Bets for character revisions this offseason?

Vhailorx
Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
edited December 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
The two most glaring to me are:

Mr. Fantastic
5* Cap

Other candidates for buffs:

5* Banner
Ragnarok
Psylocke
Colossus

And do people think there will be any nerfs?

Comments

• Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    Oh ****! This is my favorite part of mpq now and I forgot about it.

Banner. He makes no sense.

Mr Fantastic because he's really really bad.
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    I'm hoping that "everything happens for a reason" and the RNG gave me a 14th Mr F cover because they are going to revamp him and make him amazing and I'll want to champ him.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mr Fantastic
    as for nerfs I see some candidates but wouldn't want to give devs any ideas
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    star.pngstar.pngstar.png
    Spiderman
    Sentry
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png
    Mr. F
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png
    Captain
    Banner

Personally, I'd like to see Banner, I have 6 covers and he's fun to play with. Maybe if his free move generated AP to compensate for messing up my board.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    I am certain it's going to be xforce wolverine. They did invisible women so now it has to be wolverine's turn!

I am not sure about the second one. Probably Mr. fantastic.

I highly doubt they would touch the 5* characters. Not enough time has passed to see how they do in the game as not many people have them. I guess silver surfer was the exception.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mr. Fantastic clearly needs it more than any other 4*. I can certainly see them wanting to give XFW another shot, too.

(For my money: double the damage on green, so it's strong again but not as crazy-good as it was after the buff, and make Surgical Strike steal, rather than generate, AP for each tile destroyed. Done!)
  • Vhailorx
    Mr. Fantastic clearly needs it more than any other 4*. I can certainly see them wanting to give XFW another shot, too.

(For my money: double the damage on green, so it's strong again but not as crazy-good as it was after the buff, and make Surgical Strike steal, rather than generate, AP for each tile destroyed. Done!)

Honeslty, xfirce could be exactly what it used to be and not be overpowered any more. Therr are several 8ap powers that do 3.4k or more in 4* land. Hell, kate can do almost 7k for 8 balck ap!

SS should not generate ap (that creates too many chaining opportunities), but it should get ap destruction back. And his yellow should be a switch/chulk/medusa style passive.

Re banner:
    He needs a rework, but on blue, maybe black, and how the hulk works. His purple transfornation mechanic is the best thing about him. Blue needs to make more green (or proc more often, maybe below 9, rather than below 7?). Hulk should either do a lot more damage, or collect ap and do no damage.
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    I'd also say Mr. Fantastic, and if they managed to get a second character done as well I'm hoping for Elektra.
  • Lemminkäinen
    Lemminkäinen Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Vhailorx wrote:

Mr. Fantastic
    5* Cap

5* Banner
    Ragnarok
    Psylocke
    Colossus

I doubt they will touch any of the usual villains so Rags is out (though 4*Venom could really use some tuning!).

Banner being broken might be a clue that they are tinkering with him.

I think that a good indication of being in need of a buff is when people don't use someone even when buffed. Fantastic and Venom fit the bill, IMO. I see XFW used plenty so I'm not sure they'll buff him.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx wrote:

Mr. Fantastic
    5* Cap

5* Banner
    Ragnarok
    Psylocke
    Colossus

I doubt they will touch any of the usual villains so Rags is out (though 4*Venom could really use some tuning!).

Banner being broken might be a clue that they are tinkering with him.

I think that a good indication of being in need of a buff is when people don't use someone even when buffed. Fantastic and Venom fit the bill, IMO. I see XFW used plenty so I'm not sure they'll buff him.

Usage is a mix of availability and viability. Lots of people use xfw in part because lots of people uave him. That's why it's a mistake to just look at raw usage and determine that JG and IMHB need nerfs. Of course more people use older 4*s! Its still pretty hard to build a 4* for most players.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    With the 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' trailer just out it would be a good opportunity to tackle the Spider-Man family. 3* Spider-Man, of course. But I wouldn't mind seeing a more formidable Miles and Spider-Gwen at the same time. Does anyone ever play with those characters?
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes, I've said it before. Never improve the Dark Avengers. They had to rework some event with Carnage and red feeders because it was too strong. Do you want nearly half of the matches in PvE to be like that?

My votes:
    5* Cap
    4* Mr. Fantastic
    3* Spiderman
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 565 Critical Contributor
    Don't forget Vision 4th time is the charm icon_e_smile.gif
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I mean, there's no guarantee that there will be reworks every season, right? Just sayin'.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    If they do anything this season, I think Mr. F. is an obvious frontrunner. I'd follow that with Psylocke and 3* Spiderman.

I doubt they'd touch the 5* tier. So few have them decently covered that any data out of those matches is suspect.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Spiritclaw wrote:
    I'd also say Mr. Fantastic, and if they managed to get a second character done as well I'm hoping for Elektra.

Elektra isn't bad. Her purple is only truly useful as a counter - if you're countering characters like Nova and OML. Black is extremely useful if you can anticipate an opponent's nuke, and red is extremely useful if you can short red (especially if you've used purple to steal powerful strike tiles).

She's great support. She lacks a powerful nuke and can't generally end a match on her own, but she's really strong in a sneaky way.
  • Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    Banner needs a redo because the point of using him is to transform but transforming him leaves him with 1 sub par power. There is no benefit NOT transforming him because Banner has 1 way way below average power. What the hell does he do other than be there and take match 4s without gaining ap? Not dying only goes so far, especially when he's the only one left standing.
    Also banner shouldn't have more health than hulk.

Love the concept, hate the execution. Make him closer to oml transformation where the passives become active, giving banner a reason to exist, to fuel hulk.
  • AgentCoulsonLMD
    AgentCoulsonLMD Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Agree on Mr. F.
    Still need upgrade on 3 star spider-man. Hopefully by time Spidey Homecoming comes out this summer, this will be done.
    Vhailorx wrote:

Mr. Fantastic
    5* Cap

5* Banner
    Ragnarok
    Psylocke
    Colossus

• Akatosh
    Akatosh Posts: 51 Match Maker
    I think that icon_punisher.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png needs the biggest overhaul, along with icon_spiderman.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png . Also X-Force Wolverine, could use a little damage boost to greenflag.png
  • Vhailorx
    Please dont change 3* pun. Yes he is weak. But i dont want anything to happen to that red. Its such a useful teamup!