Open your DDQ Tacos!

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    All this makes me wonder: what determines the cover distribution in each player's vault? I had assumed everyone's contents were the same...
    It's RNG. This game should be called Marvel RNG Quest
  • WalrusGooner
    WalrusGooner Posts: 62 Match Maker
    broll wrote:
    All this makes me wonder: what determines the cover distribution in each player's vault? I had assumed everyone's contents were the same...
    It's RNG. This game should be called Marvel RNG Quest

They even RNG the RNG! Amazing.
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    I had 1 taco token on my alt account and got a Yellow Strange cover. So 1 for 1 so far. icon_e_wink.gif
  • halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    Yoik wrote:
    Annoyed at work I read this and thought F U world. I had quite a bit of coins saved up and I thought id try and win a Strange cover on the spur of the moment. I need a few blues I think to be able to champ him yet. Brought a ten pack. Nothing.

That’s fine. I’ll buy another one. Nothing.

………………………..

I went for a 3rd. “”WHY!!!!!!!!!!!! WHYYYYYYY!!!!!” you cry, “” are you insane? “” In hindsight Yes. Yes I am. Guess what the pull was……………………………………. Nothing.

30 pulls and not one Strange cover.

Anyone seen the film “ Falling Down “ ? I’m about there

Wait... You didn't succeed on something with a 60% chance of failure (0 strange covers), and now you're going to go on a racist rampage to protest minor indignities? Maybe try some deep breaths and reflection first.
  • It seems I´m very lucky with the colors... my vault is blueflag.pngyellowflag.pngyellowflag.pngyellowflag.pngyellowflag.png

Got 3 yellow covers with 169 tokens. He was 2/5/2, I champed him with CP.
  • cubnad
    cubnad Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    My strange is 3/5/5 lvl134 but I use him all the time in PVE so I decided to spend my 48 tokens to try and get some champ levels. 1st pull redflag.pngicon_thor.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png taking her to 4/1/1 very happy with that. Unfortunately no strange but some champ lvls for silver, vision, panther, switch, mostorm and cage. Happy overall
  • deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    130 pulls (so much for that hoard) and 2 Dr. Strange covers. TINYKITTY RNG TINYKITTY THIS TINYKITTY MOTHER TINYKITTY

Brings him up to 3/5/4 though. One more...

Also got 2K HP, 27.5K ISO, 75 Health Packs, 56 star.pngstar.png and 13 star.pngstar.pngstar.png.

Did I get the LT or a star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png? No, no I did not. TINYKITTY RNG TINYKITTY THIS TINYKITTY MOTHER TINYKITTY

Edit : Well, all this iso and 4 covers allowed me to champ icon_blackpanther.png with 3 additional champ levels.

And BP's LT gave me a redflag.pngicon_peggycarter.png - so now I am slightly more happy.

Edit Edit: Also all this activity took me from Lvl 50.5 to 51.5.

Edit Edit: Pulled a drstrange_icon.pngyellowflag.png with a reward token, now champed. Very happy again. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • deadtaco
    bbigler wrote:

Always consider the odds before buying tokens. 5 covers out of 300 is 1.66%, purchasing a 10 pack gives you a 16.6% chance, 3 x 10 packs gives you a 50% chance, which is good, but not guaranteed. It's probably better to just spend 20 CP to buy the 3* Strange Covers you need.

Worse than that actually. It's been shown that buying a 10 or 40 pack, only half your purchase has a shot at a cover. The other half pulls from iso, hp & health packs.

If you open them you will see the first half the pulls are always the non-covers.
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Will check my vault later today, when I'm home. But I have no worry. I already champed my Strange, by spending over 100 CP after I getting the last color I needed in Simulator. But by then I was already hoarding tokens for this vault, so I will open my little stash today.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    deadtaco wrote:
    bbigler wrote:

Always consider the odds before buying tokens. 5 covers out of 300 is 1.66%, purchasing a 10 pack gives you a 16.6% chance, 3 x 10 packs gives you a 50% chance, which is good, but not guaranteed. It's probably better to just spend 20 CP to buy the 3* Strange Covers you need.

