Open your DDQ Tacos!

Punisher5784
Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
edited December 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
3* Strange is in the DDQ vault today! Open your Taco hoard and champ him! Plus you'll need those healthpacks for Heroic Juggs PVE and BFF PVP icon_e_biggrin.gif

Also last day for the Agent Venom vault. Don't let this "deal" pass you by! icon_lol.gif

Update: I opened my 130 Taco stockpile and I only opened 1 Strange at literally the last taco! It was Blue so I am happy but geez I figured by now he would be champed and ready. This is after I opened over 200 Heroics and still have not pulled one. Good luck everyone!

Comments

• Yoik
    Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Annoyed at work I read this and thought boo world. I had quite a bit of coins saved up and I thought id try and win a Strange cover on the spur of the moment. I need a few blues I think to be able to champ him yet. Brought a ten pack. Nothing.

That’s fine. I’ll buy another one. Nothing.

………………………..

I went for a 3rd. “”WHY!!!!!!!!!!!! WHYYYYYYY!!!!!” you cry, “” are you insane? “” In hindsight Yes. Yes I am. Guess what the pull was……………………………………. Nothing.

30 pulls and not one Strange cover.

Anyone seen the film “ Falling Down “ ? I’m about there

*Removed Profanity*
    - Brigby
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    In a vault consisting of 300 items, you are going to have to be extremely lucky to get the one you want, even in 30 pulls.
  • Reecoh
    Reecoh Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    My vault's Dr. Strange cover distribution is

blueflag.png
    blueflag.png
    blueflag.png
    blueflag.png
    purpleflag.png

icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Yoik
    In a vault consisting of 300 items, you are going to have to be extremely lucky to get the one you want, even in 30 pulls.

Where is the solidarity man!!
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I only have about 30 pulls from each taco vault, so I'm not blowing those 30 on a 1.67% chance for a character I've already got champed. As much as I would love to give him another 5 levels, my tokens aren't there and I'm trying to actually save up to a high number for the first time.

Also I think I'll let the 'deal' on Agent Venom slide just like I let the slightly better, but ultimately also terrible 20 token 4* vaults.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yoik wrote:

Oh I'm sympathetic to your pain. Just realistic too. icon_e_biggrin.gif

I was tempted myself with me both needing blue and purple. However, I came to my senses when I realised the size of the vault. I'll hold off until he features in a much smaller vault.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yoik wrote:
    Annoyed at work I read this and thought F U world. I had quite a bit of coins saved up and I thought id try and win a Strange cover on the spur of the moment. I need a few blues I think to be able to champ him yet. Brought a ten pack. Nothing.

………………………..

I went for a 3rd. “”WHY!!!!!!!!!!!! WHYYYYYYY!!!!!” you cry, “” are you insane? “” In hindsight Yes. Yes I am. Guess what the pull was……………………………………. Nothing.

I am sorry Yoik. I said open your stockpile, not go on a spending spree icon_lol.gif

But you'll get 10 tacos this week so perhaps you'll get lucky icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • XandorXerxes
    XandorXerxes Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    If there are 3 possible successes in your vault and you have 30 tokens, you've got around a 25% chance of getting 1 or more covers. Good luck!
  • Had saved up 300 taco tokens, and was hoping to use them to champion strange when he came to the vault.
    Current build:
    2 blueflag.png
    5 purpleflag.png
    2 yellowflag.png

In the vault:
    3 purpleflag.png
    2 yellowflag.png

icon_neutral.gif
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,388 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yoik wrote:
    Annoyed at work I read this and thought F U world. I had quite a bit of coins saved up and I thought id try and win a Strange cover on the spur of the moment. I need a few blues I think to be able to champ him yet. Brought a ten pack. Nothing.

………………………..

I am sorry Yoik. I said open your stockpile, not go on a spending spree icon_lol.gif

But you'll get 10 tacos this week so perhaps you'll get lucky icon_e_biggrin.gif

You both inspired me. I have 180 tokens stockpiled, and a 2/5/5 drstrange_icon.png . I'd prefer to save my tokens for a 4* I'm in desperate need of, and I'm swimming in HP at the moment. So why not? I bought a 10 pack. In order:

500 iso8big.png
    1000 iso8big.png
    star.pngstar.pngicon_captainamerica.png
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_blade.png
    star.pngstar.pngicon_moonstone.pngicon_ares.pngicon_daken.pngicon_captainamerica.pngicon_captainamerica.png

And number 10 was .....
    blueflag.pngdrstrange_icon.png !

Huzzah. The 13th cover, and the saviour of my purpleflag.png cover wilting on the vine. Now he's champed and L167!

