Additional 4-Star, and 4-Star Reinforcements (12/13/16)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited December 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Starting on December 15th, we will be adding an additional 4-Star character to the Weekly Powered-Up list.

Also, starting with Juggernaut: Heroic, reinforcements for each Sub-Chapter in Heroic Story Events will include a 4-Star character.

Comments

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Aww, i was hoping this would announce an increase in 4* distribution rate.

But thanks for the anmouncement brigby. 5 4*s a week should make life easier for early 4* transition players.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby wrote:
    Starting on December 15th, we will be adding an additional 4-Star character to the Weekly Powered-Up list.

Also, starting with Juggernaut: Heroic, reinforcements for each Sub-Chapter in Heroic Story Events will include a 4-Star character.
    As asked in the event preview thread, are they going to add a 4 star.png to the weekly list since Fury is already going to be essential?
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I get the first half, but what does this mean?
    Brigby wrote:
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll wrote:
    Brigby wrote:
    I think it means there will be an additional 4* character allowed in the limited heroic rosters.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu wrote:
    broll wrote:
    Brigby wrote:
    I think it means there will be an additional 4* character allowed in the limited heroic rosters.

Yes, heroic events have limited characters available. Each day's sub-event has additional characters available called "reinforcements", previously, the reinforcements were only 3* & 2*.
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    broll wrote:
    Brigby wrote:
    Each sub-event within a Heroic event features an additional boosted character from 1-3*. It changes from sub to sub. They are now adding a bonus boosted 4* to each sub.
  • broll
    Got it. Thanks.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    An added 4 star in each sub....interesting..
  • quality change. many +1s. now about scl 9....... icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Aww, i was hoping this would announce an increase in 4* distribution rate.

I was hoping the exact same thing. I wanted a true QOL improvement. We already hate heroics, so their idea of helping the players out is to make it ever so slightly less terrible. How about something that truly matters for the long run?! The game is notso perfect that something so minuscule can help propel us into the next year! This is all just the same old garbage, re-wrapped with a shiny bow. The changes they are making are complete tinykitty
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu wrote:
    broll wrote:
    Brigby wrote:
    the way I read this there will actually be 2 additional 4s available. the additional weekly boosted 4, and the 4* reinforcement. right? that will help a ton for those in 4* play deal with the scaling involved.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby wrote:

I'd still prefer not having the roster locked out at all, but I suppose additional reinforcements is the most I should have expected. Or I could hope number of 4 star reinforcements to be equal to 3 star reinforcements. Do we get 1 3 star reinforcement, or more than one?
  • zodiac339 wrote:
    Brigby wrote:

I'd still prefer not having the roster locked out at all, but I suppose additional reinforcements is the most I should have expected. Or I could hope number of 4 star reinforcements to be equal to 3 star reinforcements. Do we get 1 3 star reinforcement, or more than one?

the previous reinforcement per sub was one 1* one 2* and one 3*. theyre now modernizing the game by adding one 4* as well per sub. so basically an additional 1,2,3,4 per sub in addition to the weekly boosted list will be available as well as the 2,3, and 4* essentials. the main page nodes feature no reinforcements, just the subs themselves.
  • broll
    Crnch73 wrote:
    Vhailorx wrote:
    We already hate heroics, so their idea of helping the players out is to make it ever so slightly less terrible.

Not to mention that change only makes it slightly less terrible for people transitioning to 4* or higher (the people least likely to struggle with heroics because they have very large rosters). I'm not saying the change is bad, but is very lack luster and targeted at an audience that is least **** by heroics.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thank you, that is a welcome change. Barely using 3*'s these days and it could get old using the same 1 or 2 characters.

I could use 3*'s for variety but scaling is tied to your highest chars so they feel super weak most of the time icon_e_sad.gif
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    And here was me thinking that preview page listed five 4*s as a typo (Like, the event boosted 4* was accidentally added to the weekly boosted by mistake).

Glad to see this is a new feature =)
    Gotta hate those weeks where they say "Here are the 4*s! And you don't have any of them 8D"
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    To imagine people sitting around and wasting time, thinking about changes like this, makes me soooooo sad.
  • pabasa130
    pabasa130 Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    fmftint wrote:
    Brigby wrote:

As asked in the event preview thread, are they going to add a 4 star.png to the weekly list since Fury is already going to be essential?

All heroics are only 3 days long, but the boosted list lasts for 7 days. There is an unfortunate overlap in boosted and essential in the jugs heroic, but whatever event that comes after the heroic will still have nick fury boosted, including the 4* reward for the heroic.
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Brigby wrote:

Given how terrible the base characters are for that one, I'm thrilled to hear about the reinforcement. Not looking forward to an unaccelerated Nova trying to take out everyone.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is news i respond with a resounding meh, as I'd still say a majority of the players base isn't even feeling this.

Worse off as a personally transitioning 3 to 4 player, there aren't enough 4's being given out of the 40+ to even make this relevant to anyone but people who already had every character available as an option anyway.