ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Peej13 wrote:
    I think I speak for everyone, here.

Nope.

As long as there's stats hey?
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Chronicler wrote:
    I think it's humorous that it's been about a month since we got new content - the Strange PVE - and the op is grousing about it being so long since we got something new.

Let's see, Christmas 2015 until April 2016 (Venom Bomb to the Howard PVE).
    Then May 2016 until October 2016 (Civil War until BFF/Boss Rush).

Ha ha ha. We've got about four more months to wait. icon_mrgreen.gif

it's not humorous at all.

it's honestly just makes for a boring game.

I know some members are satisfied with the current schedule of 2 pve events a year, but I don't see what they stand to lose if the requests for more content are heard.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    I've pretty much made my peace with the way the game is. Iso flow is adequate for my needs, and my progression goals are achievable. The game means very little to me, but at this point I can't imagine anything they could realistically do to get me all that invested again. I dunno if the main thing that has kept me going is irritation or what, but these days mostly when I think of this game my only emotion about it is ennui.

They've gotten to a much better state of balance in most respects, and now I have nothing to really complain about, except how flavorless the game feels now.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Skygazing wrote:
    Peej13 wrote:
    Is there anything new coming up, other than new characters?

Short answer: yes.

Slightly longer answer: it's a difficult thing to discuss because of forum policy, but as red names have suggested in recent history, Demi is in fact working on new features that go beyond new characters and reskinned events. As for when we might see those features implemented? No clue, but they do exist and we'll see them eventually.

Where would one go to see such things, if they existed?
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Peej13 wrote:
    Peej13 wrote:
    It's true. I don't speak for the obstinate, the brusque, or the blind followers.
    58745103.jpg
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Peej13 wrote:

Nope.
    Peej13 wrote:
    It's true. I don't speak for the obstinate, the brusque, or the blind followers.

Peej13 : I am your Spokesperson!

aesthetocyst: Well 'ow'd you become spokesperson then?

(holy music up)

Peej13: The Lady of the Lake-- her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that I, Peej13, was to carry Excalibur. THAT is why I am your spokesperson!

aesthetocyst: (laughingly) Listen: Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of representation! Supreme representation derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some... farcical aquatic ceremony!

Peej13: (yelling) BE QUIET!

aesthetocyst: You can't expect to wield supreme representation just 'cause some watery tart threw a sword at you!!

Peej13: (coming forward and grabbing the man) Shut *UP*!

aesthetocyst: I mean, if I went 'round, saying I was an emperor, just because some moistened bink had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Peej13: (throwing the man around) Shut up, will you, SHUT UP!

aesthetocyst: Aha! Now we see the violence inherent in the system!

Peej13: SHUT UP!

aesthetocyst: (yelling to all the other players) Come and see the violence inherent in the system! HELP, HELP, I'M BEING REPRESSED!

Peej13: (letting go and walking away) Bloody PEASANT!

aesthetocyst: Oh, what a giveaway! Did'j'hear that, did'j'hear that, eh? That's what I'm all about! Did you see 'im repressing me? You saw it, didn't you?!
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    We're unlikely to get anything new before the new year at the earliest, as developing and troubleshooting a new feature, and addressing issues that may pop up after release, isn't something that they want to be doing around the holidays.
  • broll
    We're unlikely to get anything new before the new year at the earliest, as developing and troubleshooting a new feature, and addressing issues that may pop up after release, isn't something that they want to be doing around the holidays.

They don't do a holiday event? That's pretty typical with games usually. This will be my first Christmas with MPQ so I don't know what's typical for them.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll wrote:

They don't do a holiday event? That's pretty typical with games usually. This will be my first Christmas with MPQ so I don't know what's typical for them.
    Typical is a new character release in a pve with broken scaling or a buggy boss event and no support staff on hand to fix it.

Happy Holidays!
  • broll
    fmftint wrote:
    broll wrote:

Typical is a new character release in a pve with broken scaling or a buggy boss event and no support staff on hand to fix it.

Happy Holidays!

That seems par for the course to release any new event as close to the maximum off time as possible holidays, weekends, etc. Can't say I'm surprised.
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    fmftint wrote:

Happy Holidays!

gotta love the "increase the time demand during times when players should be with their families" approach. They will also most likely do a sale on HP and ISO in the store. Not because it's generous, but they know how precious those resources are and they know we will spend money to get even a fraction extra.

Don't worry though... the real things we want as a holiday present will definitely not come. Better ways to progress your roster? more ISO? less infuriating RNG screwjobs? HA! here comes a heroic PVE with a **** new 4* that you won't fully cover for another year... further diluting the 4* realm and making roster progression even harder! Merry Krampus!