Additional 4-Star, and 4-Star Reinforcements (12/13/16)

2»

Comments

• killercool
    killercool Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    TLCstormz wrote:
    To imagine people sitting around and wasting time, thinking about changes like this, makes me soooooo sad.
    GurlBYE wrote:
    This is news i respond with a resounding meh, as I'd still say a majority of the players base isn't even feeling this.

Worse off as a personally transitioning 3 to 4 player, there aren't enough 4's being given out of the 40+ to even make this relevant to anyone but people who already had every character available as an option anyway.

I am not sure why there is such ambivalence to this announcement. Sure it is not a huge change, but as far as quality of life goes I think it is a nice and simple change that will have a positive impact. This is not something that would have taken any real dev time, so it is not like it would have slowed any other big updates they have on the go. So a thumbs up from me, thanks for the update.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    killercool wrote:
    TLCstormz wrote:
    To imagine people sitting around and wasting time, thinking about changes like this, makes me soooooo sad.
    GurlBYE wrote:
    This is news i respond with a resounding meh, as I'd still say a majority of the players base isn't even feeling this.

Worse off as a personally transitioning 3 to 4 player, there aren't enough 4's being given out of the 40+ to even make this relevant to anyone but people who already had every character available as an option anyway.

I am not sure why there is such ambivalence to this announcement. Sure it is not a huge change, but as far as quality of life goes I think it is a nice and simple change that will have a positive impact. This is not something that would have taken any real dev time, so it is not like it would have slowed any other big updates they have on the go. So a thumbs up from me, thanks for the update.

You haven't been around long, have you? There are some people here who will complain about anything and everything. Not naming names, but...
  • El Satanno wrote:
    You haven't been around long, have you? There are some people here who will complain about anything and everything. Not naming names, but...

I agree, the complaining does go too far sometimes. But the Dev's recently explicitly said (in the Puzzle Warriors podcast) they have very limited resources and have to prioritize their time, which is only logical. But when you think of this, is this the change you really want them to do spend their time on?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    El Satanno wrote:

I agree, the complaining does go too far sometimes. But the Dev's recently explicitly said (in the Puzzle Warriors podcast) they have very limited resources and have to prioritize their time, which is only logical. But when you think of this, is this the change you really want them to do spend their time on?
    Yes.
    Because with other changes, there is a 50% chance they'll break something.
    With additional reinforcements that chance should be significantly lower.
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Yes.
    Because with other changes, there is a 50% chance they'll break something.
    With additional reinforcements that chance should be significantly lower.

meh, with that attitude, the game will never get much better. If a fear of moving forward causes one to stand still, they have already lost the battle, no?

I would much rather risk them messing something up in an attempt to make something truly better. As mentioned, this was not a very big change to make, so in reality this took all of an hour to code. Which begs the question: If they are "crying" about their lack of resources, what are they doing with their "limited time" if the only improvements they make are this minuscule? I firmly believe they are lazy, and that they are ignorant to the current status of the game. Hell, they even admitted they have limited rosters when they tested Boss Rush, so they clearly don't play the game much at all. You can't continue to claim "We didn't know" when people on this forum are crying out for things to change. Granted, there is so much muck out there to wade through, but maybe if they made true quality-of-life changes, there'd be less muck.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    killercool wrote:
    TLCstormz wrote:
    GurlBYE wrote:

Why am I ambivalent?

I literally typed it.

Most who this is positive news to have about every 4 star.

Why is it that everytime someone shares a neutral opinion here they're seen as negative because they don't thumbs up every single action as miniscule as it may be.

they factually know most of their playerbase off the forums are 2 and 3 star players. This factually just doesn't really click with most players.

Neutral =/= negative.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    El Satanno wrote:

I can't imagine this took up a lot of development time, tbh.
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
    Devs: "Here's some extra boosted characters."

Forum: RAGE!
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Personally I love this. It almost guarantees I'll have at least a couple boosted 4*s for any given week.

If you aren't in 4* territory I can obviously see why you'd be lukewarm at best, but it doesn't negatively affect you either so I can't imagine why anyone has beef with this.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is a good thing, but see where they could have added another 2 and 3 star. I remember how frustrating heroics were before having usable 4s. Of course, they could also just make 3strange a permabosted heroic character, I think that would meet with universal praise.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    smkspy wrote:
    This is a good thing, but see where they could have added another 2 and 3 star. I remember how frustrating heroics were before having usable 4s. Of course, they could also just make 3strange a permabosted heroic character, I think that would meet with universal praise.
    given the Volume of Goons in heroics I endorse this product and/or service