Worse than that actually. It's been shown that buying a 10 or 40 pack, only half your purchase has a shot at a cover. The other half pulls from iso, hp & health packs.

If you open them you will see the first half the pulls are always the non-covers.

I'm sorry, but I can't agree with you because of the laws of math and random number generation. 5 out of 300 prizes is a Dr Strange cover, which is 1.666% chance per pull. You then multiply that chance by the number of pulls you make, so 30 pulls gives you a 50% chance at 1 of the 5 Dr Strange covers. Random number generation does not favor the ISO, Health packs or HP, there's just a lot more of those rewards to get. 134 prizes out of 300 are HP, ISO or health packs, that's 44.66% chance per pull! So, don't be surprised if almost half of what you get is not a cover.
  • deadtaco
    bbigler wrote:
    deadtaco wrote:
    bbigler wrote:

I'm sorry, but I can't agree with you because of the laws of math and random number generation. 5 out of 300 prizes is a Dr Strange cover, which is 1.666% chance per pull. You then multiply that chance by the number of pulls you make, so 30 pulls gives you a 50% chance at 1 of the 5 Dr Strange covers. Random number generation does not favor the ISO, Health packs or HP, there's just a lot more of those rewards to get. 134 prizes out of 300 are HP, ISO or health packs, that's 44.66% chance per pull! So, don't be surprised if almost half of what you get is not a cover.

I wasn't talking about math in the slightest. For example, let's say you buy a 10 pack. From what people have reported (and my own experience) the first 5 results are pulling from the iso/HP/health rewards. As in - you have 0% chance of a cover because they are not considered. The last 5 pulls take from the rest and your math is applied for those.

Agree or disagree it doesn't matter.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    deadtaco wrote:
    bbigler wrote:
    deadtaco wrote:
    bbigler wrote:

I wasn't talking about math in the slightest. For example, let's say you buy a 10 pack. From what people have reported (and my own experience) the first 5 results are pulling from the iso/HP/health rewards. As in - you have 0% chance of a cover because they are not considered. The last 5 pulls take from the rest and your math is applied for those.

Agree or disagree it doesn't matter.

This sounds like a conspiracy theory, take the tin foil hat off or show some actual evidence to support your wild claim.
  • Pope Belligerent
    Pope Belligerent Posts: 94 Match Maker
    Been saving up for this one for a while now. I had about 40 tokens. Blew them all. Zero Strange.

I did pull three IFs though. So now I just need the ISO to champ him.
  • Nepenthe
    Nepenthe Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    Opened 116 tacos, got 3 Strange covers, the LT, the random 4* (CHulk) and some other 3*s that were useful. Pretty good haul.
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Now that I opened my little stash, I pulled nothing Strange, but I did pull the last color I needed for Vision, a couple champion levels for Quicksilver, ten health packs, and several champion levels for my 2stars.
  • therightwaye
    therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    I've never been able to save up to 300 tacos. How do you do it?
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    wrote:
    I agree, is it completely random which colors will be made available in the vault for each 3* character?
    My Strange is at
    1 blueflag.png
    4 purpleflag.png
    4 yellowflag.png

and of course the vault has 1 purpleflag.png 4 yellowflag.png
    Come on! haa
  • My Strange is 2 blueflag.png 5 purpleflag.png 3 yellowflag.png
    My vault has 3 blueflag.png 2 yellowflag.png

First pull.. token_legendary.png ! which got me icon_punisher.pngblackflag.png !!
    83 tokens later and zero Strange, mostly iso, health packs and star.pngstar.pngicon_cry.gificon_e_surprised.gificon_eek.gificon_evil.gif
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards

By never looking at my Taco vault. Resist the urge and hoard the token_taco.png
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor

I just horde one set of taco tokens, so you still get to open some every other cycle.

I didn't think I would spend any tacos just to get Strange, but then I was using him in Jug's Heroic and even at 3/4/3 he was chipping away at everyone. I knew I had to champ the good doc. Took 140 pulls, but I finally got 2 blueflag.png. I'll buy the last cover with CmdPts and when his DDQ rolls around I'll get a LT. RoI!

I also pulled the LT from the vault and it got me a token_legendary.pngdrstrange_icon.png! Strange all around!