Woohoo!
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Of course. icon_rolleyes.gif My vault is purpleflag.pngpurpleflag.pngpurpleflag.pngpurpleflag.pngpurpleflag.png

And my current Strange is
    2 blueflag.png
    5 purpleflag.png
    4 yellowflag.png
  • Ralph-Wiggum
    Ralph-Wiggum Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    The Taco Vault really needs to have the number of items in it reduced. If I remember correctly, it was one of the first vaults in the game and so even though it had 300 items it was pretty exciting. But now when we have 20 and 80-item vaults all the time, the Taco Vault just looks antiquated. I'm sure D3 would get many more people spending HP on this vault if it had fewer items.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Went through stockpile of 30 and the 2 new earned. Only rares pulled were 2 Quicksilver and 2 Black Panther. Hope he rotates into the Sweet vault in a couple months. Got 58 of those tokens. Well, 8 more chances this week too.
  • illusionist_KA
    illusionist_KA Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    Guess i got extremely lucky in my first 10 pulls.
    Pulled Iron Fist on 1st pull, Strange on 3rd, Scarlet on 10th. with 2 250hp in between.
  • Yoik
    Yoik wrote:

Oh I'm sympathetic to your pain. Just realistic too. icon_e_biggrin.gif

I was tempted myself with me both needing blue and purple. However, I came to my senses when I realised the size of the vault. I'll hold off until he features in a much smaller vault.

icon_e_wink.gif fair enough. I should of stopped after 1 attempt tbh. But the reels said " one more time! "
    Yoik wrote:

………………………..

Ill report back on the dp daily attempts this week. You know it will be strange all the way......
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    firethorne wrote:
    Of course. icon_rolleyes.gif My vault is purpleflag.pngpurpleflag.pngpurpleflag.pngpurpleflag.pngpurpleflag.png

2 blueflag.png
    5 purpleflag.png
    4 yellowflag.png

Ouch I'd trade you if I could. Mine is:
    2 blueflag.png
    1 purpleflag.png
    2 yellowflag.png

Pretty good spread, but as noted above I'm not in a position where it makes a huge amount of sense to open so I'll keep on hording.
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 728 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2016
    firethorne wrote:

2 blueflag.png
    5 purpleflag.png
    4 yellowflag.png

Mine isn't quite as bad. My 3trange is
    2 blueflag.png
    5 purpleflag.png
    2 yellowflag.png

My vault is purpleflag.pngpurpleflag.pngyellowflag.pngyellowflag.pngyellowflag.png

Oh and by the looks of things the cover on offer in the DDQ later is purpleflag.png

Think I'll continue hoarding, even if I got super lucky and pulled the 3 yellowflag.png , I 'd still not be able to champ which is dissapointing

Edit - just noticed one of the 4 star.png is Thoress redflag.png , I need that to get her to 13 and could become my first champ. Off to open my tokens...

Edit again - not that my hoard was big, 16 tokens without this week stuff, but pulled only 1 3 star.png from those... a yellowflag.png Strange!!
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    2/5/2, and my vault has three purpleflag.png and two blueflag.png .

So like a moron even though most of what I have the ability to get from DDQ/the vault this week I can't use, I went ahead and opened my modest ten-token stockpile and the two I earned today.

Two Magneto (2), two Daken (2), a Captain Marvel (2) and the rest was ISO and health packs.

Yay?

Hopefully I get one of the blue covers with the final 8 tacos of the week. At least then I'd get SOME growth for him.
  • WalrusGooner
    WalrusGooner Posts: 62 Match Maker
    broll wrote:
    firethorne wrote:
    Reecoh wrote:
    My vault's Dr. Strange cover distribution is

blueflag.png
    blueflag.png
    blueflag.png
    blueflag.png
    purpleflag.png

icon_rolleyes.gif

2 blueflag.png
    5 purpleflag.png
    4 yellowflag.png

Ouch I'd trade you if I could. Mine is:
    2 blueflag.png
    1 purpleflag.png
    2 yellowflag.png

Pretty good spread, but as noted above I'm not in a position where it makes a huge amount of sense to open so I'll keep on hording.

All this makes me wonder: what determines the cover distribution in each player's vault? I had assumed everyone's contents were the same...
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yoik wrote:

………………………..

Always consider the odds before buying tokens. 5 covers out of 300 is 1.66%, purchasing a 10 pack gives you a 16.6% chance, 3 x 10 packs gives you a 50% chance, which is good, but not guaranteed. It's probably better to just spend 20 CP to buy the 3* Strange Covers you need.