrote:

My horde currently:
    HT - 121
    LT - 20
    CP - 683

With that little iso, you can probably open your tokens until you pull a 14th cover for a 4* that you want to champ. But going much further than that will almost certainly leave you with a bunch of covers that you can't use for lack of iso.
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 728 Critical Contributor
    Vhailorx wrote:
    broll wrote:

My horde currently:
    HT - 121
    LT - 20
    CP - 683

With that little iso, you can probably open your tokens until you pull a 14th cover for a 4* that you want to champ. But going much further than that will almost certainly leave you with a bunch of covers that you can't use for lack of iso.

I'd at least open your HT if not some of your LT and CP. That should help you rather than hinder you. I got all my 3* done a month or so ago and have been opening tokens and spending CP with abandon! Had 30+ LT and close to 1000CP when I did.

Of the now 162 different 4* and 5* covers I could pull, I had only a few that would be useless to me (ie already had 5 covers or character at 13 but not champed) so it wasn't too risky and it was much better to get some semi-usable 4* than look at a bank of tokens. My bigger worry was HP for roster initially for the handful of characters I didn't have. Now that I have all of them rostered that's gone.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    adamdivine wrote:
    So it is a bug... that's why my last clash was so easy!

This is not a Fury bug, as discussed in other threads, working as intended.

e.g If you trip 2 trap tiles, you get N detonations followed by N-1