What characters do you tend to skip in PvP?

2»

Comments

• mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2016
    Jean Grey, Red Hulk, Dr Strange, Carnage, Champed Iceman for starters

edit: Peggy too
  • Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    Medusa! What a pain she is.
  • Natsufan01
    Natsufan01 Posts: 259 Mover and Shaker
    No 3* are a skip for me. I don't even look at thier level, which has caused me problems once or twice not noticing they were max champed 3s. I still sometimes lose to 3* teams, most often classic magneto and Scarlet Witch.

The 4s I am most likely to skip are Carnage and Peggy. Then Teen Jean, Rulk, or Iceman if they are paired with a boosted 4.

5s are a skip if they are over level 360 and less than 45 points, skip if they are over 400 and worth less than 60 points and more or less an auto skip if they are champed unless they are 75 points and paired with someone weaker.
  • fnedude
    fnedude Posts: 383 Mover and Shaker
    I find RHulk is a perfect counter to Peggy C.

How fires his Green w/ only 9 AP? Nobody, you wait until 18, which Peggy doesn't effect.

Thus you concentrate on her first, then get your 18 AP Green attack off, and her Yellow is usually knocked out by then.
  • SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    I'm not sure there's any 3 stars I actively skip any more. I can kill any single three star before they do anything significant.

I will totally avoid Iceman, Star Lord, Red Hulk, Peggy, Hulkbuster though. I find any of them to be a nightmare to fight if they're decent level.
  • ChuckFan
    ChuckFan Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    fnedude wrote:
    I find RHulk is a perfect counter to Peggy C.

How fires his Green w/ only 9 AP? Nobody, you wait until 18, which Peggy doesn't effect.

Thus you concentrate on her first, then get your 18 AP Green attack off, and her Yellow is usually knocked out by then.

True but to get 18 green, RHulk purple helps a lot and that IS made more expensive by Peggy Yellow. If you don't bring your own Peggy, that gives the AI a lot of time to collect AP in order to get 18 green...
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    I clearly put "iceman" in my previous post and what you know, tried it anyway and lost miserably. Should have avoided.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Whether boosted or not the following are my skip list...

Iceman (though not always)
    Rulk (always skip, hate fighting him)

That's it.

Peggy has an annoying passive but her blue is pretty pricey and I find she rarely gets to fire it.

Jean? No way. Quake makes a mockery of Jean.

OML ? Nope let him sit there doing nothing. Not scary at all, I'll regularly take on 390+ Oml with my champed 4*s. Like someone else said I often think of myself as a target when I use my 10 cover Oml.

I can see medusa being a skip but I've not seen her enough to be sure yet.

Honestly there aren't too many which are instant skips and in general (for me) I only skip those which annoy me. Its got little to do with how good the character is as everyone is beateable at any level.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've counted the 4* characters that people say they skip in this short thread and here are the results (by frequency):

#1 Red Hulk
    #2 Iceman
    #3 Peggy
    #4 Jean Grey
    #5 Carnage
    #6 Medusa
    #7 Star Lord
    #8 Hulkbuster, Moon Knight, Luke Cage

This definitely gives me some better direction on characters I should try to use in PvP in order to climb. Of course, any team can be beaten, but certain teams get attacked less. For me, I avoid teams that hurt my guys enough to make me use more health packs; hence, my distaste for auto-damage dealers like Carnage, Medusa, Dr Strange and Iron Fist.
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Jarvind wrote:
    After this week I'm skipping boosted PX forevermore. Holy hell, if he manages to go invisible his tiles get out of control almost immediately.

I also have a weird one - Classic Magneto. I dunno what it is about this guy but every time I fight him I swear he fires each of his powers about seventeen times.

Did it once, got the t-shirt, not doing that again.
    Thought it would be a walkover even if he went invisible...
    If he's boosted and someone else is tanking his colours then maybe, otherwise nope.

If it's during a hop, anyone that goes invisible is avoided unless i'm running boosted AOE.
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    drstrange_icon.png I haven't actually seen the 5-star in PVP but the 3-star is showing up more-and-more.
    icon_peggycarter.png Nope. Nope nope nope nope. Nope.
    icon_iceman.png
    icon_jeangrey.png Oddly, I'm quite willing to face the 5-star but the 4-star has me reaching for the SKIP button.
    icon_redhulk.png When I eventually have Quake fully cover'd then I'll stop being afraid of this guy. Until then: nope!